Boxing: David Haye v. Dereck Chisora 07/14/12

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
@ dec26; yea he lost to the lefty, but he came back and dropped him several times to have it stopped in 7. GL, but I haven't seen either of these guys so its too risky for me. Actually, I think the KO artist can win as the no power guy hasn't been fighting world beaters.

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
@ dec26; yea he lost to the lefty, but he came back and dropped him several times to have it stopped in 7. GL, but I haven't seen either of these guys so its too risky for me. Actually, I think the KO artist can win as the no power guy hasn't been fighting world beaters.

For sure, I watched the 3rd fight where he beat him from pillar to post. Cuenca's a much better fighter than De Jesus Paz, and word is that Cuenca is also the beneficiary of many hometown decisions. He's got that style that wouldn't win him many decisions here in America, but down in Argentina quite obviously he gets them all :mj07: It's a small play for me, highlighted by the fact that Olmedo's odds went up. My big play is on the Hayemaker. It's unfortunate we're on opposite sides, but GL nonetheless :0008

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
I've never seen either, so I defer to your more intimate knowledge. I was just going by Boxrec as that's my only insight into it. Hope you are seeing something the odds makers aren't! No play for me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Buck Swope

Forum Member
Apr 14, 2006
contrary to opinion here, I doubled popped U9.5 -110

affter the Klits embarrassment, I have to imagine Haye is going to come out firing

Chisora came in at a weight that makes me think he is not shooting for the most tactical fight either

Plus both of these guys are such dolts that I could see either/both getting DQ'd

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
(Claudio Alfredo Olmedo -225 v. Cesar Rene Cuenca +175)
You might remember Cuenca as the scheduled opponent for Juan Manuel Marquez before he ended up w/ Serhiy Fedchenko. Guy is most famous for having a monstrous KO percentage w/ a single knockout in 44 professional fights. This is an all Argentinean affair in Olmedo's hometown, but when a guy w/ absolutely no power to speak of can stay undefeated in 44 fights, it has to mean something. Olmedo is a standard pressure fighter, decent power, not much head movement, high guard for defense. Cuenca is a southpaw w/ a style that seems extremely difficult to deal w/. He's constantly bouncing in and out, left and right, maintains distance well, and is capable of doing this for the entire fight. Olmedo has in the past lost to a southpaw w/ a record of 18-20-3. I'm feeling lucky and this is my small play of the weekend on Cuenca @ +175.

(David Haye/Jesus Silvestre parlay @ -122)
Not a whole lot I like tonight, but as I stated before, I like Haye and think Chisora is tailor made for him. The fact that it's a 10 rounder makes me feel more confident. Silvestre is again contesting for the eternally available interim WBA minimumweight title, which he failed to capture 2 fights ago. Diaz is a joke of a challenger w/ a record of 15(5)-17(6). Normally I don't like to judge a fighter based off his record, but the numbers don't lie here and Diaz has fought absolutely nobody of note except maybe Juan Jose Landaeta, who he beat and then was knocked out by in the rematch.

Outstanding job all around!

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
Not a good weekend for me (all bets went wrong^^)but that happens every now and then :sadwave:

Congrats to december who had a good feeling about the fights!

Cheers
LotL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Not a good weekend for me (all bets went wrong^^)but that happens every now and then :sadwave:

Congrats to december who had a good feeling about the fights!

Cheers
LotL

You and me both. I could'nt pick Mike Tyson out of a bowl of white rice! Also seems Freddie Roach's star pupils both crashed and burned. Amazing; Khan says he had a game plan but did'nt stick to it! What a tool. Why have a trainer at all?