Euro 2020(1)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Love this tourney. Was lucky enough to go when it was in Austria and again in France. When it comes to actually making money on soccer and not throwing it away, I tend to just follow Bason and The Kid. But, I like to take some long shots at the beginning of tourneys like this.

I took Italy 3* +1050, 5* France +460, 1* Swiss +8250 a week ago. Trying to really get into potential matchups down the line to see if there?s some long shots that could make a run. And, to me, it looks like the Dutch have a dream draw. 3 group games in Amsterdam and if they top the group, they get a 3rd place team. Could end up with a tough game vs 3rd Place in Group F, but that?s maybe a 20% chance or so. Then, if they win that, they get the winner of 2 2nd place teams - Maybe Denmark, Swiss, Turkey in the Qtrs. Semi would be in London which could be tough vs England, but don?t expect them to make it. But, I really don?t like this Dutch team. So, I?m going for another team in their path that could hijack their route. So here?s my lottery ticket shots:

Swiss - already taken
Ukraine 1* to win +8500
Turkey 1* to win +6500
And, wait for it....Hungry 1* +50000. Yes, this is a massive long shot and they lost one of their best players. Still its not like they suck. They are up and coming - just in a ridiculous group. But, I?m not sure anyone should be 500 to 1. Leicester City anyone? They?d need to squeeze out a 3rd place position in the group of death, but do get 2 home games in Budapest - which happens to be the only stadium in the tourney that is going to be 100% full. With travel restrictions, I?d think it will be a true, raucous home game in a tough place to play. Big advantage. Not out of the question they get an upset somewhere. Then, round of 16, should they end up playing Holland, wanna guess the stadium? Yep, back home in Budapest. Then vs a 2nd place team in even further east Baku. Of course there?s little chance they can beat anyone they?d face in the semis or finals, but at that point, its all about hedging the crap out of Hungry at 500 to 1.

As far as Player of the Tourney, 2 stuck out to me:
Pogba 2* +3000
Ronaldo 2* +1900
Can?t really see why these are so much higher than others on here. It?s going to someone playing in the Finals - so France and Portugal are pretty good places to look. France Pogba >>>> ManU Pogba. If France rolls and MBappe wins the Golden Boot, I could see them rewarding their mid-field leader with the award. Ronaldo is Ronaldo. Writing him off is like writing off Micheal Jordon. If Portugal wins again, man, they?ve got amazing talent all over the field, but if he? banging in goals and leading the team, hard to see him not getting the votes - especially since it could be his last Euros and the way he missed out on the Finals last time.

Crookity

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2014
Toronto
Love this tourney. Was lucky enough to go when it was in Austria and again in France. When it comes to actually making money on soccer and not throwing it away, I tend to just follow Bason and The Kid. But, I like to take some long shots at the beginning of tourneys like this.

I took Italy 3* +1050, 5* France +460, 1* Swiss +8250 a week ago. Trying to really get into potential matchups down the line to see if there?s some long shots that could make a run. And, to me, it looks like the Dutch have a dream draw. 3 group games in Amsterdam and if they top the group, they get a 3rd place team. Could end up with a tough game vs 3rd Place in Group F, but that?s maybe a 20% chance or so. Then, if they win that, they get the winner of 2 2nd place teams - Maybe Denmark, Swiss, Turkey in the Qtrs. Semi would be in London which could be tough vs England, but don?t expect them to make it. But, I really don?t like this Dutch team. So, I?m going for another team in their path that could hijack their route. So here?s my lottery ticket shots:

Swiss - already taken
Ukraine 1* to win +8500
Turkey 1* to win +6500
And, wait for it....Hungry 1* +50000. Yes, this is a massive long shot and they lost one of their best players. Still its not like they suck. They are up and coming - just in a ridiculous group. But, I?m not sure anyone should be 500 to 1. Leicester City anyone? They?d need to squeeze out a 3rd place position in the group of death, but do get 2 home games in Budapest - which happens to be the only stadium in the tourney that is going to be 100% full. With travel restrictions, I?d think it will be a true, raucous home game in a tough place to play. Big advantage. Not out of the question they get an upset somewhere. Then, round of 16, should they end up playing Holland, wanna guess the stadium? Yep, back home in Budapest. Then vs a 2nd place team in even further east Baku. Of course there?s little chance they can beat anyone they?d face in the semis or finals, but at that point, its all about hedging the crap out of Hungry at 500 to 1.

As far as Player of the Tourney, 2 stuck out to me:
Pogba 2* +3000
Ronaldo 2* +1900
Can?t really see why these are so much higher than others on here. It?s going to someone playing in the Finals - so France and Portugal are pretty good places to look. France Pogba >>>> ManU Pogba. If France rolls and MBappe wins the Golden Boot, I could see them rewarding their mid-field leader with the award. Ronaldo is Ronaldo. Writing him off is like writing off Micheal Jordon. If Portugal wins again, man, they?ve got amazing talent all over the field, but if he? banging in goals and leading the team, hard to see him not getting the votes - especially since it could be his last Euros and the way he missed out on the Finals last

If Hungary , Ukraine or Swiss for that matter win the Euro you are getting cemented into the Madjacks Mount Rushmore a golden ticket to the Hall of Fame lol ! Than again Greece was I believe 80-1 when they took the crown in 2004, playing basically 0-0 or 1-0 every game and winning penalty shootouts so anything can happen , really! Good luck on the tournament.:0074

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Memphis Depay 1* +1700
Immobile 1* +1800.

Terrible odds in the top goal scorer. Only betting for some action really. Lukaku, MBappe or Kane will probably win but odds are terrible. Was hoping for really long odds on Immobile since he doesn?t usually perform for Italy like he does for club. But, love this Italy team and if they win it, 18-1 isn?t bad for what should be their top scorer. And Depay should be much higher than 17-1, but he?s banging in seemingly all of Holland?s goals recently and I think they have the draw of the tourney.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
One last pre-tournament future: Erickson Player of the tourney 1* +6500

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Portugal +1126 2*
Draw +400 1*

Ok, Germany?s playing great, but those live odds are a tad crazy. More goals are coming and it?s a 1 goal game. These probably won?t win, but value-wise, I?ll bite.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I do not make a lot of live bets, but it was obvious from the start that Germany was going to score some goals so I just kept on hitting it.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
I do not make a lot of live bets, but it was obvious from the start that Germany was going to score some goals so I just kept on hitting it.

In Portugal?s defense, they have out scored Germany 4-2. Just woulda been nice if they coulda directed all that goal scoring at the German net.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Hindsight?s 20/20, but I think I underestimated having to play 2 straight away games in 2 different countries versus teams with thier back to the wall in the course of 4 days. France and Portugal had their hands full. Poland didn?t have an away game vs Slovakia, but they do have to trek across Europe to play a Spain team sitting at home stewing over that draw. They should lay into Poland.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
As I watch the money flow out of my account the past 2 days, my hatred of the English and Spanish national team are only strengthened. France, I give a pass to. That?s a tough travel schedule. But, if you?re sitting around in London or Sevilla as the opponents come to you and that?s your best?

Crookity

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2014
Toronto
As I watch the money flow out of my account the past 2 days, my hatred of the English and Spanish national team are only strengthened. France, I give a pass to. That?s a tough travel schedule. But, if you?re sitting around in London or Sevilla as the opponents come to you and that?s your best?

Absolutely pathetic, the Spanish were always a let down team like the English but atleast they had their golden run and won the euros and world cup. This resembles the Spanish squads of old. England has already been spoken for, they are typical paper tigers. The beauty is that right now it's anyones tournament. I know I been pumping their tires but I like my Azzuri 10-1 play. The only thing is they haven't been tested yet, I want to see how they play against a powerhouse . I see you took Italy as well at the same number so I'm in good company over here lol

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Round of 16. The Turkey and Hungary lottery tickets are lost, but feeling pretty good about some of the others still breathing - I think.

I think the some of big boys are going to kick it up a gear in the R16 and have some really favorable matchups

Italy -1 seems almost risk free. So its probably a loser. But put it in anyway - Italy -1 -114.

And Italy/Holland/Spain ML pay 3-1, so took that.

And a 3x5 Round Robin: Italy -1.5 +148/Sweden +134/Holland -1 +119/Spain -1 +102/Belgium +148. And a little on it as a parlay.

I still think Hollands defense and questionable coaching is going to get exposed, but it?s not going to be by the Czechs. More one way traffic as they keep getting the right teams to play. I liked Portugal in this tourney until I watched them. WTF happened to that defense? It?s not lack of talent. Belgium rested and with KDB back at +148 yeah, I?ll some of that. Unless CR7 bangs in a hat-trick. I?d love another early Portugal goal. I?m almost rooting for an early Portugal goal to pound Belgium live at some awesome odds. I like Sweden - same effective defense and organization but that kid up fronts a difference maker. They can actually score now. I feel pretty good about getting 3 winners/pushs at a minimum with nice upside.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Was really hoping to bet big against this Dutch team. Just thought theyd match up much better against the Czechs.

JSom

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 2, 2020
Springfield, Illinois
Something tells me that Italy and England will play in the final. I don't even know who will be the winner. These teams are very strong. Although today Denmark may well surprise and win contrary to forecasts.