Hatton weigh in video!!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
do we have strong proof of hatton's conditioing either way?

he looked awful at ringisde for marquez-casamayor. but a supposedly recent pic and UK articles say he is doing great. and the brief clips i saw of him doing pad work with sr looked great. i heard sr's comments about alcohol.

it sounds like rumours and promo bs both ways. anyone confident either way?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i don`t think they could lose 3 more pounds between em without expiring...if these guys weighed in the day of the fight,i think it would be real dangerous...

they both looked a tad scary to me..particularly their faces...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
For tomorrow night's HBO-televised card at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas:
Ricky Hatton 140 vs. Paulie Malignaggi 139
James Kirkland 156 vs. Brian Vera 157
Matthew Hatton 148 vs. Ben Tackie 148
Rey Bautista 122 vs. Heriberto Ruiz 122

thanks for posting the vid weepaul.....very curious to see what hatton has in there tomorrow...

I wonder what the contracted weight in for Kirkland-Vera. I thought it was going to be at 160. Wonder if it was tough for Vera to get down lower.

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Bodes well for us ghost. Vera had to come down; Kirkland is where he wants to be. I feel better now!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
inthiscorner has a good interview with hatton, very encouraging if you're backing him, moreso than usual promo bs. there were brief clips of his training, he looked in great shape.

hatton!

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Living in Vegas/southern Nevada, most of us never leave the house not carrying a bottle or 2 of water. You will notice one of Hatton's crew was holding a bottle of same, handing it to Ricky on the stage. Now either he was extremely dehydrated, or, like the rest of us, just being smart and keeping up his fluid intake. I have a sneaky suspicion he was a tad DRY and needed it to get him hydrated asap. He only took a couple of sips, true. Just an observation. Paulie first 3 rounds +1.5pts. Hatton by decision. Still cannot get over McGirt as a jinx. He is a fuking plague.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Living in Vegas/southern Nevada, most of us never leave the house not carrying a bottle or 2 of water. You will notice one of Hatton's crew was holding a bottle of same, handing it to Ricky on the stage. Now either he was extremely dehydrated, or, like the rest of us, just being smart and keeping up his fluid intake. I have a sneaky suspicion he was a tad DRY and needed it to get him hydrated asap. He only took a couple of sips, true. Just an observation. Paulie first 3 rounds +1.5pts. Hatton by decision. Still cannot get over McGirt as a jinx. He is a fuking plague.

I take that prop too.
Maybe a little on Malignaggie leads after 3 and leader after 3 loses or draws....

For the record, Evan is on Hatton 2.5 units straight and half a unit by ko.

I played Hatton by ko and Hatton in the last 3 rounds...that would be a nice payout....

bodog has another prop: no fighter gets knocked out and knocked down +160, when you consider that the over is @-300, that might be worth a shot....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I'm leaning towards Paulie.
Hatton doesn't do well against fighters younger than him ( Collazo, Urango), and Paulie is 3 years younger + has reach and height for him.

Hatton's style wears a lot, and at 30 he's on the slide.

Paulie has a great left, and Hatton got check hooked at will by a shop worn old and inactive Lazcano.

The question mark is Paulie's hands.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Hatton doesn't do well against fighters younger than him ( Collazo, Urango), and Paulie is 3 years younger + has reach and height for him.
Hatton does not do well against fighters younger and STRONGER than him.
Paulie is getting whupped tonight.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
glad to see we're on the same page weepaul, I'm on it Hatton straight pretty big, and decent sized on the KO.

Molitor looked very odd last night, like he had a panic attack or was physically ill, even his cornerman was saying "this isn't you".

Hopefully tonight is our redemption bro.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Hatton does not do well against fighters younger and STRONGER than him.
Paulie is getting whupped tonight.

As i said, Paulie has reach and height over Hatton.
Paulie is the bigger and younger man.

IMG_14.jpg

IMG_13.jpg

IMG_12.jpg

Hatton was hanging for life to Laczano in the latter rounds, and Laczano was a virtual punching bag.

Watch the check hook land all night. :director:

Last edited:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
holy shit i was expecting to see Hatton with a beer belly after reading this thread. Looks like he has enough gas in that tank to go 24 rounds. I hope Ricky walks right thru this pitty patter.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
You are correct about the hook landing all night. You just have the wrong fighter landing it :scared

HA HA
Truthfully, i don't have absolute confidence in my pick, and i already took Hatton by decision.

But i hedged it with Paulie by dec at +310, and plan to add some more during live betting.

I don't care if Hatton won't respect Paulie, he's clearly on the decline and Paulie can do the job.

5 Dimes offers either to win by split dec.

Good luck all.

:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
HA HA
Truthfully, i don't have absolute confidence in my pick, and i already took Hatton by decision.

But i hedged it with Paulie by dec at +310, and plan to add some more during live betting.

I don't care if Hatton won't respect Paulie, he's clearly on the decline and Paulie can do the job.

5 Dimes offers either to win by split dec.

Good luck all.

:toast:
If you think Paulie can pull a Laczano and have Ricky out on his feet, you should think about Paulie in rounds 10 to 12 at +2750 at 5 Dimes :toast:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
lots of excellent points for both guys...

if i had to make one bet,it would be ricky by decision(given the promotion)...but,i can see why some like malignaggi...he actually looks a good deal bigger..

i wish paulie had looked a little better in his last few fights,though...i really wasn`t impressed...he looked discouraged at times...

as for ricky`s performance vs lazcano,lazczno`s a big,raw-boned ,durable guy and win/lose or draw is usually a long, hard night`s work for anybody given the fact that he`s almost impossible to get out of there....

malignaggi seemed surprisingly easy to hit in his last few bouts....he`s taken some punishment..

could the wear and tear be taking a toll?...and will those hands hold up?...

unless ricky is shot,malignaggi will be on the backfoot all night and given the promotion,if ricky`s the aggressor(which he will be),paulie will have to make him look awfully bad to garner a decision...

i wasn`t very inyerested in this until i started reading the comments...

now i`m goosed...

that`s why i love this place...:toast: