Drew Brees

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Wow
Bad decision making, throwing into major traffic
Barely gets plays off in time
Looks flustered, season is on the line and I don't think his play is nearly good enough to make up for lack of running game and defensive deficiencies

JustFootball

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2004
baltimore
Agreed but what about the play-calling? Screens would absolutely eat this Atl D alive. Everything is either a 2-yd run on first down or five step drops looking for a pass of 30+ yards. The Saints have no short to intermediate passing attack except for that last drive. The Saints, given their current running game, have to use the passing game as their running game. I saw this same movie last week against the 49ers and Drew will be in for a black and blue 2nd half unless they start checking down by design.
:SIB

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Not really fair to put it all on Brees
This team lacks a leader as in their coach
But Brees has killed them in the past couple weeks, bad picks, how do you not get anything out of that final drive? Stupid penalty, more bad play calling, poor clock management.
I'm frustrated with myself for backing another team (SD) last week that is out coached, seems like makes all bad decisions in the game commits the turnovers etc..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
3 points out of those last 2 possessions
Brutal!
Last 3 plays sum up saints season in a nut shell
1st and goal dropped TD pass
2nd and goal back falls down on a caught pass for a easy TD
3rd and goal from 8 yd line and throw 3 yard pass

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Single hand idly cost his team any chance of post season play with 2 of the worst weeks of quarterbacking ever
This guy had a pretty damn good run but he has peaked for sure

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jr7

Forum Member
Oct 1, 2007
he is surrounded with nothing as far as a coaching staff....has no defense to help em out....running game is non exsistent

he is still best in the game IMO......2 bad games out of the past 50, I would not say he has peaked by any means...

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Their defense played well enough to win tonight
Running game was actually effective in 2nd half
Agree with you on coaching, but decision making from the quarterback position is what hurt them when it counted most.
I'm probably over reacting somewhat, but if you think this guy is the best in the game I be hard pressed to find to many people who'd take Brees over Brady, Peyton, Rogers, Big Ben and personally I even would prefer Eli in a big game.
My personal feeling is he has reached the acme of his career, doesn't mean they won't win some games or that he won't put up some big numbers, just that he is in the beginning phase of decline. He's no spring chicken.

A

azbob

He's kind of like Andre Ware at Houston...he won the Heisman and looked great because of the system he was in. I think alot of QB's could have excelled in the NO offense of the past few years.

Situation is much lke Texas Tech where you plug a QB in every year and he breaks records.

Brees is good but, he is definitely second tier.

At least, after tonight, we can stop hearing about the Saint's sob story and their potential comeback.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
he is surrounded with nothing as far as a coaching staff....has no defense to help em out....running game is non exsistent

he is still best in the game IMO......2 bad games out of the past 50, I would not say he has peaked by any means...

i'll say that i like brees (but do think he's a bit of a noodle arm

that said

there is no way in hell he is the best qb in the game as long as brady, rodgers and manning (both of them) are still in the league.....he's 5th/6th with big ben (depending if you want big strong armed play makers or quick release system guy)

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Brees stunk up the joint. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. Looks like he was on the take in this one. No one could be that bad.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Brees' worst performance ever. Sure, it was 3 days rest after a physical SF game, but still painful to watch a loss to the lowly falcons

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
They had holes opened up in the middle of the line that I could run thru. Then after three or 4 10 plus yard gains he throws a soft pick. Terrible! At least we don't have to hear about that stupid record of his anymore.

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
Brees' worst performance ever. Sure, it was 3 days rest after a physical SF game, but still painful to watch a loss to the lowly falcons

Pretty sure the lowly falcons had 3 days to prepare after traveling to TB Sunday for what I can only assume was a physical game as well. But you already knew that :moon:

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Pretty sure the lowly falcons had 3 days to prepare after traveling to TB Sunday for what I can only assume was a physical game as well. But you already knew that :moon:

49ers are the most physical team in the league imo, so i expected a hangover. still, i didn't expect brees to play his worst game in a saints uniform.

the lowly remark was intended specifically for your enjoyment, so glad you caught it. :toast:

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City
i'll say that i like brees (but do think he's a bit of a noodle arm

that said

there is no way in hell he is the best qb in the game as long as brady, rodgers and manning (both of them) are still in the league.....he's 5th/6th with big ben (depending if you want big strong armed play makers or quick release system guy)

This.

jr7

Forum Member
Oct 1, 2007
Couldn't rodgers be credited as a "sysetm" guy

Matt flynn, who lost a qb job to a rookie, played one game in greenbay and had better numbers then rodgers has in a career. Think it is safe to say that the greenbay "system" is very favorable to rodgers.

Think rodgers is top 3 in game, not arguing that. Just simply stating that the "system" qb argument could be made for many....

Best in game, I prolly gave him to high of praise, but 2nd tier like stated above, well I think he is closer to the best in the game then he is to being a 2nd tier guy.

2 years ago was a superbowl mvp and champ

Last year he broke every record out there

2nd tier not a chance.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg