Farenheit 9/11

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i always thought

i always thought

that moore was just your typical,run of the mill extreme left wing hollywood hypocrite...... living like a king while bitching about the inequities of the world....

but,now i`m not so sure....

the hypocrite issue i`m feel pretty solid about...a hypocrite of the first order,as a matter of fact......a paradox...a millionaire who boasts of wealth as proving his value -- "I'm a millionaire, I'm a multi-millionaire. I'm filthy rich. You know why I'm a multi-millionaire? 'Cause multi-millionaires like what I do. That's pretty good, isn't it?"

he lives in a million-dollar apartment, and boasts of that as well. "i walk among them. i live on the island of manhattan, a three-mile-wide strip of land that is luxury home and corporate suite to America's elite..... those who run your life live in my neighborhood. i walk in the streets with them each day" ....

his major themes are his status as the spokesman of the working class, the vices and corruptions of the money-obsessed, and the evils of the united states.

you`d think he`d be embarrassed.......... the serious left, the thinking left, generally finds him appalling......... he`s limosine leftist -- individuals who, while personally they share the values of 19th century robber barons, find it flattering to adopt a thin veneer of leftism as a pose........

a left-leaning critic of moore summed up the situation very nicely.....:" Moore's appeal lies in his giving wealthy, over-educated, whites an opportunity to laugh at working-class whites.").....

now this?....if it`s true.....i don`t know if it`s true....but i really can`t fathom a wealthy hollywood type,as backwards as he is,worrying about appealing to hezbollah....to sell some books in the middle east.....

jane fonda,move over....

Last edited:

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
----The story then quotes Front Row Managing Director Gianluca Chacra: "We can't go against these organizations as they could strongly boycott the film in Lebanon and Syria."----

WTF Chuck?

auspice

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2001
Ohio
gardenweasle

It's been asked of you before so you've heard it before. Why don't you question what Moore says and debate or discuss what you feel is right or wrong with his movie rather than the typical right wing character assasination that you always do to him? It's petty. Grow a pair and quit being such a little prissy azz.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
auspice said:
gardenweasle

It's been asked of you before so you've heard it before. Why don't you question what Moore says and debate or discuss what you feel is right or wrong with his movie rather than the typical right wing character assasination that you always do to him? It's petty. Grow a pair and quit being such a little prissy azz.

Uh-oh.

You're right Auspice. Very rarely does anybody address the points that Moore is trying to make. Or disputes his so-called facts. It does get a little tiring in these 'Moore' debates when his haters throw out the 'fatass slob' comments or take issue with his wealth.

I have very mixed feelings about Moore. Probably half the time when I read what he says, I think, 'that's a damn good point', and the other half of the time I think he's a nutcase.

I think his film making is a bit manipulative, but I guess that's what a movie has to be, almost by definition.

Overall though, i'd prefer to hear comments debating or disputing his message, rather than commentary on his weight or his wealth.

Mjolnir

Forum Member
May 15, 2003
S. CAL.
if moore is so freakin brilliant why doesn't he debate knowledgeable people. he is a media terrorist. i would love to see a polarized filmmaker make a "documentary" on his noble FAT ass. he can't even make an original film title. he has to borrow from a writer. who he even refused to return his phone calls to discuss it until the media finally got a hold of it. what a great american.
:thefinger

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Mjolnir said:
i would love to see a polarized filmmaker make a "documentary" on his noble FAT ass.

Somebody did(or is in the process of-I forget which). Actually, the idea is pretty funny. There are also a couple books in the works about him authored by pissed of neocons. It was in USA Today yesterday, but I forget the names of the 'documentary' and the books.

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
Re: Re: Farenheit 9/11

Re: Re: Farenheit 9/11

BobbyBlueChip said:
Didn't see anything related to anybody accepting money.

Nah, BBC..they're offering to ride their camels door to door throughout Middle East encouraging all to watch. Sheesh...

Read it again...

The company distributing filmmaker Michael Moore's Bush-bashing movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" says it won't reject an offer of help from Middle East terrorist organization Hezbollah.
As WorldNetDaily reported, terrorists affiliated with the Iran-backed network last week offered to help promote the film in the United Arab Emirates.

auspice

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2001
Ohio
by Kosar

"I have very mixed feelings about Moore. Probably half the time when I read what he says, I think, 'that's a damn good point', and the other half of the time I think he's a nutcase."
_________

Relax. We all do. It's because NOBODY has all the facts. We're all human and wonder what the hell is going on sometimes. It's always wise to be somewhat suspicious of someone that seems to have an agenda and a financial stake in his 'truth'.

That's part of the reason you think he's a nucase.
The other being your closet compassionate conservative views which are given away by your favorite pillow which has the words 'trees cause more pollution than automobiles - Ronald Reagan' crocheted on. Dead giveaway. Keep the OSU 2002 national champions pillow, toss the RR pillow.

"Overall though, i'd prefer to hear comments debating or disputing his message, rather than commentary on his weight or his wealth."

Forget it with this crew.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Bobby,

In a huge upset, I kind of have to agree with Wilson here. That's assuming all the info in that article is correct.

Again, assuming it's veracity, that quote about them worrying about people boycotting the film in f*cking Lebanon and Syria?? Wow.

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
kosar said:
Bobby,

In a huge upset, I kind of have to agree with Wilson here. That's assuming all the info in that article is correct.

Again, assuming it's veracity, that quote about them worrying about people boycotting the film in f*cking Lebanon and Syria?? Wow.

Et tu, Bernie, Et tu.

I?ve read the article again and assuming that you didn?t skip over all of the big words like Wilson had to you will see that the quote: "We can't go against these organizations as they could strongly boycott the film in Lebanon and Syria." was publicized by ?Terror-war supporting organization Move America forward.? (Taking a strong stand because there are so many Americans that support terror)
Do you really think that this film will need to be promoted at all in the Middle East?

JT

Degenerate
Forum Member
Mar 28, 2000
Ventura, Ca.
It would be nice if the issues raised in this film were undertaken by a real documentary filmaker like Errol Morris then Mr. Moore. The irony in taking money from middle east groups is I think he is very pro-Israel if I am not mistaken.

auspice

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2001
Ohio
"Ha! How'd you know, man?"

The 'trees cause more pollution than automobiles - Ronald Reagan' pillow was obvious. The OSU pillow was just a wild guess.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Typical Neocon character assasination. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Sad because most of the ditto heads on this board think they are actually debating the issues when they say Moore is a fat so and so!

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Auspice
Which documentary of his do you want reference to
and what do you want evidence on-- do you want data on--outright lies--unsupported suppositions- printing of half quotes on others by him taken out of context--are quotes from seperates times dubbed together to look like a same time.

Would like like to start with his main theme in fareinheit on the issue of Bush taking OSB family out of U.S.??

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
kosar....

kosar....

Check out the unfarenheit 9/11 thread, in particular the slate.com article. I'm interested to hear your take.

Bet on MyBookie