Boxing: David Haye v. Dereck Chisora 07/14/12

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
David Haye @ -280
Dereck Chisora @ +210

Just wanted to get this one started early as I've been eagerly anticipating this fight since it was first announced. I think Del Boy is tailor made for Haye, which I think is why he took the fight despite saying he'd only come out of retirement to fight a Klitschko.

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
David Haye @ -280
Dereck Chisora @ +210

Just wanted to get this one started early as I've been eagerly anticipating this fight since it was first announced. I think Del Boy is tailor made for Haye, which I think is why he took the fight despite saying he'd only come out of retirement to fight a Klitschko.
The more we discuss the fights the better, so early is good. Yea, I'd say Haye is a step up for Chisora. As far as Haye fighting a Klitschko, we saw how that worked out last time. Totally a crap fight to watch. This might be fun though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
i favor over -165

a lot of talk/hyppe translates into a whifff

both to win by pts seems good

Chisora does not have a lot of fights(18) but never KO'd. He lasted with W.Klitschko and also survived Tyson Fury, who knocks just about everyone out. I say he actually beat that pile of dog poop Helenius, but the ref, most of all, destroyed any chance he had there. Haye is a step up and can crack, but Dereck is a tough guy. Over sounds like a plan.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
haye's best punches are those dirty haymakers to the back of the head

mickey vann will be in there to keep those in check

and the luxembourg boxing commission :facepalm:

:mj07:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
i favor over -165

a lot of talk/hyppe translates into a whifff

both to win by pts seems good

Interesting observation!

I like the over as well!

Its quite funny, when you see how Chisora and Haye acted before their respective fights against the Klitschkos and then how they actually fought...Haye very defensively and Chisora actually pretty fair and without any serious fouls....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
Haye v. Chisora card not listed on boxrec.com

Haye v. Chisora card not listed on boxrec.com

What, do they fear repercussions from the BBBofC or something?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
haye's best punches are those dirty haymakers to the back of the head

mickey vann will be in there to keep those in check

and the luxembourg boxing commission :facepalm:

:mj07:

Mickey Vann is out as the ref and will now be ringside as a judge. Haye's camp protested his appointment, with Adam Booth stating, "there's no way a 68 year old featherweight should be in charge of a fight between two aggressive heavyweights." Vann is obviously not happy, to say the least. Interesting to see if cooler heads can prevail and he can judge the fight unbiased.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
From BoxingScene.com...

From BoxingScene.com...

David Haye and Dereck Chisora managed to make it through Thursday's weigh-in without any real incident.

Chisora weighed in at 247 lb, while Haye came in at 210 lb. The two fighters stood on opposite sides of a fence dividing the camps, staring each other down through chain links while talking mild trash. It was just enough to draw cackles from the crowd, but civil and contained as the fighting is being saved for Saturday evening at Upton Park in West Ham, London.

The 10-round heavyweight main event will air live in the UK on Boxnation. Fans in the United States can catch the action live on EPIX and online on its website at EpixHD.com (free with a two-week trial for new subscribers), with the action beginning at 4:30PM ET/1:30PM PT.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
It actually looks mildly ridicilous to see the two of them divided by a fence...

Buck Swope

Forum Member
Apr 14, 2006
I know the Road Warrior is getting long in the tooth, but I just do not see his opponent tonight being able to hang in with that type of pressure

Glen Johnson Inside Distance +300 (double pop)

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Plays...

Plays...

1)Sukhotsky/White-under-7.5-165.
2) Chisora+318.
Well, I feel Del boy is a live dog, so my pick here. Haye will play catch me/f**k me as I see Chisora on a mission to bring the fight to Haye. I think David will try and pot shot Chisora the whole fight and will not stand and trade as he does not want to get KTFO. Not for anything, but Chisora is tough as nails and doesn't give a rats rear end how he looks/behaves in the ring. He isn't intimidated by anything. I say Haye is is the better technical boxer and more skilled, but I like a guy that goes balls to the wall, and that is Chisora.

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
Kahn over mid rds, draw and fight ends SD/MD
Haye over mid to 9.5, draw and H. pts / fight ends SD/MD / dq

:0008
@ Frank I fully understand why you like C. but I am not sure if he will get a "fair" decision even if it gets close... (I think the fight will prop. go the distance) but given you get better then even odds on the start 10 / over 9.5 and even good lines on the over mid rds, this is my play.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Kahn over mid rds, draw and fight ends SD/MD
Haye over mid to 9.5, draw and H. pts / fight ends SD/MD / dq

:0008
@ Frank I fully understand why you like C. but I am not sure if he will get a "fair" decision even if it gets close... (I think the fight will prop. go the distance) but given you get better then even odds on the start 10 / over 9.5 and even good lines on the over mid rds, this is my play.

Makes sense, but in the states there are only so many options. I use 5Dimes and Bovada, and they offer what they offer. The over 9.5 is available, but mid to late rounds is not; draw is up also. GL.

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
Plays & Parlays

Plays & Parlays

(Claudio Alfredo Olmedo -225 v. Cesar Rene Cuenca +175)
You might remember Cuenca as the scheduled opponent for Juan Manuel Marquez before he ended up w/ Serhiy Fedchenko. Guy is most famous for having a monstrous KO percentage w/ a single knockout in 44 professional fights. This is an all Argentinean affair in Olmedo's hometown, but when a guy w/ absolutely no power to speak of can stay undefeated in 44 fights, it has to mean something. Olmedo is a standard pressure fighter, decent power, not much head movement, high guard for defense. Cuenca is a southpaw w/ a style that seems extremely difficult to deal w/. He's constantly bouncing in and out, left and right, maintains distance well, and is capable of doing this for the entire fight. Olmedo has in the past lost to a southpaw w/ a record of 18-20-3. I'm feeling lucky and this is my small play of the weekend on Cuenca @ +175.

(David Haye/Jesus Silvestre parlay @ -122)
Not a whole lot I like tonight, but as I stated before, I like Haye and think Chisora is tailor made for him. The fact that it's a 10 rounder makes me feel more confident. Silvestre is again contesting for the eternally available interim WBA minimumweight title, which he failed to capture 2 fights ago. Diaz is a joke of a challenger w/ a record of 15(5)-17(6). Normally I don't like to judge a fighter based off his record, but the numbers don't lie here and Diaz has fought absolutely nobody of note except maybe Juan Jose Landaeta, who he beat and then was knocked out by in the rematch.

Last edited: