Boxing;9/17/2011; Mayweather-Ortiz

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
As far as I can make out, its a matter of taking Mayweather by12 rd. decision-156; OR Mayweather inside +214; OR goes the distance -170. Of course you can't bet everything, BUT, under 11.5 is lined at +158. I don't see Ortiz winning a decision. He just isn't there yet to solve the vast arsenal of Mayweather. If he fights like a man possessed as he did versus Berto, he could get stopped. Mayweather's stellar defense, and superb counter punching will be a handful for the young Victor. When Ortiz steps in the ring with a true, polished,high line pro as is Floyd, he will know he has his hands full. Also the points handicap could work if you like Victor at +23.5. If Floyd wins 8 rounds to Ortiz's 4, which looks reasonable, on all 3 judges score cards it would be 116-112. So Ortiz with 23.5 is a winner, as he is down 4 points on each card. Or 10 rounds to 2, gives us 118-110, which is a loser, by 1/2 a point. Seems the odds makers only see Ortiz winning 2 rounds. I am not so sure. He could win at least 3 on effort alone. Oh yea, did I mention knock downs!!!! So I like Floyd by decision and Ortiz with the points handicap. All the above at 5Dimes.

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
25.5 is very good. As I said, I think the kid(Ortiz) can steal a few rounds just on youth and determination. He just best be careful as he got hit flush by Berto, and Mayweather is MUCH better/faster/accurate than him. Hey, Ortiz might even win, but I ain't seeing that.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Excerpts from "The Vegas Runner" @ Gaming Today

Excerpts from "The Vegas Runner" @ Gaming Today

"To those that argue Mayweather has trouble with southpaws, nothing could be further from the truth. Except for Zab Judah who at his peak held his own for a while, no other lefty gave him any problems at all. In fact, some of Money?s most impressive wins came against southpaws like Sharmba Mitchell and Demarcus Corley."

"In his fight with Berto, Ortiz was in against another brawler who was willing to stand toe to toe and exchange punches. That?s not what he?ll face in Mayweather who will outbox him just like Lamont Peterson did against Ortiz when he got off the canvas twice to get a draw. Ortiz is good at beating guys up and throwing a lot of power shots, but against Mayweather that will only leave him more vulnerable."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IBank

Forum Member
Oct 18, 2009
i dont know, ortiz has a penchant for being knocked down but not out multiple times in a fight.. wont that effect the scoring drastically for the points handicap, two knock downs will kill this bet. hes gonna eat counters all night by floyd

thoughts?

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
You are totally correct. If he takes the fight to Floyd, he will no doubt get countered. Like Bill Russell used to say, he knew what guys were going to do before they did it. So does Mayweather. Once he decodes Ortiz' game plan, a knock down is possible. But I think the Ortiz' team knows what Mayweather is capable of, and would be wise to avoid a shootout they cannot win. Who knows? Once guys get tagged all hell breaks loose. Floyd has a much better track record sticking to a plan than most fighters. Recall the Judah debacle; he retreated to his corner and played it smart. If you feel the points @ 23.5 are too low, avoid it. It will be close. Also as a side note, Mayweather said he will NOT box/move, etc. but stay right in front of Ortiz and slug it out. I'll believe it when I see it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Somehow I am getting the impression Floyd is confident, but truly concerned in this one. I don't think he ever thought he could possibly lose in any of the 41 fights he has been in. I thought Castillo actually beat him, but I am not a boxing judge. Also, I really don't think Mayweather has ever has his back against the wall and been in a desperate battle. I think he may have visions of a determined Ortiz, and thinks he COULD POSSIBLY lose. SO!!!! Well, to me that means we may see one of the best performances from Floyd yet. I may bet a little on draw too!

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
a few casual friends brought up the fight to me

they think mayweather will KO ortiz

so i will go opposite and go OVER

these guys know next to nothing about boxing

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joeyd

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2009
My book has Ortiz+550 I can't help think he has a chance and since I'm watching the fight I'm gonna take a shot for a 100..I'm grown to hate mayweather and to see him lose would be awesome and why not make a little coin on it.enjoy the fight

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
5Dimes has Ortiz by KO-TKO-DQ +786 and it warrants a play. Not likely to happen, but it could. Also, they have Mayweather by "any decision" -148, and I like that also. All points to the same thoughts I've had from the jump. Ortiz not being able to outbox Floyd, or, Ortiz getting lucky. Both guys insists they will stand toe to toe and slug it out. Won't go the distance. RIGHT! And I won't stick it in all the way!
P.S. This is only Ortiz' 2nd fight at welter-147. This will be Mayweathers 8th, FWIW.

Last edited:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
KOD hasn't posted a play

:00hour

I looked at this fight a long time and have decided not to wager on it.

Fact is I really cannot stand Floyd and I hope he gets knocked the fawk out. With that being said I doubt it will happen.

I also refuse to pay for this fight on PPV because I am boycotting any fight where Floyd will not have a high likely chance of being knocked the fawk out.

I hate that running defense fight that Floyd fights.

The other night on HBO 24/7 it shows Floyd at the car dealers and he trades in one of his cars to buy another Rolls Royce. Another white one.

Then he makes a big show about paying the differance in cash. He has about a ten inch wad he hands to the guy.

Then he gets on his computer with the troops in Afghanistan and Floyd walks around with his camera on to show the troops his fawking house and his 8 white Rolls Royces.

Honestly , what kind of a person does that. Does he think the troops give two shits about all his money and material things he has.

Floyd is a complete shit ball.

I hope he gets KO'd in this fight.

If he does I will watch the rerun.

Good luck Frankey and Thong !

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret

I looked at this fight a long time and have decided not to wager on it.

Fact is I really cannot stand Floyd and I hope he gets knocked the fawk out. With that being said I doubt it will happen.

I also refuse to pay for this fight on PPV because I am boycotting any fight where Floyd will not have a high likely chance of being knocked the fawk out.

I hate that running defense fight that Floyd fights.

The other night on HBO 24/7 it shows Floyd at the car dealers and he trades in one of his cars to buy another Rolls Royce. Another white one.

Then he makes a big show about paying the differance in cash. He has about a ten inch wad he hands to the guy.

Then he gets on his computer with the troops in Afghanistan and Floyd walks around with his camera on to show the troops his fawking house and his 8 white Rolls Royces.

Honestly , what kind of a person does that. Does he think the troops give two shits about all his money and material things he has.

Floyd is a complete shit ball.

I hope he gets KO'd in this fight.

If he does I will watch the rerun.

Good luck Frankey and Thong !

why don't you go ahead and buy the fight so you can say, " FUCK! I GOT RIPPED OFF! "

that's worth $70.99

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
why don't you go ahead and buy the fight so you can say, " FUCK! I GOT RIPPED OFF! "

that's worth $70.99

As the famous George W once said....

Fool me once , shame on you....

Fool me twice ..... and fawk me and my mama

you fooled me.........