Fantasy Playoffs

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Full court press

Genuine
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great Lakes
A little something to think about. If Minny goes with Webb at QB he is listed as a QB/WR in my league. I know he's not going to go off but if he just throws for 160 yds and a TD or two thats a lot of milage out of a WR spot.

I picked him up and will wait and see.....

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
A little something to think about. If Minny goes with Webb at QB he is listed as a QB/WR in my league. I know he's not going to go off but if he just throws for 160 yds and a TD or two thats a lot of milage out of a WR spot.

that is brilliant FCP...

I just added him and will probably start T.O and webb rather than stevie johnson who has struggled since his drop vs. the steelers....great thinking FCP

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation

Thanks for the heads up, just snagged Webb :0008

11th place is MINE!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I don't think I would start AP.. :scared

Webb is going to start and he can run so kudos to those who started him at WR..

Back to AP.. Forget the 9 man in the box the Vikes have nobody who can block. Check the status on Hutchinson but if the same OL comes out as last Monday then forget about it..

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Here's the latest from Zulgad, Vikings beat writer, on AP and the field concerns...

Peterson held out as precaution
Posted by Judd Zulgad
Last update: December 17, 2010 - 3:27 PM

Adrian Peterson missed a second consecutive day of practice Friday, but interim coach Leslie Frazier said the move is just "precautionary" and that it's expected the running back will play on Monday night against Chicago.

Peterson is listed with ankle and knee injuries but Frazier said the real issue is that Peterson is suffering from a thigh bruise after his collision with quarterback Tarvaris Jackson last Monday in the Vikings' loss against the New York Giants.

"It's pretty sore, so we just need another day of rest," Frazier said. "We know Adrian, so he'll be fine."

Quarterback Brett Favre, who is suffering from numbness in his throwing hand and is listed with chest, ankle and right shoulder issues, hasn't been ruled out for Monday, despite the fact it's appearing more and more like his season is over. Favre did not practice again today.

"Well, we?ll see how he does tomorrow," Frazier said. "We?ve got to see if he can do anything, and if he can?t, then yeah, more than likely [he will be ruled out for Monday]."

Also sitting out for the Vikings on Friday were guard Steve Hutchinson (thumb) and safeties Tyrell Johnson (knee) and Jamarca Sanford (concussion). Defensive end Ray Edwards (ankle) was limited. Edwards has missed the past two games. Cornerback Asher Allen (ankle) and quarterback Joe Webb (hamstring) continue to be listed on the injury report but have not missed any practice time this week.

Wide receiver Percy Harvin went through a second consecutive day of practice without incident.

Checking it out
The Vikings will get their first look at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday when they conduct their walk-through in the facility. One of the keys will be for players to get an idea of the type of traction they might have. The university offered up a very optimistic press release today on the state of the field.

"That?s very important," interim coach Leslie Frazier said of the footing. "That?s one of the reasons we want to be able to get on that surface so our guys can kind of have a feel for what?s required from a shoe standpoint and also just to get a little bit a lay of the land. Just to see what the atmosphere is like and get a feel for how the stadium is laid out. So that should be good for us.?
Etc.

Chicago cornerback Charles Tillman (foot) did not miss any practice time today after sitting out Thursday. Running back Chester Taylor (knee) and linebacker Pisa Tinoiamoa (knee) were limited Thursday but practiced in full on Friday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Gun to my head right now, I would go with Hightower and Foster. AP seems very banged up and holding him out of a Friday practice seems to back that up. Plus Monday Night, unknown field condition at "The Bank," really cold night, completely inexperienced QB, banged up OL... plenty to be concerned about.

However, taking a step back, I don't know that the Cardinals sport a lot of positives above the Vikes with the passing game or OL, and Carolina is running the ball a bit better now.

Tough call. I don't have AP in any league, never had, always watched the locals wearing his jersey overbid for him against each other at my drafts. But I have ultimate respect for him, and know that when he hits the field, he will give it EVERYTHING he has, which is a lot. If I did have him, I'd probably start him after drinking too much... :toast: :mj07:

Full court press

Genuine
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2009
Great Lakes
Well, the cats out of the bag now as yahoo did a big cover story on Webb on their fantasy page today.

I have him but still not sure I'm going to use him. We start two receivers and I am happy with D Jackson and TB M. Williams. We also have a WR/RB Flex position.

In our league there are negative points for picks and fumbles so using Webb is still risky. I have seen QB's that have finished in the red before so it will boil down to how I stand going into Monday night. I can leave my flex open until kickoff and insert him if I'm down. It is a huge plus that Minny plays on Monday night.

It's just good to have him on the roster to ensure that your opponent didn't pick him up and turn the tables on you.

GL to all, hope we all advance !:toast:

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
never had this much trouble pickin a starter....big money league so really wanna guess right or else i wouldnt ask for opinions.....

hightower and foster who i am goin with unless im a complete idiot for benchun ap....from what bp and chadman said i dont think he is good start tommorow....i dunno wtf too do

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clem D

Mad Pisser
Forum Member
May 26, 2004
Long Branch NJ
Well I hope you survive your matchup. I now have a question. I'm in the title game and the team I play has offered a split of the pot. Fiirst is $5k plus half of the tranny money which last I checled was at 3k for the whole tranny pot. Second is 1k plus half of tranny pot. It would be a guaranteeed 4500 or so as opposed 2500 if I play and lose. Thing is I have outscored the team I'm playing by 35 points the last 3 weeks. Anything can happen and I guess kharma says I should accept the deal.
going to sleep on it

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
Same situation for me Clem but on a much smaller scale. First place in our league is $750 and second place is $250.

Good friends with the guy I'm going up against and it would be a dogfight and he offered to split and I jumped at it. Loser buys a steak dinner. I'm very happy!

If I'm understanding the math here you have about $9,000 in entry fees and transaction fees. First place is paid $6,500 and 2nd place is $2,500. While the $4,000 spread is huge, I would definitely take the split but that's just me. If the money truly is not that big a deal to you then let it ride. The trophy is always nice but an extra $2,000 is a pretty sweet consolation prize.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clem D

Mad Pisser
Forum Member
May 26, 2004
Long Branch NJ
Same situation for me Clem but on a much smaller scale. First place in our league is $750 and second place is $250.

Good friends with the guy I'm going up against and it would be a dogfight and he offered to split and I jumped at it. Loser buys a steak dinner. I'm very happy!

If I'm understanding the math here you have about $9,000 in entry fees and transaction fees. First place is paid $6,500 and 2nd place is $2,500. While the $4,000 spread is huge, I would definitely take the split but that's just me. If the money truly is not that big a deal to you then let it ride. The trophy is always nice but an extra $2,000 is a pretty sweet consolation prize.
I was set to take the offer and guy decided to pull it back. hope kharma gets his ass