Insight Bowl
Iowa +14.5. 1 unit LOSER

1 unit parlay LOSER
MSU/WF Over 49
OU/Iowa Under 58

Meineke Car Care Bowl
NWestern +10 1 unit LOSER
NW/A&M Over 69.5 1 unit LOSER
Lot of points for an A&M team that played poor defense all year. Both offenses can score. We may see another game like the Alamo Bowl.

Sun Bowl
Utah +2.5 1 unit WINNER
Utah/Ga Tech Over 49.5 1 unit WINNER
Utah always seems to play well in bowl games against teams that should beat them easily. Also Ga Tech has a bad ATS record in bowls.

Kraft Bowl
UCLA +3 1 unit LOSER
UCLA/Illinois Under 46.5 1 unit WINNER[/B]
Two crappy teams. I'll take the points

Liberty Bowl
Vandy -1.5 1 unit LOSER
Vandy/Cincy Over 50 1 unit WINNER
Collaros coming back helps with total, but Vandy has been playing well.

Ticket City Bowl
Houston -7.5 2 units WINNER
Houston/Penn St Under 56.5 1 unit WINNER

Capital One
So Carolina -3 1 unit WINNER

Outback Bowl
Mich St +3.5 1 unit WINNER

Gator Bowl
Ohio St +2 1 unit LOSER

Rose Bowl
Wisky +6. 2 units LOSER
Over 72. 1 unit WINNER

Fiesta Bowl
OK St -4 2 units LOSER
Over 75 1 unit WINNER

Sugar Bowl
Va Tech +3 3 units PUSH
Over 51.5 1 unit LOSER

Orange Bowl
Clemson -3.5 3 units LOSER
Over 64.5 1 unit WINNER

Cotton Bowl
K State +9.5 2 units LOSER
Over 66 2 units LOSER

Compass Bowl
Pitt -3.5 1 unit

SHSU/NDSU Over 48 1 unit

Last edited:

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I hear ya. I really believe SDSt heading to the Big East next year will want to start the off-season on a high note.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I'm so sorry about Wyoming. :facepalm:

No effort whatsoever. Can only hope Temple gets tired in the second half.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Wow. I can't remember the last time I had an opening bowl season like Saturday. Well, let's change that this week.

I was initially leaning towards Marshall based on the last two games they had of the season. It appeared they were heading into the right direction. However, at 6-6, Marshall may just be happy to be at a bowl game. I can see them enjoying the fesitivities a little too much. I also see where two of their RBs are dealing with injuries. Travon Van has a sports hernia and Tron Martinez has a bad knee.

FIU looks to be a team on the rise. TY Hilton is a star and he will look like one against an outmatched Marshall. I also think Mario Cristobal is looking for a win to help land a better coaching job. FIU should win by a TD. Also leaning Under.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Corley1011

Hail State!
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2006
Madison, MS
Both offenses aren't stellar... however FIU does have the X-factor in Hilton... FIU does have the better of the 2 D's statistically, but they've played an incredibly weak schedule... Marshall's D-Line will give Carroll hell... But if FIU gets Marshall's D running all over the field, then they will win the game

I see this game ending 27-17 FIU

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
I think TCU rolls them up Joe. Far superior team IMO. TCU ranked #2 for toughest schedule and La Tech ranked #92. TCU looking for some respect before going into the Big 12. La Tech wont stop them. Forget about who wants to be here..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I think TCU rolls them up Joe. Far superior team IMO. TCU ranked #2 for toughest schedule and La Tech ranked #92. TCU looking for some respect before going into the Big 12. La Tech wont stop them. Forget about who wants to be here..

I know I sound lilke a homer, but that's exactly my take. People said these exact same things about TCU heading into the Poisettia Bowl game back in 2008 against NIU. TCU was disappointed they didn't beat Utah to make it to the BCS. So, Garrett Wolfe was going to run all over TCU. TCU won the game 37-7.

Casey Pachall will be the MVP of this game. TCU's D grew up as the season went on. They will be ready for La Tech's passing attack.

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Okay, I'm getting my dates mixed up. Now I sound stupid. :facepalm:

TCU played NIU in 2006. 2008 was the year TCU played Boise St. Different scenarios. Sorry for the confusion.

Doesn't change my mind about the outcome of the game though. :0074

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I don't know if it's because I'm spending a lot of time on basketball this year or I've just lost it. Possibly ex trouble causing me stress as well. But, I'm about ready to call it a season guys.

I know you can't predict a kid muffing a punt, but everyone I spoke with said the team was focused and ready to play. Obviously, that wasn't the case. They looked like they would rather be anywhere but San Diego. Which is a shame because now all they'll hear is "TCU barely beat La Tech. They had no reason to gripe about missing out on a BCS Bowl this year."

I posted in other threads that the trends said La Tech and the Under, but I was stubborn and thought TCU and the Over were due. Obviously, I should have rode the trends (at least the Under).

Basketball is the only thing saving my bacon each night. If I lose tomorrow's bowl game, I'm out.

OK, end of rant. Maybe a good night's rest will clear the cobwebs and get me back on track.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Don't bet with your home team unless you feel good is my advice. Talked to my sister and brother-in-law who are TCU fans and they told me don't take TCU period. GL the rest of the way! You'll get hot!

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Don't bet with your home team unless you feel good is my advice. Talked to my sister and brother-in-law who are TCU fans and they told me don't take TCU period. GL the rest of the way! You'll get hot!

I got some bad info on the state of the team in San Diego. I was just blowing off steam last night. Tonight's another chance to get well.