Bookie advice please help me...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TomBrady

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2008
I owe a local bookie four figures, I only have 75% of the money.

Ive never missed a payment, and had one large four figure payment that was paid in full on the day it was due.

What should I do? Does anyone know what standard charge is for late payments?

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask if I wasn't clear on something.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
guess you're going to have to bet 6 dimes on butler or davidson today to get even.

How big a guy is he? U could tell him to fock off and come and get it? :shrug: I don't recommend that though.

seriously, you could give him the cash and tell him ur short and will have to catch him later. That's the right thing to do, I guess, if there is a right choice here. If 4 k is all u have though, I'd give him 3 and get on a payment schedule.

Seems like there was a thread here that was similar some years back where the guy threatened to go to the police about his bookie. Some of the other guys might remember. I think that would be wrong of course.

TomBrady

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2008
I don't think hiding/not paying is really an option, hes paid me every time I've won right on time and I'm only down about 1500 on him total. How do payment plans usually work?

Also I only have 500 dollars in remaining credit so I think my only option would be a 500 dollar 3 team parlay but that seems pretty impossible to win.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006

Ive never missed a payment, and had one large four figure payment that was paid in full on the day it was due.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask if I wasn't clear on something.

Thanks for the help.

Tommy don't stress out. Tell him the situation and give him the 75 percent and he will most likely put you on a payment plan. He wants his money and with the laws today he isn't gonna risk threatening you. If he gives you any crap about it tell him that is all you can do for him to get him all of his money. Most won't give you crap about it but if he does, after paying, get another bookie. You are not the first person to be in this situation and you won't be the last. I know you must have that awful feeling in your stomach but try to relax. It isn't the end of the world.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Also I only have 500 dollars in remaining credit so I think my only option would be a 500 dollar 3 team parlay but that seems pretty impossible to win.

You really need to quit betting. Sorry but chasing is just gonna put you more in debt.

TomBrady

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2008
how do payment plans work? is there a vig or will he just ask me for x dollars every week?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CANADA MAN

PUCK YOU
Forum Member
Apr 1, 2006
Richmond Hill, Ontario
From what you said it sounds like you've been with him for a while. Just tell him you only have 75% and you will get him the rest when you can. I can't see it being a problem if you've always paid on time. If he gives you a hastle - put the ball back in your court and tell him you're surprised at his shitty attitude. Tell him to cancel your remaining credit and you plan to bet elsewhere after you pay him. I think you'll be just fine. He needs you more than you need him - remember that!!

:canada1

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
You tell him how it is, enough said. If he doesn't like it, f-ck him. As long as you make an effort no problem should exist. At the end of the day, you have already paid him more than you took from him. It would be different if it was the other way around. Do your best and pay what you can when you can, and stay in communication.

jr11

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago

Thanks for the help.

I'd quit gambling. Pay him off. Be done with the whole thing.

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
Been there, done that TomBrady.

Best thing to do, honestly, is just be straight up with the guy. Tell him you over-extended yourself and feel terrible about it. Give him the 75% you do have and tell him EXACTLY when he'll get his remaining loot. He should be happy with that. Main thing is not to try and win it back. If you are already at the point of nonpayment, you can't afford to lose more. Take a break, build up the bankroll again, and come back strong. The bookie should appreciate the honesty, and the fact that you aren't trying to win your money back. After all, how would you feel if someone owed you money, couldn't pay, and wanted to try to bet with you to win it back?

Just my two cents. Best of luck to you

Mr. Mel

Rabid!
Forum Member
Aug 14, 2007
On my $20 bed
vpdxjb.gif

:yup

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TomBrady

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2008
Thanks for the advice guys. I do plan on stopping or at least taking a break from betting. Is it better to call him a few days before the money is due to let him know I will be short or just to show up and tell him in person?

cavy1

Forum Member
May 8, 2002
Clwtr, Fl
Give him 75% and stiff him on the rest
It will be the only way for you to stop for awhile.
Then in about a year or so if you feel like it you could give him the remaining 25%
Beleive me you are not going to put him out of business.
Just a suggestion if you want to stop.