Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i'll say that i like brees (but do think he's a bit of a noodle arm

that said

there is no way in hell he is the best qb in the game as long as brady, rodgers and manning (both of them) are still in the league.....he's 5th/6th with big ben (depending if you want big strong armed play makers or quick release system guy)

I consider flacco/schaub/rom o/ 2nd tier

brees much better

I agree with these posts. But, I betcha Flacco gets a 1st tier contract worth 100-120 million over 6-7 years giving him 1st tier money. :0008

poolplayer8888

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 15, 2006
Not really fair to put it all on Brees
This team lacks a leader as in their coach
But Brees has killed them in the past couple weeks, bad picks, how do you not get anything out of that final drive? Stupid penalty, more bad play calling, poor clock management.
I'm frustrated with myself for backing another team (SD) last week that is out coached, seems like makes all bad decisions in the game commits the turnovers etc..

I blame Brees 100% on the end of first half debacle...Inexcusable for that to happen and not get any points.

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Agree pool player
You've got to get at least 3 and that is on Brees
But the illegal pick on the TD called back wasn't on Brees
Don't get me wrong he was horrendous and cost them the game
For NO to have 5/6 tos and still be in the game on the road tells you a little about ATL though

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
Couldn't rodgers be credited as a "sysetm" guy

Matt flynn, who lost a qb job to a rookie, played one game in greenbay and had better numbers then rodgers has in a career. Think it is safe to say that the greenbay "system" is very favorable to rodgers.

Think rodgers is top 3 in game, not arguing that. Just simply stating that the "system" qb argument could be made for many....

Best in game, I prolly gave him to high of praise, but 2nd tier like stated above, well I think he is closer to the best in the game then he is to being a 2nd tier guy.

2 years ago was a superbowl mvp and champ

Last year he broke every record out there

2nd tier not a chance.

they way i goup them, he's absolutely 2nd tier.....and still the 6th best qb in the game

3rd tier would be the usual suspects:
schuab, ryan, flacco, cutler, stafford, douchebag rivers, homo

4th tier is a group of guys who either dont have enough history/but have upside to be in either category above or possibly drop:
dalton, rg3, luck, newton, freeman, tenneyhill, etc, etc

5th tier is the garbage:
sanchito, fitzpatrick, any cardinal-jag-clown-chief qb, etc, etc

jr7

Forum Member
Oct 1, 2007
they way i goup them, he's absolutely 2nd tier.....and still the 6th best qb in the game

3rd tier would be the usual suspects:
schuab, ryan, flacco, cutler, stafford, douchebag rivers, homo

4th tier is a group of guys who either dont have enough history/but have upside to be in either category above or possibly drop:
dalton, rg3, luck, newton, freeman, tenneyhill, etc, etc

5th tier is the garbage:
sanchito, fitzpatrick, any cardinal-jag-clown-chief qb, etc, etc

glad you weren't my H.S teacher :scared

you grade tough

cant believe a guy who just broke nearly every record in the league, and 2 years ago was a superbowl MVP would be on anyones 2nd tier...that's why this place is great, everyone can have their opinion, and I respect ya for it :toast:

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
glad you weren't my H.S teacher :scared

you grade tough

cant believe a guy who just broke nearly every record in the league, and 2 years ago was a superbowl MVP would be on anyones 2nd tier...that's why this place is great, everyone can have their opinion, and I respect ya for it :toast:

2nd tier but still a- or b+

just dont think he's in the same class as brady-rodgers-manning-manning and mvp, sb mvp and sb wind back it up....i'd probably put him behind big ben, which makes brees 6th in my rankings.....still damn good.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg