dish problems

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
mrshoes

mrshoes

The program will work, but with the messege "AUx card not detected", you need to make sure your aux card is inserted properly. I some times have to power everything down, including the programmer.

Also will get that messge is your com ports aren;t configured right. Or maybe a connector to a com port is loose.

Its a hardware problem unitl you get rid of the Aux card messege. Once thats working, the new disk will work.

Oh, one more thing....Your aux card can loose its program. Lightning once struck very close to my house and totally erased my card. You might try to read whats on your card with basich to make sure the bin is there.

Hopefully you track it down.

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
if you guys are interested in some message boards about this DSS stuff......email me...I got like 4 or 5 different links....they are all helpful.

***email edited out by Jack***

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Nov 1, 2001
you can post links to the dss sites here because it's a non-competing site.

i don't allow competing sites to be posted because i worked my ass off for 4 years to get this one built and they won't advertise here to get free traffic.

if you post your email, you'll be on every tout's mailing list and then the complaints come to me.

thanks

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
I have a H card that I use just for the NFL ticket, (subscribed) I want to get all the channels, where do I go from here.

I pay 17.99 a month just to keep the dish powered up plus $ 160.00 +- yearly for the ticket.

Thanks for your help.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Juice

Forum Member
Sep 16, 1999
Canada
sorry shoes, my knowledge of emulation stops at Kalyna (I am also new at this). I'm afraid I cannot offer much more assistance, but hopefully some other members in here will be able to help.

GL

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
I'm Up!!!!!!!!

Thanks all you guys for your help!

I reset all the connections,unplugged and plugged system and used the Kalyna file.

Dont know how long it will last but its working now.

Thanks again,

mrshoes

Juice

Forum Member
Sep 16, 1999
Canada
I'm glad to hear you've got tv again shoes but don't get too excited , DAVE is at it again. Hashing started this afternoon with same symptoms (video freezing).
My emu started acting up a little while ago so I downloaded a different file, and it seems to be holding up pretty well (over 1 hr now).
Hope you won't need it, but if you do let me know, I'll post a link where to get it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
juice

I see what you mean. Mine started acting up right after I posted.Mine wasnt working for so long that I was just happy to see it working again. If you can please put up the other site and ill give it a try too

Thanks,
mrshoes

Juice

Forum Member
Sep 16, 1999
Canada
the file you need to download is "Energizer's EMU UP V2.2", and you can find it at http://www.dssfilexchange.com/. When you get there click on "new files" (top of page), scroll down a little and you will find "Energizer's EMU UP V2.2". Download it and do exactly what you did with kalyna.
By tomorrow there will probably be a new kalyna file which will be working, so its up to you if you want to keep the "Energizer's EMU UP V2.2" file or if you want to download the new kalyna (I have not had any problems with "Energizer's EMU UP V2.2" so I have no reason to change).
Hope it works

GL

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
:mad:

Looks Like Dave started te new year by working overtime.....

Hey Dave :kiss: :moon: :thefinger

Sure am glad I can fix this, if you have to send this back to someone everytime, it won't be worth it....

hmmm maybe thats what Dave's trying to do!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Theres a new kalyna 4.7. I've not used these in the past. When I clicked on the file it requires a password. Any ideas??

Red Raider

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Juice,

I always get IVAC when I use those, I think because I have a BS card. Byt I was just wnting to play around with it.

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
looks like i ran out of luck. tried the new kalyna file and the emu up v2.2. my pc reads them but"insert valid card " comes up. tried uplugging and plugging the receiver and it worked for about 2 minutes and then shut off and up comes the "insert valid access card" again. hasnt worked since..

Juice

Forum Member
Sep 16, 1999
Canada
ok shoes, we're not beaten yet.
Go to this site http://www.kalyna.net/. Once you enter the site scroll down about a third of the way. You will see a file called "EmuIVACFix?". Download the file and follow the instructions.
By the way, you'll have to download and extract "?Kalyna's EMU Boot Disk 4.7" first, and then extract "EmuIVACFix?" onto that same Kalyna disk (that's how I understood the instructions). Pop in the new disk (with "?Kalyna's EMU Boot Disk 4.7" and "EmuIVACFix?" ), reset your pc and receiver and hopefully you'll have tv again.

GL

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Juice

Forum Member
Sep 16, 1999
Canada
well it looks like Dave is at it again.:mad:

Hopefully there will be a fix by kickoff tomorrow