dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
smurphy said:
Less regulation = more deaths - ALWAYS.

Where is your data?

There have always been deaths in mines unfortunately.

Show us how throwing money at the problem by getting the government involved solves the problem

I would argue that getting them involved causes more problems through personal experience with these agencies.

Your hysterical, borderline comments about "Bush hating the miners" are foolish.

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Freeze these are the rantings of the typical left wing libs, that Gov is supposed to make everything alright, take care of us, no personal responsibility at all.

Mining is a dangerous endeavor from any point of view and always has been. Nobody forces anyone to work in the mines esp if they are considered unsafe.

Accidents happen unfortunately, but not in the minds of liberals, its the gov job to stop all disasters, hell why didn't Bush stop Katrina, I dare him. :142smilie :mj07:

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
smurphy said:
AR - I agree in nearly every line of work - but not mines! It's been proven over and over again that without government enforcement, the companies will cut safety to the bone. It's NO COINCIDENCE that the recent increase of fatal accidents in mines have occurred during this time when Bush has slashed safety enforcement.

if the companies are negligent in taking care of their worker's safety.....then they should start locking up these executives & charging them with neglect & murder.....

but i don't want the gov't.or my tax dollars to be involved in any profession....whether it's mining or bailing out the airline companies.....

murph....as a businessman yourself, you surely see that it's not fair to other businesses...

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
Had a fellow physician killed in an elevator accident.

Why did Clinton/Bush/40some odd presidents not have an elevator safety commision in force to prevent this from happening???

Clinton/Bush/Presidents hatred of physicians is DEPLORABLE!!!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
AR182 said:
if the companies are negligent in taking care of their worker's safety.....then they should start locking up these executives & charging them with neglect & murder.....

but i don't want the gov't.or my tax dollars to be involved in any profession....whether it's mining or bailing out the airline companies.....

murph....as a businessman yourself, you surely see that it's not fair to other businesses...
I look an each industry differently. The need for regulation in something like mining is essential. The fact that Bush slashed the MSHA and put cronies in charge of it, have allowed serious safety violations to go unchecked, have allowed companies in violation to go unpunished, and now there have been an increasing number of fatal accidents - in what looks to be situations where many of the actual deaths looked avoidable.

AR - is it conflict of interest that Bush put these people in charge?

Yes - I'm a businessman. That doesn't mean I hold this blanket view of non regulation. Eaqch industry is different. Mining needs tough, thorough regulation and inspection. We had this, Bush sold it out to his cronies, miners have died as a result.

Bet on MyBookie