Championship Sunday action already in!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

kbyoda

Forum Member
Jan 31, 2001
Bethesda, MD
Ok...here it is...My resoning will follow later in the week!! If you have read my threads, Philly and Oak IMO are going to the show.......With that being said...throw out the lines...I am confident!!

Philly -3
Oak -7 bought the hook

Teaser 7 points

Oakland -.5
Philly +3.5...line moved after I got the 3

Philly fans...Plane Tix are cheap to SD!! Go get em!!!
No offense to TB or Tenn fans...if you are offended...:moon: :moon:

:cool: :D

TBoyrent

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2000
Kokomo,In.
not so fast my friend, Philly will have their hands full next week. TB has the #1 def. in the league and if they contain Donavan they will win. They have already broke that under 40 degree crap so let the war begin:) ;)

kbyoda

Forum Member
Jan 31, 2001
Bethesda, MD
I hear yah TBoy...but man I love Philly!!! Obviously any team can win on any given day, but Philly will have to bring it's C game and TB must bring it's A+ game for that to happen. I don't see Philly bringing anything but their A++ game! They and the city of Philly have been waiting for this game for MANY MANY MANY years!!! Not to mention...last game at the Vet.....

Philly 20-9 IMO

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
kbyoda said:
..but man I love Philly!!! Obviously any team can win on any given day, but Philly will have to bring it's C game and TB must bring it's A+ game for that to happen. I don't see Philly bringing anything but their A++ game! They and the city of Philly have been waiting for this game for MANY MANY MANY years!!! Not to mention...last game at the Vet.....

Philly 20-9 IMO

Sorry for your lost kbyoda.

You sure you arn't being somewhat of a homer on your home team who stunk against the Falcons and still won.

Tampa Bay crushs.

Tampa Bay +3 BIG !

Scott King of Dogs

kbyoda

Forum Member
Jan 31, 2001
Bethesda, MD
Scott,

Call it what you will...but Philly's winning. Actually...if you cant tell...I am a big Cowboys fan!! That's a whole nother story and a bottle of Patrone! Anyway, Birds soar..Bucs go home...Philly's year.

Scott....don't give away your $$ this weekend to your Book

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Here's how I see the two squads:

-both have great defenses (both run and pass) which force TO's, wash

-both have solid special teams, wash

-both have average OL's (TB probably less than average), average WR's, and average RB's, all washes

-Tampa has an decent QB, who plays like a statue.

-Philly has one of the best three QB's in the league (future HOFer?) who also happens to be an incredible athlete.

I think McNabb is 3 points better than Johnson (at least). And the Vet is worth 3. So Philly by 6 or so.

I'm curious Scott, what about the matchup makes you think Tampa "big" over Philly?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Kbyoda your on the right team. It's good others like the bucks. We dont want everyone on same team. I believe Philly is just that little bit better. Couple that with home team and better running QB and I stick with a Philly win of 7. Just enough to put the money in our pockets. ;)

B

Billy

I think the PLAY OF THE WEEK is on the under TB/PHILLY.....but if
Scotty would just TITFD on TB.......well, PHILLY will be my play all
the way to the bank........Oakland will cover Tits......Tits are a
couple players away from not being able to field a team.....under
in BOTH games..........GLTA

Philly vs Oak in SB

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Spalding

Forum Member
Oct 24, 2002
Nodak
Tampa Bay blew their load last week against a hurt, porous defense. This week they got a defense that is healthy and one of the best. Tampa doesn't get much on O as usual in big games and Philly does what they have to like last week and wins.

Biggest Matchup--Philly Corners vs. Tampa Bay Receivers
--Gotta love it in Philly

Just one man's opinion! :shrug:

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Billy, Billy, Billy. That was cold. Scotty is gonna TITFD on T-bay and be rewarded.

Trash talk. It's gonna be a great week!!! :) nole

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
The last time Scott showed his football acumen, he talked about the great passing offense of the Air Force. I'm not sure he even watches the games. I don't think that this game will be close as whoever gets ahead first will force the other teams offense to play outside of its capabilities and both these defenses are great at takeaways.

McNabb is not as mistake-prone as Johnson and that will be the reason that the Eagles SHOULD roll. I'm hoping that one of my outs will have -14.5 at odds for both teams because I think no matter who wins, it will be a rout.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
Which is the bigger mismatch??

TB WR's vs Phil DB's
or
TB o-line vs Phil D-Line and blitz.

This is where I think there is a CLEAR advantage to the Eagles. While TB's defense is awesome, Donovan offers more than Johnson when the pressure is on. In case you don't believe watch the tapes of the past 3 games these teams played. McNabb rushes for a few key 1st downs and TB still struggles to score. 23-6 Eagles.

BTW- I can't stand either team so this is one man's neutral opinion.

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
2 similar teams!

2 similar teams!

This game is a toss up neither team has a very good offense. McNabb wasn't moving all that well out of the pocket. The receivers for Philadelphia get no separation at all the one advantage Philly has is a better offensive line than Tampa. Staley is a little better than both of the running backs for Tampa. In the first game both quarterbacks threw for only 125 yards but Deuce Staley rushed for over 150 yards in the first game. The biggest thing was the Eagles were able to get 6 sacks in that first game. Tampa has the edge in the recievers department. I think that Atlanta might have exposed a little weakness in Philadelphia had trouble covering the tight end. I think the game is a toss up and will do what I did last week in the Pittsburg game and take the points. In the regular season I probably wouldn't even take the game. If the under stays at 34 I will probably take the under. Doesn't matter because Oakland will beat either one of these teams in the Super Bowl because neither team can muster enough points.
Glta and be careful as earlier in the season Philadelphia was scoring more points with their offense the injury to Pinkston has been huge and Mc Nabb not being as mobile will be a also be a factor.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
djv said:
Couple that with home team and better running QB and I stick with a Philly win of 7. Just enough to put the money in our pockets. ;)

Home team means squat in this game. They are both fighting to go to superbowl. What stadium you play in loses capping value.

better running QB. Against Tampa Bay defense they will shut him down. He better be a good throwing QB or Philly is screwed.

Scott King of Dogs

Davoso

Forum Member
Apr 11, 2002
Chicago
Breaking that "40 degree crap" as Tboy states consisted of beating Henry Burris and the mighty Bears in Champaign on a balmy 39 degree night when the Bears had already thrown in the towel for the season.

Eagles win this one and the 30 degree crap remains.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Scott come on. Philly home stadium is worth 3 maybe 4 points this time of year. TB's wide outs. I wish them luck getting open. Run game what there is of it for TB is a year away with another draft choice. TB is good I respect them but there just not good enough. Plus there are some strong trends pointing to Philly. These teams fight like hell during the season for home field for a reason. I will not TITFD. But I will go 2 units. I dont do that very often. And If wrong I of course will say I was wrong. But I wont come with any BS about locks or inside info. GL TO ALL. Im out.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
djv said:
Scott come on. Philly home stadium is worth 3 maybe 4 points this time of year. TB's wide outs. I wish them luck getting open. Run game what there is of it for TB is a year away with another draft choice. TB is good I respect them but there just not good enough. Plus there are some strong trends pointing to Philly. These teams fight like hell during the season for home field for a reason.

djv

Home field means nothing in this game.

You dont know who the public is on at this point and you are already laying your 2 units.

Sounds like a TITFD play for you the way that you wager......:Yep:

WHO IS THE PUBLIC ON ? WE MUST ANSWER THIS CORRECTLY TO CAP THIS GAME .

Scott King of Dogs

vanvegas

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2002
Northern California
Philly -3

The 2 "best" NFC teams are in a dogfight this week.
Home field certainly helps in a game of this magnitude, and the VET should be screaming for 60 minutes.
The key to this game won't come down to McNabb and Johnson throwing, but who can better establish the run. That said, look to Philly to have more success running the ball in this one. With the TRIO, including Staley - Levens - & who else? - McNabb, Philly will likely be facing "3rd and short" a lot more often than TB and stealing those yards will be key to ball control and more chances to score. Staley had a very good game against TB earlier this year, and there should be no diff in this game. Look for McNabb to go underneath with quick pass plays or get out of the pocket for those 3-7 yard gains, and an occasional deep throw to the sidelines for one on one matchups to test the good TB - Dbs, without throwing into double coverage.

Also look for big plays from the veteran special teamer - Brian Mitchell to keep Philly with better field position in this game.

The 2 big D's will have their big stops for both teams which will keep the game close, but Philly will prevail in this great matchup.

Philly - 3 (big play)

Would love to see OAK get under 7 pts, too many weapons for Tenn to control, and in a stadium that's out of control. Destined to go to the big show after last year's "tuck rule" debacle!!!

PHI / OAK in the big show. Count on it!!