He quit in between the 9th and 10th rounds

sorry crow....Vidoz did you wrong

that lazy slob....he more than likely would have gotten the decision

his corner was shoving the mouthpiece in his mouth

Hilarious

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I'm still waiting for the officials to dq Skelton for some reason. Cmon, they can come with something for christs sake.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I'm really surprised...
Vidoz is usually quite durable...
I saw him take huge shots from Valuev.
We were in Italy and he had trained right...

Oh well.

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
That's the risk with older fighters. When their lungs are burning and they are in pain they may just ask themselves "What am I doing here?"and call it a day. Skelton seems like the type of guy that would die in the ring before he quit. But Vidoz's mindset has never been like that and his surrender will probably be symbolic for his career at this point.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
What was weird is he seem to be taking control of the fight the round before

something must have happened...a body shot or something I didn't see

it didn't make any sense...halfway through the 9th he stopped fighting...and then in the corner he pulled the NO MAS

this was like the Holt-D-Hop fight

shitty ass fight, one guy just wanted to win more than the other guy

Congrats Skelton backers (if there were any)

:mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
That's the risk with older fighters. When their lungs are burning and they are in pain they may just ask themselves "What am I doing here?"and call it a day. Skelton seems like the type of guy that would die in the ring before he quit. But Vidoz's mindset has never been like that and his surrender will probably be symbolic for his career at this point.

Very well put. This fight CLEARLY meant more to Matt Skelton. All you had to see was the elation on his face after the fight. Kudos to him.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
ugly weekend here..2 small pars down the drain on a broken arm and a?......a?.......whatever:shrug: ......

if i moved in next door to you this weekend,your grass would probably die....

:lol:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Hopefully Alvarado under redeems me. I was thinking to take the scalp, but nah.

I took some Soto under -210, I can't imagine it going 6 full rounds. The crowd will be bloodthirsty, and you know the ref will let Soto smash him to bits. I can see a quick stoppage by the ref, no chance for shenanigans.

Aren't Mexican rings typically smaller? I might make myself sound stupid here, and I have no evidence to back this up, but just off the top of my head, it seems like Mexican rings in Mexico are generally smaller in size, which is better for the brawler.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Emanuela Pantani wins a 10 round UD in Italy
DAMN I knew it....should have gone with my instincts on that one

Damn you Vidoz !

Overall I am having a good Friday

SMALL loss on Vidoz
LARGE win on Lauri and the Lauri under
MEDIUM win (barely) on the Vidoz over 8.5

Tonight I went with NJ on the under 9.5 and I parlayed Alvarado to Karmazin

I hope I am right about Roman

Good luck guys ! Let's go Alvarado !

:mj06:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
soto12-20.jpg

Soto looks none too pleased.

ps any lines for the Guzman round prop? He made weight, and his opponent sucks.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Great photo !

Somebody is going to catch a serious beatdown in Mexico tomorrow night.

Haven't seen any lines on Guzman anywhere....he made weight...that's an upset in itself

I still think, coming in healthy, he beats Nate Campbell

Guzman is no joke, man

he schooled Soto, and Soto is a killer !

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Agreed, I believe most of us were on him to beat Nate, it was actually goode for us for him to pull out rather than fight dehydrated and physically ill.

Hear that Oscar, you piece of shit?

Hopefully Guzman gets at least 1 more fight as the underdog, I can't wait to bet him. Hell I'd bet him to beat Pac, but no way he'll get it. More likely he'll get a bout vs someone who is high risk/low pay, someone like... I dunno... Nate Campbell?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
baldomir small at +170...for the hell of it...

it`s a long way to meaningful fights in january...we`ll tighten it up in the new year..:toast:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Here's a laugh:

Evander Holyfield Claims His Quest For Severe Brain Damage Keeps Him Fighting

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/evander_holyfield_claims

ATLANTA?Forty-six-year-old heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield, who has taken hundreds of blows to the head in a career spanning more than 50 professional matches, told reporters Wednesday that he wouldn't stop fighting until a neurological examination reveals that he has acute brain damage. "When I can no longer speak clearly, or remember where I'm from, or what I what I what what, then I'll know it's time to hang up the gloves, but until then I think I want spaghetti for dinner with mushrooms and rubber-band sauce," said Holyfield, adding that his Dec. 20 bout with Russian Nikolai Valuev should put him one step closer to his dream of suffering irreparable tearing and lesions of the brain, and that he likes really big Ferris wheels. "I'm close. I can feel it?the tingling sensation in my hands, the bright lights that hurt my eyes. Maybe a few more [fights] after this one. Okay, Mom, I'm going to bed now. Bye-bye." Holyfield then rubbed the top of his right ear and asked reporters, "What the hell happened here?"

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Be careful what you wish for.

Story of a manager explaining his fighter he's completely shot: " Joe, you're done. You're 40, lost your reflexes, speed and timing. You can't take a shot anymore, you're slurring badly. You're going to take a beating in there.
-But boss, i'm standing to make the biggest purse of my career against this guy !
- Joe, you won't be able to count the money !"

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Oh Snap

Alvarado punishing Huerta against the ropes

this can''t go much longer

complete destruction

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
dang, mad respect for Huerta! he's coming for a fight, and going head-first into a puncher.

as expected, Alvarado is more precise, more skilled and more powerful. under 9.5 looks like a lock.

But damn, Huerta is a tough mofo.