Hippo-Kramer Contest Week 5 (Rigged!)

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Only 1 other human could even get positive points this week, but somehow the guy posting the odds and doing the scores managed a perfect score of 4. Coincidence? Not likely. Why did bjfinste opt out of his Cardinals pick at the last second that would have given him a winning week and keep him tied for first? He never changed his mind on a pick all year, but suddenly for some reason he drops a super system play in favor of a sure loser. Makes you wonder.:SIB

It worked for Leinart and Warner, and this week it worked for Mello and Bear. Mello had his finest week all year going 1-1 and not losing points, while Bear stepped in got +2 on just one pick ....and that was against his own namesake. Not many folks around here would have the warewithall to make such a couragous bet in their first career start.

There were no -4 or -3's for the first time (thanks to Baby Jesus ending Kramer's impressive winless streak on Monday night) and the field did not lose any points overall. Faders beware.

Smurphy .... 6 (8-4)
Bjfinste ...... 4 (7-5)
Rolltide ...... 1 (5-5-2)
Wesis69 .... -1 (6-6)
BadBone ... -1 (5-6-1)
Kramer ...... -3 (4-7-1)
Woodson... -4 (4-7-1)
Imfeklhr..... -4 (3-8-1)
Dunclock .. -5 (5-6-1)
Hippo........ -6 (4-8)
Mr. Mel...... -7 (3-8-1)

Overall: -20 (54-70-8)

And so it goes. Week 5 lines. I spot at least 4 fixes right off the bat....

CAR 44'
NO -3

JAX -1
KC 36

DET 46
WAS -3'

ATL 40'
TEN -9

MIA 43'
HOU -5'

SEA 39
PIT -5'

CLE 48'
NE -16'

AZ -3'
STL 41

NYJ 41'
NYG -3'

TB 46
IND -10

SD 42
DEN -1

BAL -3'
SF 35'

CHI 40'
GB -3

DAL -10
BUF 44'

Last edited:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
The night I made the change I was informed that Boldin was out for sure, and I thought that might help result in some short fields for Pittsburgh. I didn't realize that the Cardinals are a legitimately good team.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
The night I made the change I was informed that Boldin was out for sure, and I thought that might help result in some short fields for Pittsburgh. I didn't realize that the Cardinals are a legitimately good team.

Don't try to infuse logic into this. Just admit that you threw the week.:nono:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Don't try to infuse logic into this. Just admit that you threw the week.:nono:

Busted! Hippo and Kramer threw me some under-the-table cash because they knew that the legions of fans who hang on this contest's every post would see their interest wane if I continued to run away with the lead. In the interest of the health of the contest.... I accepted the bribe.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Busted! Hippo and Kramer threw me some under-the-table cash because they knew that the legions of fans who hang on this contest's every post would see their interest wane if I continued to run away with the lead. In the interest of the health of the contest.... I accepted the bribe.

Does that mean I should expect a call from them soon too? ...Nah, they prolly still think I'm a fluke.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Does that mean I should expect a call from them soon too? ...Nah, they prolly still think I'm a fluke.

No, I think it's safe to say that we can all just rely on nature to take its course with you. No bribery necessary.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
I'm not waiting around this week...

Seattle x2
Dallas
Arizona

(Super Secret System plays now 5-0)

dunclock

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
Nashville, TN
If I can somehow keep Mello and Bear ahead of Dunclock!

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :00hour

I hate to bust your bubble but Mr Scorekeeper needs to go back last week and audit the books. I actually went 2-1 but lost the double pick {again} so I should be 5-6-1 and -5 points:scared

Thanks in advance for clearing up this scoring mistake:shrug:

GDMFSOB double picks:mj16:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I hate to bust your bubble but Mr Scorekeeper needs to go back last week and audit the books. I actually went 2-1 but lost the double pick {again} so I should be 5-6-1 and -5 points:scared

Sheeesh. I make a mistake every week. More proof for each individual to be vigilant in keeping their score.

OK Clock, you are back ahead of the girl and the :mj23:.

dunclock

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
Nashville, TN
Sheeesh. I make a mistake every week. More proof for each individual to be vigilant in keeping their score.

OK Clock, you are back ahead of the girl and the :mj23:.

Thank you for the correction

FYI, my name has nothing to do with a clock:nono:

But I have so many aliases, no problem with another:shrug:

Woodson

L I V I N
Forum Member
Oct 23, 1999
Blockchain
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is :

Joe.

I dwell in the dark night of your soul where ache and yearning cuss and moan. I'm not well liked. In fact most people avoid me until they have no choice by to arrive at my doorstep. Most of my visitors begin their journey around twilight, when hope intermingles with doubt. I'm predominantly nocturnal, absorbing light and all colours to form my black cloak. But behind the cloak, I'm your naked image, vulnerable to the cold winds of reality. No, I'm not a pretty sight...with birthing stretch marks displaying the struggles I have faced. But, if you stay awhile, you will see my inner beauty. You will know that I'm on your side.

My name is Joe Q.

I spring forth with fumes of light headed enlightenment, even if it's not wanted. I have the ability to burrow under your skin, or to tap, tap, tap on your conscience. I will nestle into the pit of your stomach and make you long for that zone where my nemesis comfort dwells. But who wants to go there?

If you stay hang with me, I will offer you awareness, insight............a place to make decisions. I will take away your yearning, at least for a little while. I will help you find the compass to guide your way through the transitional twilight, out of the bear growling wilderness and into a pasture where sunrises express hopeful glory.

My name is Joe Q. Public.

I may absorb light..........stay hidden in the haunting shadows of despair and doubt, but believe it or not I also hold your dreams until you're ready to take a risk. The journey to my dwelling may be fraught with confusion, aversion and dislocation............but I will make it worth your while. Why? Because I am where all learning takes place. I am where you will find the fountain to your own personal growth. Let me give you a gift of awareness.

Trust me............please?

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat

:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

I say a score posted stands!:SIB

Bet on MyBookie