Fernando Beltran vs. Takalani Ndlovu

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Beltran is the underdog here.

Ndluvu' best shot seems to be a win by decison.

I played Beltran and over 10.5 small!

On a sidenote, Cazares by decision was available at +654 at 5dimes, line is down to +500 now.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
nice call zerwas, line on beltran dropped big.

is donny mcrary really a +900 dog against peter manfredo? i mean, both guys are pretty crappy, but mcrary has a good chin and a strong will, and manfredo doesnt punch very hard.

the fight is in manfredo's yard so a decision isnt plausible, but couldnt mcrary just keep throwing wild punches and catch manfredo at some point? remember this is the same mcrary who took allan green's best and nearly knocked him.

its worth a tiny play for me. throw a tv star in with a cab driver, for +900 odds ill take it.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
anyone familiar with LeHoullier vs Yorgey (har har har you are gay)? boxrec makes Houli a decent-looking dog, but that's not enough for me to wager.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I looked at Yorgey and Houlier closely but it seems like its a coin flip. They have a common opponent in Martinis Clay but Houlier got a few gifts. Both are limited and can't punch too much. Looks like a sloppy distance fight. Both guys have the same promoter but have "feeling" they like Yorgy a tad more. All in all, it's a shit fight.:0corn

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
reyes is such a cunt. he spent the past 7 or 8 round doing nothing but rinning and surviving, taking every chance to hold, clinch, fall down, and find awakrd positions that bide time to make the ref break them up.

cuz of him i lost under 9.5, jiminez pressed the fight, reyes did literally NOTHING to fight back. reyes probably sucks dick in his spare time.

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Seems Cazares has a strong emotional attachment to knives and forks; he is not at the required limit for the fight as of today. Never liked to back a guy with weight issues of any kind. I won't play Calderon SU, but will use him in a parlay if I can find a partner.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Seems Cazares has a strong emotional attachment to knives and forks; he is not at the required limit for the fight as of today. Never liked to back a guy with weight issues of any kind. I won't play Calderon SU, but will use him in a parlay if I can find a partner.

i got calderon parred...i think he`ll make adjustments and be tougher the 2nd time around...

i haven`t been watchng closely,but tonight it looks like beltran might be fading a bit after a nice start......

i`ve only seen dribs and drabs though...i could be off...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
that point deduction prolly seals beltran`s fate....

he needs to throw his 2 punches and get out...instead he just waits for ndlovu to punch back.....

guess he`s tired..

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
beltran got the nod......he had a very good 11 and 12...that showed something...

good work night janitor......

congrats,bud...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
thx gw but i just followed the man, hope you did too. made up nicely for the under loss.

any word on manfredo/mcrary? i understand the fight is lvie tonight, but not televised until tomorrow.

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
reyes is such a cunt. he spent the past 7 or 8 round doing nothing but rinning and surviving, taking every chance to hold, clinch, fall down, and find awakrd positions that bide time to make the ref break them up.

cuz of him i lost under 9.5, Jimenez pressed the fight, reyes did literally NOTHING to fight back. reyes probably sucks dick in his spare time.

I also had the under and agree about Reyes. But Jimenez is so off balance and misses so many shots. He had a fat, out of shape guy in front of him that was begging top be knocked out but Jimenez didn't do it. It's unreal that Jimenez can be so inaccurate with is shots against a short, fat non puncher. :shrug:

And what's with Jimenez throwing punches when he's about 6 feet away from Reyes. Somethings missing with that guy. You would think Reyes was Sweat Pea Whitaker's the way Jimenez was so damn sloppy. Shame on him.:nono:

I had Beltran, too and I thought he got a fair decision in spite of the point deduction.

Shannon Briggs please :stfu:

Last edited:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
and congrats zerwas, i think you caught beltran first.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
congrats zerwas....

i agree with kramden....jiminez is a weird guy to watch fight....he looks like a fighter....throws some technically decent shots....you wanna say,"this guy looks like something".....

but somethings wrong with his balance....and his sense of where he is in the fight....

he could have run reyes out of the ring in any of the last 3 rounds....

at times i think he`s to intent on landing the big shot instead of just working....

some guys have no sense of when to throw shots...

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
ugghh I can't stand manfredo

otherwise a great night for some of you guys

congrats

i followed on the beltran over...wasn't brave enough to go on beltran straight

but congrats to nj and zerwas ! excellent dog play !

i think beltran was as high as +180 at one point

p.s. frank totally agree on cazares

i was giving him a big chance until this weight debacle

never a good sign...i'll take calderon by decision

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
well, thanks, this week wasnt overly successful for me though. I played the under as well, but a win is a win, albeit a rather small one...

BTW, the next few weeks look really bright boxing wise, it certainly was about time....

As for Cazares, he's at 118 lbs right now, and I think he was over 120 lbs at figh night for their last fight, so obviously thats not a good sign, but it doesnt seem to be much different than the last time...

I'm on Cazares, though with not too much confidence.

Last edited:

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
A general rule of thumb is that a guy with weight issues also has training issues. Not saying this is always the case, but it may speak to overall conditioning and focus. As someone much wiser than me once said " when in doubt, do nothing". I now have my doubts about Cezares.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Thats true, weight usually is a good indicator.

But Cazares is just huge for a lightflyweight, so that might actually be normal for him, I can understand your concern though.

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Seems 5Dimes took this one off the board. I can't seem to find it there, but it is still up at other shops. I'm contemplating a parlay Calderon/Guzman. Not betting on garbage here. Just 2 world class boxers. I did play Casamajor by decision+643 also already. Plus I'm on Mora+110, just for the record.