MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

oceanguy

oceanguy
Forum Member
Mar 24, 2007
Minnesota
Brady was terrible 2 games in a row. Terrible

that's a bit nuts Jord....didn't he just set a super bowl record for consecutive completions?

and although the pass to Welker could have been a little better, it was clearly catchable and should have been caught

lastly, how many other passes were dropped by receivers :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
oceanguy said:
that's a bit nuts Jord....didn't he just set a super bowl record for consecutive completions?

and although the pass to Welker could have been a little better, it was clearly catchable and should have been caught

lastly, how many other passes were dropped by receivers :shrug:

Ok, a tad overboard Maybe. He was pretty much brutal all game vs Baltimore. He was ok for most of the night tonight. He had no big throes or throws downfield though. He was accurate on all the safe underneath stuff.

A buddy of mine said to me before the game, "I just don't really trust brady in big games anymore." I kind of agree now. He missed a bunch of throws in the fourth quarter that could have dramatically changed that game. He didn't. Sorry. When is the last time he has been big in a big game??

tt boy

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2001
ottawa
ositom-1.jpg

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Ok, a tad overboard Maybe. He was pretty much brutal all game vs Baltimore. He was ok for most of the night tonight. He had no big throes or throws downfield though. He was accurate on all the safe underneath stuff.

A buddy of mine said to me before the game, "I just don't really trust brady in big games anymore." I kind of agree now. He missed a bunch of throws in the fourth quarter that could have dramatically changed that game. He didn't. Sorry. When is the last time he has been big in a big game??

He must of won some big games to get to the Super Bowl.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Not really. He was NOT good vs Baltimore And didn't need to be vs Tebow.

The dude is a bit washed. He stunk in that 4th quarter. That's all. I'm not taking away from his awesome career.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Not really. He was NOT good vs Baltimore And didn't need to be vs Tebow.

The dude is a bit washed. He stunk in that 4th quarter. That's all. I'm not taking away from his awesome career.

He has no running game to speak of. No wide out to speak of. He has a slot reciever and two tight ends. One of whom is crippled. He completed 16 passes in a row and came within a dropped pass of winning the Super Bowl. I don't think he is all washed up.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
I agree. Not all washed; just a tad like I said. Still solid as hell, just not a guarantee in the big games like he once was.

Mulligan

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2010
Brady was terrible 2 games in a row. Terrible

I get it that many people just don't like Brady. But what game people watch, and then comment on is beyond me. At one point Brady was 16 for 16, by the way breaking a Super Bowl record. He was then 20 for 23. If Wes Welker catches a very catchable ball, one that he got both hands-on, the patriots win the game.
Eli made a great throw, and Mario Manningham a great catch, but it doesn't happen if Welker catches a relatively easy ball.

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Mulligan said:
I get it that many people just don't like Brady. But what game people watch, and then comment on is beyond me. At one point Brady was 16 for 16, by the way breaking a Super Bowl record. He was then 20 for 23. If Wes Welker catches a very catchable ball, one that he got both hands-on, the patriots win the game.
Eli made a great throw, and Mario Manningham a great catch, but it doesn't happen if Welker catches a relatively easy ball.

Ok. He was also 11-25 with an interception and a grounding that cost them 2 points in the first and fourth quarters outside the streak.

Look, throw all the stats and cliches you want, but he missed a bunch of throws late that he would have made 5 years ago. Btw, I like Brady. Quite a bit actually. I'm just saying he flat stunk vs Baltimore and was very average in this game.

If they won, it wouldn't change my opinion. He is not feared in the big game like he once was. That's my point. I thought both teams were mediocre and thought it was a horrible (although entertaining at the end) game between 2 shitty ( by sb standards) teams. Just my humble opinion and it's not going to change because he threw 16 underneath passes in a row at 1 point.

Mulligan

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2010
He did have a very bad game against Baltimore, but that defense can do that to quarterbacks. Although I believe patriots have won seven of last eight against Baltimore.
You can say 16 underneath passes, but that's how New England plays, they don't have any over-the-top receivers. And probably their best weapon was useless yesterday, one catch I believe, and didn't have to be double covered at all.

I would say most defensive coordinators still fear Brady plenty. Tuck got a good shot on him on that sack, and he was definitely off after that.

But New England defense did not get one single three and out the whole game. Brady and the offense carried that team the whole year.

You're right the intentional grounding was a very bad decision as well cost them big.

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
The Sport's Guy's take ( a die hard and knowledgeable Patriots fan)...

"Two things to remember about that "drop." First, it wouldn't have clinched the game. Eli would have gotten the ball back unless the Patriots finished the drive and scored. Second, it was a shitty pass. That play happened right in front of me ? I was sitting on that side of the field, dead-even with the 13-yard line, 16 rows up. My favorite part about attending football games: Seeing the receivers line up, then guessing the play call the same way you would while playing Madden. Sometimes, you can tell exactly what's about to happen ? and that play was one of those times. They caught the Giants in the wrong defense; they had the ball on the right hash mark and Welker on the left side, with a ton of field to work with, so once he beat his guy off the line of scrimmage, you knew exactly where he was going. Brady knew it, too ? only he put a little too much air on the ball.

Had Welker hauled that football in, the catch itself would have been on the level of Manningham's tremendous catch that kick-started the winning Giants drive. Does Welker usually make that play? Yes. Does Brady usually make that throw? Yes. They both blew it."

I agree completely.

Mulligan

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2010
I'll go with what Welker himself says, instead of the guy in the 16 throw.
Again? I don't think it was a perfect throw by any means. But Brady let the ball go on the 50, would have been a catch on the 20, that's a 30 yard pass. Plain and simple
hit him on both hands, not fingertips? Not one hand, relatively routine catch. Too bad, because Welker led the league with what 120 catches? He was targeted eight times in the game, had seven catches, one drop. Give him credit, he is a standup guy.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Patriots_Wes_Welker_cant_let_go_of_dropped_pass.html

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
That "admission of guilt" means nothing to me. Of course Welker is going to say that. He isn't going to throw Tom Brady under the bus.

AT any rate, this is going in circles, so there isn't much point in continuing. The fact is, that pass was NOT in the right spot; it is therefore very difficult to blame Welker whether he 'should' have caught it, or not. The point remains, IF Brady throws that ball in the right spot, Welker would have caught it. So blaming Welker over Brady, in my mind, is fruitless.

As Tom said, "We just couldn't connect" on that play. That is the much more accurate description.

Good luck...

Gags

Moneybags
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2005
Allentown, Pa
Pats deserve all they got last night. Once again, I'll say to all you pass happy fans that if you cannot run the ball you are toast. NE was up 17-15 with ball at midfield at the 4 minute mark and the Giants pissed away 2 TO's. Wouldn't you want to run and eat some clock and move the chains? Nope, pass pass pass. And a pick to boot. Loved it...