Bowls

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
I don't know if it's because I'm spending a lot of time on basketball this year or I've just lost it. Possibly ex trouble causing me stress as well. But, I'm about ready to call it a season guys.

I know you can't predict a kid muffing a punt, but everyone I spoke with said the team was focused and ready to play. Obviously, that wasn't the case. They looked like they would rather be anywhere but San Diego. Which is a shame because now all they'll hear is "TCU barely beat La Tech. They had no reason to gripe about missing out on a BCS Bowl this year."

I posted in other threads that the trends said La Tech and the Under, but I was stubborn and thought TCU and the Over were due. Obviously, I should have rode the trends (at least the Under).

Basketball is the only thing saving my bacon each night. If I lose tomorrow's bowl game, I'm out.

OK, end of rant. Maybe a good night's rest will clear the cobwebs and get me back on track.

Joe,
Some general advice. I try to avoid listening to what local and team "insiders" have to say. It has never helped me pick games correctly. Objectively speaking, last night was a clear letdown spot for tcu program which was playing in this same bowl for a 3rd time in 5 years, had played in the mother of all bowls last year and were close to a bcs bowl this season. Of course, everyone was saying the right things, but these are 18-22yo kids which is why the ebb and flow of emotions is a major part of my college football capping.

Either way, you've had a nice season IMO. It is not easy to win 53% of games playing 25 games weekly.

Gl rest of the way:toast:

Last edited:

LUNCH PAIL

Forum Member
Sep 19, 2011
NORTH CAROLINA
JOE....THAT WAS A TOUGH LOSS AND I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL....YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO PREDICT THE MUFFED PUNT OR PENALTIES THAT ABSOLUTLY KILLED ANY CHANCE OF A COVER...LET'S GET BACK ON TRACK TONIGHT WITH A WIN :toast:

GL WITH REST OF YOUR PLAYS :0074

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Posted my Hawaii Bowl plays.

Would have liked to been able to get it at -7, but -8's better than 9 or more. This is strictly a contrarian play. I've been awful this bowl season, so take it with a grain of salt.

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Posted my play.

This is a play against Mizzou's bowl record. They haven't covered the last three years. They are also 1-4 as favorites this year. I thought about the under, but not confident enough to play it.

Good luck!

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Need to get on a roll. I'll post my plays later, but leaning W Michigan, Louisville and Under in both.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
First game called in. Just read about players on Purdue out for the game. So feel stronger about my Under play.

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I'm on a downward spiral. If it wasn't for basketball, I'd really be in the shitter. Fade away. :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Let's get this train wreck back on track. Posted my plays. I think yesterday's Under Fest was a fluke. Today we get back to some Overs.

GL! :toast:

Corley1011

Hail State!
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2006
Madison, MS
Joe I said fuck it... This has been one of the weirdest football seasons I can remember... There's no skill involved... Just bet the favorite and there's a 75% chance you're gonna win haha

Hope the Holidays were good to you and your loved ones brother... Nashville kicked my ass :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
I'll be glad when these games are over. My ass is hurting from all these rapings. :facepalm: