Goodbye NFL. Damn, it's a shame.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Really loved you but it's time to say goodbye. Can't relate to your greed anymore. I'll remember the good times. Maybe I'll see you at a Superbowl party someday. Please don't call, email, tweet, or look me up on facebook - we're done shithead. ...Good luck with your play, but on other side :)

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Really loved you but it's time to say goodbye. Can't relate to your greed anymore. I'll remember the good times. Maybe I'll see you at a Superbowl party someday. Please don't call, email, tweet, or look me up on facebook - we're done shithead. ...Good luck with your play, but on other side :)

:mj07:

Could you relate to the greed last year? :shrug: This really isn't much different.

You going to start watching WNBA instead?

Just giving ya a hard time.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
:mj07:

Could you relate to the greed last year? :shrug: This really isn't much different.

You going to start watching WNBA instead?

Just giving ya a hard time.

NFL was my last front. No more sports, no more nothing. ....Maybe it's a good time to start ....living?:00x33

btw i actually lived in your territory last winter. actually liked the crazy cold snow shit thing.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
btw i actually lived in your territory last winter. actually liked the crazy cold snow shit thing.

:scared :scared :scared

I hate it, I told my parents that I was really wanting to move to warmer climate, mother didn't take it so well.

Besides the cold which is 10 months of the year, we have it made up here (if you have a job), no devastating weather that will kill you unless you drive stupid, low crime / Violent crime, beautiful lakes and country, little traffic (easy commuting):0074

Still I want to be where my ass isn't freezing every day and you only live once.

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Sunny Florida and Naptown
Nothing will change.

Everyone said Baseball was ruined when they went on strike. Hardly the case.

Baseball attendance has more then double in the last 4 decades. Do not think this is not a model they are aware of. Greed gets the best of everyone eventually.

Baseball attendance figures.

70 - 79: 329,195,075
80 - 89: 458,931,846
90 - 99: 601,688,546
00 - 10: 808,715,710

Larger stadiums, larger tv contracts and NFL logo sales only fuel the need for greed.

I haggle my employer for a .25 raise. These guys are making millions and want a raise of millions more.

Players/Owners could care less about the fans. Corp. is the big $$$ pusher. Advertising, suites etc. The true fans have nearly been drivin from the buidling, do to escalating prices on tickets, parking, food etc.

NBA is next on tap. They are in far worse shape and the players want far more.

GO FIGURE!!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
:scared :scared :scared

I hate it, I told my parents that I was really wanting to move to warmer climate, mother didn't take it so well.

Besides the cold which is 10 months of the year, we have it made up here (if you have a job), no devastating weather that will kill you unless you drive stupid, low crime / Violent crime, beautiful lakes and country, little traffic (easy commuting):0074

Still I want to be where my ass isn't freezing every day and you only live once.

you should get away. everyone needs different climate for a while. ....you forgot to mention how cheap it is to eat and drink well. I actually made a conscious decision to get fat simply because I couldn't turn down the $1 pints and $3 burgers. it's really a pretty nice life up north.

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
Upstairs watching sports on the big TV.
Don't give up.....Gbay good for job creation.....

Don't give up.....Gbay good for job creation.....

A Green Bay Packers Question

After the Packers / Bills game, Buffalo released quarterback Trent Edwards.

During the Packers / Eagles game, the Packers injured Philadelphia quarterback Kevin Kolb. Philadelphia then had to play backup quarterback Michael Vick.

During a playoff game against the Eagles, the Packers injured Michael Vick and another backup was needed.

After the Packers / Cowboys game, Dallas fired Wade Phillips.

After the Packers / Vikings game, Minnesota fired Brad Childress.

Four weeks after losing to the Packers, the 49er's coach Mike Singletary was fired and replaced.

During the Bears Playoff game, the Packers injured Jay Cutler and backup Todd Collins forcing the Bears to go with 3rd string quarterback Caleb Hanie.

Question: Is it just me, or did the Packers create more jobs than Obama last year?

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
you should get away. everyone needs different climate for a while. ....you forgot to mention how cheap it is to eat and drink well. I actually made a conscious decision to get fat simply because I couldn't turn down the $1 pints and $3 burgers. it's really a pretty nice life up north.

YES, you can find places around here with cheap beer. I live in the center of 3 bars that have 34 ounce domestics for $3 and $4 for darker beers. Food specials everywhere but for really really good burgers are about $5 to $6. Here is a great deal, on Sundays you can get a 16 inch choo choo pizza, it has everything on it.. Real Italian sausage, voted best in the area with a 60oz pitcher for $17 plus tax.. That is a great great deal.. :0074

Iminforabuck

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Nothing will change.

Everyone said Baseball was ruined when they went on strike. Hardly the case.

Baseball attendance has more then double in the last 4 decades. Do not think this is not a model they are aware of. Greed gets the best of everyone eventually.

Baseball attendance figures.

70 - 79: 329,195,075
80 - 89: 458,931,846
90 - 99: 601,688,546
00 - 10: 808,715,710

Larger stadiums, larger tv contracts and NFL logo sales only fuel the need for greed.

I haggle my employer for a .25 raise. These guys are making millions and want a raise of millions more.

Players/Owners could care less about the fans. Corp. is the big $$$ pusher. Advertising, suites etc. The true fans have nearly been drivin from the buidling, do to escalating prices on tickets, parking, food etc.

NBA is next on tap. They are in far worse shape and the players want far more.

GO FIGURE!!

That is one damn intelligent and insightful post right there.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
00%20-%20GIRLSHOT.JPG

NFL Cheerin Canadian Chicks

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
YES, you can find places around here with cheap beer. I live in the center of 3 bars that have 34 ounce domestics for $3 and $4 for darker beers. Food specials everywhere but for really really good burgers are about $5 to $6. Here is a great deal, on Sundays you can get a 16 inch choo choo pizza, it has everything on it.. Real Italian sausage, voted best in the area with a 60oz pitcher for $17 plus tax.. That is a great great deal.. :0074

:toast:

Bet on MyBookie