Boxing 4/24 - 4/25

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
this forum is crazy hot...........keep up the good work,guys...

kudos to all!.....:toast:

crazy is the word for it weasel
let's keep this going....no place better....we have been absolutely destroying the game lately....great job crew....

:toast:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
crazy is the word for it weasel
let's keep this going....no place better....we have been absolutely destroying the game lately....great job crew....

EXCELLENT JOB everybody! I was down 5 hund after the bet on miranda but was still confident of a good week. It's been a great day even after going in the neg for a while. Congrats all:toast: :toast: :toast:

Ghost, you have a result on the chick fight

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Here's what we got left guys:

I am searching for a result on the chick fight in Indiana

Follmar vs. McGee
We need the over 9.5 there for a few of us

then I need Ponce De Leon and Salgado in Mexico...these are for parlays

finally, overnight in Australia
I used Danny Green in a parlay for the hell of it
this is his comeback fight in his hometown

I'm sure the Mexico results will be soon...the chicks harder to find

I am LARGE on this chick over....it would be an epic week if this hits

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
The Weekend of Knockouts!

The Weekend of Knockouts!

Go Ponce De Leon! :director:

I saw him KO Rey Bautista in the 1st round live in Sacramento, Cailifornia (where I'm from) and it was awesome! He has a great 1-2.

Man what a great week guys. Great job!

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Here's what we got left guys:

I am searching for a result on the chick fight in Indiana

Follmar vs. McGee
We need the over 9.5 there for a few of us

then I need Ponce De Leon and Salgado in Mexico...these are for parlays

finally, overnight in Australia
I used Danny Green in a parlay for the hell of it
this is his comeback fight in his hometown

I'm sure the Mexico results will be soon...the chicks harder to find

I am LARGE on this chick over....it would be an epic week if this hits

good luck brother...it will simply be icing on the cake of a GREAT day. Let's go over!

Oddessa

Forum Member
Jun 22, 2003
So you guys can get some sleep...

Jose Salgado beat Darwin Zamora by KO in Round 8

Daniel Ponce de Le?n beat Marlon Aguilar by Decison in 12 Rounds

Mary McGee beat Kristy Follmar by Decision in 10 Rounds

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
So you guys can get some sleep...

Jose Salgado beat Darwin Zamora by KO in Round 8

Daniel Ponce de Le?n beat Marlon Aguilar by Decision in 12 Rounds

Mary McGee beat Kristy Follmar by Decision in 10 Rounds

Oddessa, you don't know how happy you just made me!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT JOB TEAM !!!!!!!!

:00hour :00hour :00hour :00hour
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Oddessa, you don't know how happy you just made me!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT JOB TEAM !!!!!!!!

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

:00hour :00hour :00hour

BEST week on the year!!! Down 11k on Jan 31 and I FINALLY finish a week well in the black now!!!! Awesome effort on everybodies part!!!! Thx for all the comments. Braniac got me to bite on the Sturm under w/his comments. Huge night and icing on the cake w/2 max bets on the chick over. CONGRATS TO ALL:toast: :toast: :toast:

p.s I still have some parlays alive with Peterson, Lopez, Green, and Dawson:) :) :)

Last edited:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007

heyyy that was a nice week!!

I knew Froch would get him easy! ;-)

knocked him out literally in the last second, he's just a notorious frontrunner Taylor its incrdible...should have bet more on Froch 10-12 though, but damn that was close...could have been a different result!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007

heyyy that was a nice week!!

I knew Froch would get him easy! ;-)

knocked him out literally in the last second, he's just a notorious frontrunner Taylor its incrdible...should have bet more on Froch 10-12 though, but damn that was close...could have been a different result!

Check this one out if you don't mind me bragging a bit.

4/23/09 4:22am $15.00 $600.00 $615.00 Win 4/25/09 10:00pm Boxing Fighting 673 Froch by KO round 12 +4000 vs Any other result

Actually put a few bucks on Lyell too, I think it highly unlikely I'll be hitting a 40 to 1 and 20 to 1 dog in the same weekend anytime soon. Congrats on what seemed like a monster week for many.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008

4/23/09 4:22am $15.00 $600.00 $615.00 Win 4/25/09 10:00pm Boxing Fighting 673 Froch by KO round 12 +4000 vs Any other result

Actually put a few bucks on Lyell too, I think it highly unlikely I'll be hitting a 40 to 1 and 20 to 1 dog in the same weekend anytime soon. Congrats on what seemed like a monster week for many.

WHOA !!!!
I LOVE IT....Nice Punch....Very Nice !!!!

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007

well done punchy! :mj06:

Actually I was thinking about Lyell too, but there were so many other fights that kept me occupied that I didnt touch it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
crow if youre still awake:

bet365 and betfair are offering live betting on froch/taylor.

those live help people suck :lol:

:mj13:

Thanks for keeping me informed; if i can't get live betting at 365 for Pac- Hatton, then they must have profiled my account ( i took them to the cleaners huge 6 months ago with Hopkins-Pavlik)

I had big money on this going the distance; my hedge ( Froch ko rds 10-12) bailed me out BIG time ( like my Lopez ko late rds vs Penalosa)) but it could have been sooooo much better with live betting.
( had Froch not gotten up in the third, i would be in the red right now)

A modest winning week. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Danny Green wins in Australia !

KO in 2 !!!!!!!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Weekend Review:

-Three prospects showcased on Friday night, and I was impressed with 2, not so much by the third.

Daniel Jacobs looks like a beast and a future champ. If Kirkland goes to the slammer, Golden Boy will probably throw his career into overdrive.
Antonio Escalante was very impressive in dispatching Stark easily and making Atlas wrong again on the prediction front. Escalante reminds me of a mini Fernando Vargas with his intensity and power - but he has one huge problem. He weighs 122 pounds. And the guy running that division is named Juan Manual Lopez.
Devon Alexander, I thought, left a lot to be desired. He was missing a lot of shots (not "sharp" as Farhood kept saying) and was sort of lucky to get the stoppage when Rodriguez quit on his knee. Rodriguez took the fight on short notice - I did not expect him to be able to win this. But Alexander seems to go into one mode in there - slapping, moving, and ZERO POWER. Cory Spinks part 2. I think Bradley destroys him.

-The two high profile, even-money fights of the week were Spinks-Latimore and Taylor-Froch. And they proved to be just that - flip of the coin battles. Props to anyone who was able to nail both of these (I think gweasel did it). Going 2 for 2 with these was like walking into the fire and coming out unscathed. Impressive.

I was on Latimore, but I believe the decision was correct. I had it 7-5 Spinks (114-113). Latimore's stamina and brains were a disappointment to me. Maybe he can improve, as he is still young (and does have power). Spinks fought a Cory Spinks fight - he pulled out another close one. That being said, I think his legs are gone and, just my opinion, he is fade material now.

-Although I was disappointed In Latimore's brains down the stretch, that was nothing compared to Jermaine Taylor's complete meltdown (AGAIN). I bet the draw in this fight, but I felt very bad for the guys who had Taylor. He is an 8 round world champion. I have NEVER seen him go the route and look fresh. He FADES EVERY FIGHT. Last night, he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The 12th round collapse was predictable, and yet, still amazing.

Credit must be given to Froch, though, who is limited in his defensive abilities, his speed, and his athleticism. But what he lacks there, he makes up for with power, smarts, TOUGHNESS, and downright cockiness. He never doubted he was going to win that fight, and Taylor did. Froch went in for the kill beautifully - keeping his distance and hammering away at Taylor in the 12th. Spectacular win for Carl "The Cobra" and congrats to those who had the balls to bet him.

-The ZDF German card was a total farce and Sato was, as I stated in the thread, one of the WORST title challengers I have ever seen in a televised main event. That being said, this German card was a goldmine for those of us who play favorites - Sturm, Balzay, and Golovkin were as sure a parlay as it gets. Easy hits on the Sturm and Golovkin unders as well. I did not see the Golovkin fight, but apparently, this guy is the goods.

-On the HBO card, Evan and a few others were smart enough to grab the fantastic price on the Lamont Petersen UNDER 9.5 - really a steal at +250. This was another UNDER in the weekend of UNDER hits - Jacobs, Golovkin, Petersen, Sturm, Alexander, Green.

In the main event, a star continues to rise. Juan Ma Lopez is downright scary in his talents and a complete BEAST in this boxing game. I really think putting Vasquez or Marquez in against him would be cruel to the veterans at this point. He didn't just beat a very good, very game Penalosa - he dismantled him. COMPLETE DOMINATION. Juan Ma is the truth. Believe.

-Best straight bet of the weekend, for the price, I think was Davaryl Williamson. He opened at -140 and this was WAY too low. Madjackers were all over this one. Williamson was -200 by fight time (still a steal when you consider the class difference), and he easily dispatched with Carl Davis.

-Three dogs hit this weekend:
Dapadong +220 (props to Graham for nailing this one perfectly)
Manuel Charr +375 (this was on the German undercard)
and the big one:
Billy Lyell at +2000 defeated John Duddy.
Duddy had looked terrible at points against Vanda and Smichet, but I never would have thought Lyell would be the one to knock of the Irishman. Props to punchmaster and lordofthelunch for hitting the homerun with this one.

-Fight of the weekend was the dramatic Taylor-Froch encounter on Showtime. But there was also a cracker on Setanta, with Martin Lindsay taking the British title away from Paul Appleby in Ireland (6th round TKO in a shootout). The Irish, it seems, are unbeatable this year.

Regrets:
This was a FANTASTIC money making weeekend. I don't have any regrets, even on Latimore, who was just too green but almost pulled it off still.
I do have one bet I wish I had made. Juan Ma ITD. Many of the madjackers hit this. I knew Juan Ma was just too big, too fast, too good. Wish I had followed you guys on that one.

Great weekend and congrats everybody !

Last edited:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Spot on Ghost...very good stuff. You should be writing your own column. But hopefully not, you are appreciated here. Excellent excellent week all around. Sorry Wee...loooks like you lost some nice winnings in the final 10 secs. I thought about green -1300 but wouldnt have forgiven myself for killing nearly half my earnings for a buck. I feel another good week on the horizon. I see some potential value and will post it when the odds come out. :toast: :toast: :toast:

BTW Freddie Roach appears to be convinced the fight with Hatton is not going the dist. I'm starting to buy into it....ITD -150 max and under 10 1/2 +110 max. I give Hatton a shot but my pick is Manny itd.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i hope allan green vs froch happens

so i can get back my money :mj07:

i underestimated jermain's stupidity(is that possible?) and underestimated froch's tenacity

it was a fun weekend

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
box_g_jtaylor_576.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
box_g_jtaylor_576.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Couldn't help but feel a bit bad for Jermain. Had to be Deja Vu going thru his head (Pavlik 1). Froch is one tough , strong willed Brit. Took a while for Froch to get comfortable- he is known to battle some early nerves and I think he did in that fight. Although he does appear a bit amateurish, there is some talent there and he needs to be working on that jab and defense.