boxing ...august 12/13

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Cintron down the road

Cintron down the road

Well, I put Cintron in a parlay with McCloskey on 09/10 in N.Ireland. I think McCloskey wins handily here. But I'll say this, even though Cintron won, he was asking Ronnie Shields who was ahead at the end of the 9th round. Cintron was gassed and was planning on coasting if he had a comfortable lead. That is a very bad sign. If Cintron was in with a guy with some pop, he would have folded like a cheap suit. He is not worthy of any more of my action. He will probably THINK he is back; look to face a tougher guy next time out, and he will lose! Call 1-800-ITT-TECH.

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
Result

Result

Kermit Cintron won by outpointing Antwone Smith over ten rounds; 98-92, 97-93, 96-94 unanimous decision

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Well, I put Cintron in a parlay with McCloskey on 09/10 in N.Ireland. I think McCloskey wins handily here. But I'll say this, even though Cintron won, he was asking Ronnie Shields who was ahead at the end of the 9th round. Cintron was gassed and was planning on coasting if he had a comfortable lead. That is a very bad sign. If Cintron was in with a guy with some pop, he would have folded like a cheap suit. He is not worthy of any more of my action. He will probably THINK he is back; look to face a tougher guy next time out, and he will lose! Call 1-800-ITT-TECH.

looks like kermie doesn`t enjoy pressure...even from guys that aren`t big punchers...matter of fact,i think the last two guys he fough(molina and smith) had styles that were like were like wolfsbane to him...two resilient,busy volume punchers......with good chins....hard to discaourage...they make you work extra hard to keep up with them...

honestly,i also think that kermit`s time as a real threat are over...but if you look close,fighting two guys like this back to back is a thankless task.......both guys are spoilers(the espn guys were going on and on about smith pulling upset after upset on their show)....you`re expected to win these....but these guys are hard to look good against......if you look past them,you might just take a loss...particularly if you`re a bit diminished(as cintron appears to be).....

at least we got the "w"....:0074

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
David Tua vs. Monte Barrett should go over,
I think Barret at +350 and Draw are value plays.

Cintron fight could go eigther way, Draw is a nice play and very small on Smith...

Cheers
LotL

barrett nabs a ud in new zealand..he was down in the 12th,but pulled it out.....nice call,lol....

congrats...:toast:

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
Thx brother, I hope you had a decent weekend too!
Just waiting on the fight tonight. Mares or Draw and a litte on the over, should be Game.

Cheers
LotL

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Outstanding call LoTL! I missed the boat on that one. Yea, weasel, Smith is a spoiler, but he also doesn't seem to hit very hard, which may have saved Cintron. And I'd say you hit the nail on the head as far as Cintron not being a viable threat now. I kid you not, I will look to hammer any play where he is involved, as I think he is a tad delusional. He seemed over joyed after this fight. But he was supposed to win and was matched accordingly. Depending upon who he is matched up with, him losing by TKO is a good possibility as he will break down the more punishment he takes. At some point he will give up hope and evaporate.

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
Thx Frank,

btw.
Just added a litte on late Ko by Mares or Adbeko... maybe value at high odds. (in addition to: Mares at around -150 the over 8 / 9 and Draw)

Lets wait and see will be a very intersitng fight :0corn

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
as a guy that has mares in a parlay,i`m appalled by the reffing......

i always said it`s a very bad idea to have an hispanic ref working a big fight with an hispanic fighter...i know it`s taboo to say it,but,wth,i`m calling a spade a spade...

that said,mares is much sharper here.....much sharper...the low blows weren`t changing this fight imo...

BBB

Forum Member
Jun 19, 2005
Can someone help me decipher mexican and let me know if Juan palacios won? Thx

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
Lol at the ref trying to defend himself even when being showed the replays. That fight was crooked as hell, but I'll take it.

I don't the ref being hispanic had anything to do with it, the only colour that was involved was green.

:00x9

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I must be blind but what the Fuck were the judges watching??

There is no fucking way that fight should have been as close on the cards.

Mares won 8 out of 12 rounds not including the 2 bullshit knockdowns.

There is no doubt the reffing was complete shit but the judging was a fucking disgrace as well!!

113-113 my hairy fucking balls!!!

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Good week!!

Once again very controversial officiating!
At least this time I was on the right end! Usually its in favor of the favorit, so at least it is predictable...

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
Juan Palacios vs Armando Torres

Juan Palacios vs Armando Torres

Palacios via TKO9

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
All I can say is "you should have been there"! Holy low blow Batman; I mean me and thong had Mares, but I am surprised there wasn't a riot at the Hard Rock. People were going ape shit when they saw the replay.

Last edited:

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
Good week!!

Once again very controversial officiating!
At least this time I was on the right end! Usually its in favor of the favorit, so at least it is predictable...

:toast:

Nice week indeed!

Congrats to the board =)

Cheers
LotL

Bet on MyBookie