Bookie advice please help me...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Palmetto Pimp

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Jax
been thru this..just show up with 75% and tell him u did your best and STOP until you feel you can have a hold on everything and dont bet what you dont have

i once owed bookie $4000 so he cut me off for weeks....I tried to stiff him on everything then he showed up to my house a couple of times and I wouldnt answer door...finally he showed up with a cop friend of his(how ironic) then I came up with $2500 i showed up with $2500 and he said I guess thats fine because the last few weeks I cut you off im sure you wouldve won some of it back...you always do lol

ageecee

Forum Member
Aug 17, 1999
Louisiana
Dude didnt he pay you everytime? Did he ever pay you 75% of what you won? i doubt it. Go get a loan for the remaining 25% and chalk it up to stupidity. Or use a credit card if you have one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
If you pay him 75% now and tell him you will pay him back the balance in time he should leave you alone. If he is not the book but an agent, he will give you a harder time since you will be screwing him out of his commission. Any book that is sufficiently funded will take the 75% and be happy ..... unless you have made some big scores recently.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Im not going to stiff him out of any money.

good man. just pay him what you are comfortable with and stick with it. he'll be fine, he has no choice. take a break or quit all together.

TomBrady

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2008
If you pay him 75% now and tell him you will pay him back the balance in time he should leave you alone. If he is not the book but an agent, he will give you a harder time since you will be screwing him out of his commission. Any book that is sufficiently funded will take the 75% and be happy ..... unless you have made some big scores recently.

I know hes a middleman for a large bookie.

I plan on calling him tomorrow to let him know Ill keep you all posted.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
he's already borrowed the money from the book so paying him back interest free is the best bet. i've been there and they will take whatever you can handle.

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
I think calling him ahead of time and explaining the situation honestly is the best idea. The key will be to tell him you are stopping until you can pay him off completely. Building a relationship will keep you with him in the future, and having gone down an up and up path with him (both ways) will make things better in the future, too.

Honest communication is the key, I think. Of course it depends on the guy...and his comfort personally with honesty...:SIB

vanbasten

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2001
pennsylvania
sounds to me like you've been a good customer.

don't be surprised if he happily takes your 75%, tells you to get him the 25% when you can, and then encourages you to continue making plays. DON'T. he'll figure you'll chase the rest, lose and then you'll be back where you started.

get yourself back to square one, and then re-evaluate if this is for you or not. if it is, then you need to come up with an affordable MM plan.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg