Had car work done today

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Thank you for the positvie input to this discussion Tramp....kinda like your contributions in the political forum.

Kelly, talk to your friends... find a local shop that people use and trust. Word of mouth is the best way to find a reputable place to do buisness.

I think its a joke going on CL to find help for a valuable asset. Talk to friends and look up the local BBB. Seriously. I'm not calling some dude on CL. Some tranny would prob show up. Who the hell knows.

PaSprint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2007
Central PA
Thanks, PA. Too bad you're not in Texas.

I'll let the thread get back on topic, lol.

YW Kelly.... now the fee for all this info is you have to post pics of yourself in the "hot self shots" in the mojo forum. LOL... J/K J/K!!!
This ought to stir up some chatter from a few members.
Goodnight all....I'm out

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
How often do you REALLY need to do flushes?

I know this one....once a month, right honey?

I know my stuff!!!!

Nole is here to help.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
thanks, i'll get mine done at the shop :D
Ditto here--Much easier to have it done when getting oil change--

Will do easy things that don't require a lot of tools or time.

Had this occur recently--wifes keyless remote quit working (not the battery). She took it to Nissan dealer--they wanted $187 to order and program.

I ordered remote myself and will program it--for about $50

<!--blank line--><!--Start DataTable-->
<!--center all main content-->​
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ctl00_BodyContent_DataList2 border=0 cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=587><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
product_display_01.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=product_title bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2>Keyless entry remote for a 1995 NISSAN MAXIMA </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=center rowSpan=6 width=257><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=255 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width=244>
261.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top width=314>
product_display_05.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=center><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=313><TBODY><TR><TD class=labelbold bgColor=#f8cd20 width=76>
Make:
</TD><TD class=info_text bgColor=#f8cd20 width=216>NISSAN </TD></TR><TR><TD class=labelbold bgColor=#f8cd20>
Model:
</TD><TD class=info_text bgColor=#f8cd20>MAXIMA </TD></TR><TR><TD class=labelbold bgColor=#f8cd20>
Year:
</TD><TD class=info_text bgColor=#f8cd20>1995 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=bottom>
product_display_10.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=bottom>
product_display_12.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=27 vAlign=center><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=313><TBODY><TR><TD class=labelbold bgColor=#cecaca width=82>
Price:
</TD><TD class=price bgColor=#cecaca width=208>$44.94 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=labelbold bgColor=#cecaca>
Shipping:
</TD><TD class=info_text bgColor=#cecaca>$7.49</TD></TR><TR><TD class=labelbold bgColor=#cecaca>
Availability:
</TD><TD class=info_text bgColor=#cecaca>In Stock</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cecaca colSpan=2>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=292><TBODY><TR><TD width=74>
Qty:
</TD><TD width=24><INPUT id=qty value=1 readOnly maxLength=3 size=1 name=qty></TD><TD width=170><INPUT id=ctl00_BodyContent_DataList2_ctl00_addToCartButton value="Add to Cart" type=submit name=ctl00$BodyContent$DataList2$ctl00$addToCartButton> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cecaca>
Description:
</TD><TD bgColor=#cecaca> </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cecaca vAlign=top colSpan=2>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=300><TBODY><TR><TD class=info_text>'This is a genuine "OEM" NISSAN keyless entry remote. This is the same remote you would buy at your local dealer, for a fraction of the price. This remote comes with, easy to follow, do it yourself programming instructions. It is also backed by our 60 day warranty. ' </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  1. <LI itxtvisited="1">Step 1
    The first step is to actually get the remotes. If you already have the remotes, proceed to step 2. If you do not, get on eBay and find the remotes for your year and model Nissan. You can usually get them for about $50 a pair, shipped. This is at least half of what the dealer will charge you.
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Step 2
    Open the drivers side door of the vehicle and get in the vehicle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the drivers side door to lock all the doors.
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Step 3
    Insert your key into the ignition and remove it at least 6 times. It may take up to 10 times. This needs to be done in a good pace, but not too fast. At least 6 times within 10 seconds is about right. If you have done it right, you will see the hazard lights flash twice.
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Step 4
    Once you see the hazard lights flash twice, the car is now in program mode. Insert the key back into the ignition and turn it to ACC. Push any button on your keyless entry FOB remote ONCE. This should be done within 5 seconds of turning the key to ACC. You should notice your hazards flash again. If you have another remote to program proceed to step 5, otherwise turn the key off and remove it. The remote should now be programmed.
  2. Step 5
    If you have another keyless entry remote to program unlock the door with the drivers side power lock and then lock them again. Press any button on the next remote. Turn the key back to the original position and remove the key. The remotes should now be programmed.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Hey, Sprint?

You banged Jon pretty good about calling shop guys crooks. Then, you turn around, and say the same shit about dealerships! Surely, that blanket statement can't apply anymore than his?

You're trying to come off as the working man's friend, but you're telling us that if you owned a dealership, you'd be a piece of shit? :shrug:

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
The guy drove to your house and provided a couple services and you think $45 is horrendous? Ridiculous.

$45 is nothing, would have cost me a whole lot more if I took it to the shop is what I was getting at. I called one shop that was having a "sale" that day and they wanted $130.

kneifl

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I have no problem with this thread as far as shopping around and getting somebody to do the work cheaper. . :shrug:

If you need your gutters cleaned out because they're clogged with leaves, do you call the roofer and gutter installer, or do you get somebody off the street/out of work/etc.??

The last time I needed brakes, I bought everything needed and paid a crackhead (no kidding, a real crackhead) 50 bucks to do the work. Saved $250 over what the shop wanted to charge me. :SIB If we're talking something easy like rotating tires, changing filters or doing brakes, what's the big deal?? :sadwave: As unhandy as I am, even I could do the above jobs, but being able to do it yourself isn't the issue either, is it? Hell, if one of you told me you went to the doctor to get your allergy shot, that's comical to me because it's so easy for me to do and you're actually paying for it.

Money is time, and me not having to do it is worth my money. I could be watching tv or on the computer instead. Why not shop around instead of just doing whatever the mechanic says and getting fisted in the process? kurby I'm not fortunate enough to know a mechanic I trust here in BG. That sure would be something nice to find. Too bad I don't live closer to Morris or PaSprint or any of the other guys on this board who do this for a living. I would go to them, but then, I know they wouldn't screw me over either.

I'm plenty willing to go to the mechanic's shop, but I'll limit it to hard diagnostic things that otherwise can't easily be done. After they tell me the problem, I call a friend who knows this stuff, and ask him if it sounds legit and how much it should be before I agree to any repairs.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Who pays for a tire rotation?

me.

Dude, I hope your not serious!! Rotate tires and change a filter? :shrug:

hmmm... me do it myself and struggle for over an hour probably, or pay somebody 20-30 bucks to do it? I'll pay to have it done.

Don't they have twitter for shit like this?

nah, that's just for posting stupid, inane statuses about what you're doing ever 10 minutes.

luvmy$$$

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2009
Wiscy
car care tip # 348

car care tip # 348

Whenever a tire is removed from todays newer vehicles, when reinstalled, must be torqued to specs or brake rotor warp can accure. Cash it.

luvmy$$$

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2009
Wiscy
car care tip # 256

car care tip # 256

When refilling cooling system, you had better know how to bleed air from system. Results are catastropfic, resulting in 1 big ass FAIL.

lawtchan

Eat my pickle
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Bartlett, TN
The tire rotation is easy front tires go to the back on opposite sides and rears same deal.
To change a filter has to be very simple like changing the oil.

:( :(

not so fast my friend...

I was going to get my tires rotated and the dealer looked at me like I was a DUMBASS...

"Sir, these tires are different sizes, you can't rotate them?"...

wtf.....I didn' t know....kurby kurby kurby

PaSprint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2007
Central PA
:( :(

not so fast my friend...

I was going to get my tires rotated and the dealer looked at me like I was a DUMBASS...

"Sir, these tires are different sizes, you can't rotate them?"...

wtf.....I didn' t know....kurby kurby kurby

LOL lawtchan you must be driving a pretty high end sports car if it has different size tires from front to rear...and yes I'm sure the dealer got a nice laugh from that request.
Luvmy$$$ yes, my handle on here reflects central PA sprint car racing.

Bet on MyBookie