Boxing for week ending 14 Feb

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ghost, what line did you take muriqi to beat woods? im thinking about it myself.

woods did look terrible against tarver, but it seems tarver brash attitude got into woods' head, he sounded really discouraged and lacking confidence, and put up almost no fight. he may still have it physically, but was mentally absent.

graham should have a strong take on this bout.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I gotr Muriqui +250 NJ

I made a mental note to myself after the Tarver fight-to go against Woods next time

If it was someone other than Muriqui I would bet larger on it - but Muriqui ain't great himself

Muriqui has a horrible KO loss on his record...Danny Santiago - that worries me a little bit

however he is highly motivated here - has a lot of self belief. He may be catching Woods at the right time.

Everybody remembers the fights with Glen Johnson, but Woods was also in two complete wars with Julio Gonzalez. The guy has A TON of mileage on his odometer. He looked a beaten fighter, in more ways than one, after the Tarver fight.

Here is an article regarding Muriqui's preparation for the fight:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18330

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
thx for the link, good article. hopefully mcgirt will still be on vacation come fight night!

muriqi definitely has value at +250. hopefully graham will post some insights into woods' training camp on his site.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
On fightnews radio they just read an email exchange between the host, Marc Lichtenfeld, and Marshall Kaufmann. Kaufman was Cintron's trainer before E. Steward.

To paraphrase, Kaufmann said that, when he is focused, Kermit is a threat to anyone at 47 or 54. However, he finished by saying that Cintron always falls apart when things don't go his way. He also said that Kermit never could handle southpaws. He predicted a wide points win for Sergio Martinez.

Take it for what it's worth. Bitter ex-trainer, or possibly a solid preview.

By the way. Cintron is onto trainer #3 now. Ronnie Shields will be in the corner Saturday night.

ESPN ChatWrap with Martinez from today:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25046

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
it prolly a close fight

martinez is not a pressure guy, but he like to attack

cintron don't like fighting backing up

is this fight like calzaghe - eubanks?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
I'm betting aganist Campbell and going to take the odds with Kermit the frog. Live dogs both.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
MEDIUM parlay

Reyes/Lazarte/Alfaro/A. Angulo
all house fighters, all better than their opponents

maybe leave Angulo out and go with the first 3 - depending on your book
at -800 he helps, -1500 not so much

J. Reyes fighting a possibly shot Hinojosa
Lazarte already beat his opponent once
Alfaro at home in Nicaragua
A. Angulo way too much for Cosme Rivera

maybe one dog wins, but I say NO

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
These are my bets for the weekend.

Thomas to beat Cruz at +210.
Gilbert to beat Brinkley at +165.
These bets were made earlier in the thread.

Robinson over 7 1/2, Angulo under 9 1/2 Parlay. I got really shitty odds compared to you guys but I think Angulo wrecks Rivera who is moving up in weight on 5 days notice against a human wrecking ball.

Frenois to beat Aktas in France at -150. Aktas is totally inconsistent and the fight is in Frenois backyard.
I would be worried about this bet if it was a 12 rounder but French title fights are only 10 rounds.

I am staying away from the major fights as I am torn picking a winner.

Nate is inconsistant and his loss to Issac keeps coming into my mind when I think about the huge Funeka but Funeka has struggled against obscure Africans and this fight is in Nates backyard.

Kermit always has a punchers chance but Sergio looked like a world beater last time out. It's just a pity it was against Alex. I just don't know if Sergio is as good as he looked.

BOTH NO PLAY'S FOR ME!!!

Good luck Fella's :toast: :toast: :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
good call on glibert, weepaul, im on board.

adding:
robinson over 7.5 -160ish
campbell under 11.5 -120 (if nate is ready he'll stop the relatively basic funeka, if nate grows old overnight he could be stopped)
gilbert +175
martinez over 9.5 +230 (!)
muriqi +245

ive trimmed down my campbell bet, but im still on him.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
good to see you posting boxlocks

For me tonight, a few more:

Molina-Camacho NO PLAY ( I can't call it)

MEDIUM Reyes-Hinojosa WILL NOT GO 12 (-150)
I think Efran is shot

SMALL JILES JR. vs. Ray Robinson
two youngsters - taking the +400 value small
may follow you guys on the over as well

GOOD LUCK ALL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Cleverly just stopped the Kenyan in the first round...thought long and hard about the under 6.5

DAMN....

oh well missing an opportunity is better than picking a loser

Cleverly looked much stronger....punching harder now

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
made a small play on molina at +220 based on graham`s write-up.....

worth a small shot...his losses are to decent fighters in competitive fights...better guys than camacho`s seen....he wasn`t overmatched...love the fact that he hung tough with strong mike alvarado...but i think we`re on the short end of a size difference...

not expecting a win...particularly against the promotion`s boy(i doubt they feel that camacho stands much of a chance of losing)....but,at better than 2-1,he`s young...wish he had more pop...

a "wth" little wager to keep me occupied until saturday night... ....wouldn`t advise playing this to someone pinching pennies...

for fun

Last edited:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
campbell/funeka may be officially impossible to call. nate 2.5lbs over, funeka 1.5lbs under!

im keeping my under play, if either guy is dehydrated, overtrained or not focused, it probably wont last.

buying back my nate bet tho, how embarassing for him.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I added reyes yesterday -600, -625 and -750...a big amt. The line has moved to -900. All my plays have moved and in a good position to scalp or hedge. I'm leaving them all alone. Best of luck everybody!

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
My plays:

Reyes-Hinoyosa over 9.5 1,513
Robinson-Jiles Jr over 7.5 1,65
Aktas-Frenois over 9.5 1,37
Funeka 2,75
Martinez-Cintron over 7,5 1,588
Gilbert 2,71
parly: Reyes+Lazarte+Molina+Masternak

Too many options this weekend. Pinnacle showed lines only 6 hours ago.

Good luck everybody!

tonymontana

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2005
made a small play on molina at +220 based on graham`s write-up.....

worth a small shot...his losses are to decent fighters in competitive fights...better guys than camacho`s seen....he wasn`t overmatched...love the fact that he hung tough with strong mike alvarado...but i think we`re on the short end of a size difference...

not expecting a win...particularly against the promotion`s boy(i doubt they feel that camacho stands much of a chance of losing)....but,at better than 2-1,he`s young...wish he had more pop...

a "wth" little wager to keep me occupied until saturday night... ....wouldn`t advise playing this to someone pinching pennies...

for fun
^

I am big on Molina at plus 250.

I also take the under at plus 240 as kind of a hedge. If Molina is not getting stopped or badly hurt and discouraged he g?has a good shot. camacho did go 8 round once and there he lost.
Also he was coming on in the last round though no stamina issue. Evan is on this at plus 190 (Molina)
Nice parlay Funeka + Martinez + Molina.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tonymontana

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2005
i also take a shot with 400 dog jiles junior.
At least he was in a fight where he meet resistance before.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
molina can`t break an egg...but camacho`s slower than a turd falling from a tall cow`s ass...is camacho really this slow or just cold?...

molina has to keep from getting caught with the big shot...