Can the Environment survive another Bush term?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Considering that during his term he rolled back the Clean Air Act, did nothing to lower oil dependency, set records for mining/drilling contracts, opened up more logging in vanishing old growth forests, provided incentives for companies to leave and take advantage of laxed pollution laws elsewhere, and so much more that I can't remember.

Will these policies come back to haunt us, or are they just phony "liberal" concerns? What do people think?

ocelot

Forum Member
May 21, 2003
Mount Shasta
Continuing the Reagan agenda baby. The Economy, The Environment, The Supreme Court all are at risk in this Election.

Will we do what is right for this great nation's future?

Or will we delude ourselves while acting in the name of our own greed and intolerance and insecurity?

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I think it's hype as nearly all environmental concerns are. If you believed it back in the late 80s and early 90s, you should expect to be dead now from the hole in the Ozone and the Greenhouse Effect. The biggest concern that is hype imho is cuttting the trees. Cutting down trees selectively is actually one of the best things that can be done for wildlife. We're not talking deforestation here.

Also, how do you lower oil dependancy without drilling more at home?

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
SixFive said:
I think it's hype as nearly all environmental concerns are. If you believed it back in the late 80s and early 90s, you should expect to be dead now from the hole in the Ozone and the Greenhouse Effect. The biggest concern that is hype imho is cuttting the trees. Cutting down trees selectively is actually one of the best things that can be done for wildlife. We're not talking deforestation here.

Also, how do you lower oil dependancy without drilling more at home?

If I remember correctly, before the greenhouse effect, we were all suppose to succomb to the next ice age.

The Left thrives off of fear and negativity.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
You know they are desperate when they're falling back on the Environment. :142lmao:

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Maybe it cant in answer to your question. I don't know if he can think far enough ahead. His grandchildren will pay if he's wrong.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
Bush plans on pouring concrete and constructing oil wells on the entire state of Alaska

He also proposes to increase pollutant emissions from all vehicles and factories.

4 More Years!!!!

ocelot

Forum Member
May 21, 2003
Mount Shasta
Yeah, all the brain-deads here don't give 2 shits about what is left for their own kids. All they want is to drive their big SUVs, scratch their crotches, belch, fart, rant about damned scientists, wonder why their wives left them and complain about the child support they have to pay and those damned minorities.

What a bunch of asses and losers

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I think we should use Gore's "alternative fuel sources". Nice platform! When DC cleans up the lobbyist, then this may be a valid idea. Until then, only the ignorant will adopt this thought process.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
Ocelot and John Kerry have their view of America

Dr. Freeze and President Bush have our view of America

A line is drawn in the sand.

Whose team are you on?

pirate fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
I think there are serious problems on both sides of the political issues. Being a business owner, 10 years running currently, and an investment broker for 10 years prior, I know there is hugh greed and unfortunately our culture has turn very materialistic. Instead of caring about people, we care about what we can accumulate. On the other side, I do a lot of social work and I have seen first hand that some people use and abuse the system, but this is the minority, maybe 5% at most. The problem with the democrat system of more big government is the hugh waste of money used up to run the programs rather than getting to the hands of those who really need the assistence. The pork barrel stuff going through is a joke along with alot of spending programs that need serious reform. Yeah I know we are blowing through billions on the war but our country has done this in the past an again, I think we will come out of it OK. Less government is the answer IMHO. I think the flat tax is a good idea and get rid of all the loop holes. We are all americans and those with more, should help out those with less. Both parties have good ideas, but both parties also have some serious problems. I will vote for Bush because I think it is best for the overall country. I will also continue to go to the urban areas and work in soup kitchens, overnight shelters and fight for social justice. Maybe I am wrong but I would like to know how many democrats truly understand business and the economy. How many republicans have any idea what life is like for those who have nothing. The election for president seems to have split the country into two, more so each election. Is there any relation to the haves having more vs. the have nots having less? The rich get richer and the poor get poorer? and so on.

ocelot

Forum Member
May 21, 2003
Mount Shasta
Good post PirateFan. I am afraid though that you are voting against your own value system if you vote Bush. Just my opinion.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
ocelot said:
Yeah, all the brain-deads here don't give 2 shits about what is left for their own kids. All they want is to drive their big SUVs, scratch their crotches, belch, fart, rant about damned scientists, wonder why their wives left them and complain about the child support they have to pay and those damned minorities.

What a bunch of asses and losers

The environment in my are has NEVER been better. My kids are going to have a nice farm to play and hunt on or ride the 4-wheeler, etc. Do you and your kids get out in the outdoors a lot, or are you just taking the word of the "scientists". WE ARE NOT KILLING OUR ENVIRONMENT.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
IntenseOperator said:
The Left thrives off of fear

Classic. Definately only a problem with the left. I'm sure the right never, ever uses fear. Like, say, to justify the inprovoked invasion of another country. This entire campaign ("Bush keeps my family safe") is completely fear-based.

That said, yeah, the ice age was a good one. Still waiting for "The Day After Tomorrow" to come true.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
President Bush believes in ownership.

President Bush knows that when individual Americans own land, we take care of it.

President Bush knows that when the government owns the land, it turns into waste and is a disaster for the environment.

pirate fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
Ocelot, I'm not going against my values, I just feel the best way to fix things overall is through the republican venue, more-so anyhow.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
No legitimate science ever said we'd be dead by now. However there is plenty of legitimate science to show problems in global warming, the ozone depletion, deforestation, mercury poisoning, over-mining and over-drilling, etc etc. Bush has essentially made evry one of these areas worse. It's as if the issues do not exist. But they do exist - and when we start to suffer it will basically already be too late. Fortunately for our selfish generation - we probably won't be the ones paying the big price. It will be future generations.

Should we just ignore the problems and let later people deal with it? Just like the deficit? I suppose we could. It sounds like that's what many people here are endorsing. OK then, more H2's for everyone and outsourcing for all! Let's destroy everything in a proper fashion.

For those coming from a Christian perspective - please don't ignore that the Holy Bible clearly states that we must be "Stewards of the Earth." This cannot be one of the verses selectively ignored - even though I personally know many Christians who do ignore it.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
Do not believe these groundless scare tactics. President Bush believes in being a good steward of the earth.

Groundless accusations that President Bush has made this worse are nothing more than political rhetoric.

No one wants to hear rhetoric calling the American people selfish.

America feeds the world, heals the world, and represents freedom for all who are oppressed.

homedog

I'm trite!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Can the Environment survive another Bush term?

That is the most ridiculous question I have ever heard in my life. The environment will be here longer than you, me, and our grandchildren.

The environment in my are has NEVER been better. My kids are going to have a nice farm to play and hunt on or ride the 4-wheeler, etc. Do you and your kids get out in the outdoors a lot, or are you just taking the word of the "scientists". WE ARE NOT KILLING OUR ENVIRONMENT.

Exactly. :clap:

Bet on MyBookie