DONALD TRUMP

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
One more....
Hopefully yyz and others won't respond knowing no one views as with most of their posts.

Who knew one case could go so wrong? After suing a forum poster who chose to …​

NATE ANDERSON - 8/15/2011, 9:58 PM

The wheels appear to be coming off the Righthaven trainwreck-in-progress. The litigation outfit, which generally sues small-time bloggers, forum operators, and the occasional Ars Technica writer, has just been slapped with a $34,000 bill for legal fees.

Righthaven v. Hoehn, filed in Nevada federal court, has been an utterly shambolic piece of litigation. Righthaven sued one Wayne Hoehn, a longtime forum poster on the site Madjack Sports. Buried in Home>>Forums>>Other Stuff>>Politics and Religion, Hoehn made a post under the username "Dogs That Bark" in which he pasted in two op-ed pieces. One came from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, which helped set up the Righthaven operation. Righthaven sued.

This was the salvation of the news business? Targeting forum posters in political subforums of sports handicapping sites? But at least it looked like Righthaven had a point; copying had certainly occurred. Had infringement?

Last edited:

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
One more....
Hopefully yyz and others won't respond knowing no one views as with most of their posts.

Who knew one case could go so wrong? After suing a forum poster who chose to …​

NATE ANDERSON - 8/15/2011, 9:58 PM

Reactions: oldmansrt

oldmansrt

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2007
crossville tn
Mr Smitty You have been here a while but if you'll note join date I have same date as Jack. Now per you and yyz reference of coward / no courage
towards me. indulge me to share a few facts with you.
My intent in warning Gary was to remind him and others of posting consequences. I'll share with you what can and did happen on this website.
I was sued by copywrite troll and took it all the way to 9th Circuit Court of Appeal. Next step if needed would have be Supreme Court

Per the following...
"According to media accounts, Righthaven has sued about 275 alleged infringers, many of whom settled, generally for a few thousand dollars each.

In one of the suits ruled on yesterday, Righthaven claimed that Thomas A. Dibiase, a former federal prosecutor, had infringed a copyrighted Review-Journal article in a post on his blog at nobodycases.com, where he discusses how to prosecute murder cases in which no corpse was ever recovered. In the other case, Righthaven sued Wayne Hoehn, a sports betting enthusiast, for pasting an opinion piece about public pensions into a comment on madjacksports.com, a site to which he frequently posted."

Actually I believe they all settled except for 2 of us.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Righthaven LLC was a copyright enforcement company founded in early 2010. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, it entered agreements from its partner newspapers after finding that their content had been copied to online sites without permission, in order to engage in litigation against the site owners for copyright infringement. The lawsuits were much criticized by commentators, who describe the activity as copyright trolling[1][2] and the company as a "lawsuit factory".[3] Righthaven LLC's CEO, Steven Gibson, who is currently a partner at Las Vegas law firm Gibson & True LLP, regularly spoke to the media about Righthaven.[4][5]

On August 15, 2011, after losing a case handled by Marc Randazza Righthaven was ordered to pay $34,045.50 in attorney's fees and court costs in its unsuccessful lawsuit against Wayne Hoehn.[20] Righthaven had sued Hoehn for copying a Review-Journal editorial to a blog. Federal judge Philip Pro found that Righthaven had no standing to sue, and in any case Hoehn's posting was protected by fair use.[21] The matter was then brought to an appeal at the 9th Circuit court of appeals in California, which upheld the dismissal and the attorneys fees judgment.[22]

On October 29, 2011, Wayne Hoehn asked Pro to seize Righthaven's assets, including its bank accounts and property, to provide for the payment of Hoehn's legal fees from the August 2011 ruling. The company had previously delayed the payment to avoid bankruptcy.[20][25][26]

On November 1, 2011, Pro authorized the US Marshals Service to use reasonable force to seize $63,000 in cash and assets from Righthaven in order to pay Hoehn's legal fees.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
U.S. Marshals ordered to seize Net troll's assets in win for veteran

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I spent less than 2 years in service,(Viet Nam..Cambodia..Laos and had more awards for valor than any individual of Seal Team 6 on Bin Laden mission.

So maybe you could have a word with YYZ who has been on gov tit his whole life on checking his allegations on every one else.:smilies8
Thank you for your service sir

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
I should probably be honored that you would want to protect me and my posting of verifiable facts while having no interest in protecting Happy Jack and the rest that refer to the sitting president as a pedophile.

For the record, Wayne's fight with the extortion trolls was an incredible win for all of us. Those people were scum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Mr Smitty You have been here a while but if you'll note join date I have same date as Jack. Now per you and yyz reference of coward / no courage
towards me. indulge me to share a few facts with you.
My intent in warning Gary was to remind him and others of posting consequences. I'll share with you what can and did happen on this website.
I was sued by copywrite troll and took it all the way to 9th Circuit Court of Appeal. Next step if needed would have be Supreme Court

Per the following...
"According to media accounts, Righthaven has sued about 275 alleged infringers, many of whom settled, generally for a few thousand dollars each.

In one of the suits ruled on yesterday, Righthaven claimed that Thomas A. Dibiase, a former federal prosecutor, had infringed a copyrighted Review-Journal article in a post on his blog at nobodycases.com, where he discusses how to prosecute murder cases in which no corpse was ever recovered. In the other case, Righthaven sued Wayne Hoehn, a sports betting enthusiast, for pasting an opinion piece about public pensions into a comment on madjacksports.com, a site to which he frequently posted."

Actually I believe they all settled except for 2 of us.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Righthaven LLC was a copyright enforcement company founded in early 2010. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, it entered agreements from its partner newspapers after finding that their content had been copied to online sites without permission, in order to engage in litigation against the site owners for copyright infringement. The lawsuits were much criticized by commentators, who describe the activity as copyright trolling[1][2] and the company as a "lawsuit factory".[3] Righthaven LLC's CEO, Steven Gibson, who is currently a partner at Las Vegas law firm Gibson & True LLP, regularly spoke to the media about Righthaven.[4][5]

On August 15, 2011, after losing a case handled by Marc Randazza Righthaven was ordered to pay $34,045.50 in attorney's fees and court costs in its unsuccessful lawsuit against Wayne Hoehn.[20] Righthaven had sued Hoehn for copying a Review-Journal editorial to a blog. Federal judge Philip Pro found that Righthaven had no standing to sue, and in any case Hoehn's posting was protected by fair use.[21] The matter was then brought to an appeal at the 9th Circuit court of appeals in California, which upheld the dismissal and the attorneys fees judgment.[22]

On October 29, 2011, Wayne Hoehn asked Pro to seize Righthaven's assets, including its bank accounts and property, to provide for the payment of Hoehn's legal fees from the August 2011 ruling. The company had previously delayed the payment to avoid bankruptcy.[20][25][26]

On November 1, 2011, Pro authorized the US Marshals Service to use reasonable force to seize $63,000 in cash and assets from Righthaven in order to pay Hoehn's legal fees.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
U.S. Marshals ordered to seize Net troll's assets in win for veteran

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I spent less than 2 years in service,(Viet Nam..Cambodia..Laos and had more awards for valor than any individual of Seal Team 6 on Bin Laden mission.

So maybe you could have a word with YYZ who has been on gov tit his whole life on checking his allegations on every one else.:smilies8
wow. just wow. you served in the US military and you're going to vote for a man who called those who died for this country "suckers and losers." a man who dodged the draft for the same war you served in. a man who didn't want to be photographed with wounded veterans because they would make him "look bad."

are you a billionaire? if not, donald trump is not going to do one thing to improve your life. please explain exactly what you hate about joe biden. how are you worse off now than you were 4 years ago? it must be bad. and, please, facts only.

Reactions: kickserv

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
wow. just wow. you served in the US military and you're going to vote for a man who called those who died for this country "suckers and losers." a man who dodged the draft for the same war you served in. a man who didn't want to be photographed with wounded veterans because they would make him "look bad."

are you a billionaire? if not, donald trump is not going to do one thing to improve your life. please explain exactly what you hate about joe biden. how are you worse off now than you were 4 years ago? it must be bad. and, please, facts only.

He's an enigma. Guy loves to crack on me for having a government career for thirty years, while he never misses a chance to remind everyone he's Government Issue. I gave up trying to figure that one out.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
He's an enigma. Guy loves to crack on me for having a government career for thirty years, while he never misses a chance to remind everyone he's Government Issue. I gave up trying to figure that one out.
he wore camo to work and you did not?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

i'm guessing you're both getting a pension from the us gov.

i understand why the majority of the military leans to the right. i do NOT understand why a single one of them tolerates trump. he's a traitor to this country. besides what i already mentioned, he ridiculed john mccain and insulted gold star families.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

i KNEW i shouldn't have asked for "facts only."

HappyJack

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 3, 2022
yyz said:

yy is trying to compare a guy who served to protect his country to him sorting mail.

funny-as-hell.gif

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
yyz said:

yy is trying to compare a guy who served to protect his country to him sorting mail.

funny-as-hell.gif

I was never a mailman, jackass. That's just something you idiots ran with, and I enjoyed watching how smart you all thought you were.

• Haha

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
he wore camo to work and you did not?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

i'm guessing you're both getting a pension from the us gov.

i understand why the majority of the military leans to the right. i do NOT understand why a single one of them tolerates trump. he's a traitor to this country. besides what i already mentioned, he ridiculed john mccain and insulted gold star families.
John McCain was a RINO turncoat, backstabbing POS

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
yyz said:

funny-as-hell.gif
He probably sorted the mail or was one of those people in some US Mail office that had no personality that sold stamps and sent things certified.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
He probably sorted the mail or was one of those people in some US Mail office that had no personality that sold stamps and sent things certified.
Trump loves your 87 IQ

Oh, and you know who gets a lot of the post office jobs? Vets! Why? Because they get bonus points for being a vet. Doesn't matter if you were Audie Murphy or Gomer Pyle. That tit gets crowded!

Last edited:

HappyJack

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 3, 2022
With your level of education most likely a honey dipper, thats why you're so miserable…….all that dipping.:smilies3

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
John McCain was a RINO turncoat, backstabbing POS
as always, i just want to make sure we're clear on what you're saying. please correct me if i'm wrong.

you're impugning the character of an actual war hero. a man who could have been released from the hanoi hilton because of who he was, but instead he refused and endured additional YEARS of torture. his reason for staying? he wasn't going to leave unless every man who'd been captured before him was released.

that is the man you're calling a "turncoat, backstabbing POS."

here's a quote:

“A lot of prisoners had it worse than I did. I’d been mistreated before, but not as badly as others. I always liked to strut a little after I’d been roughed up to show the other guys I was tough enough to take it. But after I turned down their offer (of release), they worked me over harder than they ever had before. For a long time. And they broke me.

When they brought me back to my cell, I was hurt and ashamed, and I didn’t know how I could face my fellow prisoners. The good man in the cell next door, my friend Bob Craner, saved me. Through taps on a wall he told me I had fought as hard as I could. No man can always stand alone. And then he told me to get back up and fight again for our country and for the men I had the honor to serve with. Because every day they fought for me.

I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else’s. I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency; for its faith in the wisdom, justice and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again. I wasn’t my own man anymore. I was my country’s.”

so please explain exactly what, in your mind, makes him a "turncoat, backstabbing POS." besides the fact that he had the GALL to do the right thing for the american people and voted to protect the ACA. how many americans (including oh so many republicans) today are indebted to john mccain because they actually have health insurance?
in your mind, and, again, correct me if i'm wrong, a RINO is any republican who disagrees with donald trump, right? in your mind, anyone who doesn't fall 100% in line with your dear leader has to be a RINO. there's no other explanation.
in your mind, the entitled POS who dodged the draft due to "bone spurs" is someone to respect.

you have somehow twisted enough shit in your mind that you think donald trump, who has never done a single thing in his life that didn't benefit himself, loves this country more than john mccain did. a man who dedicated his entire life to serving the united states of america. and you have the balls to call him a "turncoat, backstabbing POS." i don't remember john mccain ever switching his party allegiance because he realized the voters for the other party were WAY more easily manipulated.

ok, one last question. and, don't worry, i don't expect an honest answer.

if donald trump HADN'T dodged the draft and he was a POW and he was offered an immediate release, how do you think he would have responded?

and, on the off chance wayne is still reading this thread, i would love to also get his take on john mccain. ideally right after he answers my other question.

Bet on MyBookie