Hooking up with friend's ex

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
Been there.... twice

I can tell you that the one friend I was upfront with and told... we are still friends..

The one that found out about it through her like a year later.. we no longer speak.

My advice would be to tell your buddy. It will be best coming from you.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I only did it once, they had been broken up for 2 years. I told him about it thinking it would be no big deal because of how he always talked about her. Well, I guess it was too soon. Our friendship was never the same.

Lee

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
My advice, is just don't fucking do it!! It's crossing a line that friendship isn't going to exist anymore.

Ask yourself, what's more important, a close friend or a piece of pie!?!?!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Thanks Gibber. Unfortunatley that is now out of the equation. The friend saw us making out. They were split up maybe a month, following a year and a half together. They were always on and off, so maybe they were going to be on again. Good friend of mine. This is going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
My advice, is just don't fucking do it!! It's crossing a line that friendship isn't going to exist anymore.

Ask yourself, what's more important, a close friend or a piece of pie!?!?!

It's simply too late now. I would love to blame in on the drinks, but that's weak.

So of course he proceeds to tell my recent ex and now that shit is all over the fan. Actually, that was pretty weak on his part, but I guess I can understand because I'm sure he was pissed off.

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
This one seems simple:shrug:

girl_with_guys.jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Yep, I know this will be the case. Christ's sakes I'm almost 40 and I'm acting like a kid in high school. :confused:

It's time for you to grow up, smurph. As you know, you and I are almost exactly the same age but our lifestyles are so different.

Woodson

L I V I N
Forum Member
Oct 23, 1999
Blockchain
It's simply too late now. I would love to blame in on the drinks, but that's weak.

So of course he proceeds to tell my recent ex and now that shit is all over the fan. Actually, that was pretty weak on his part, but I guess I can understand because I'm sure he was pissed off.

I would say you didn't really value his friendship. Period.

Douche bag move completely. You are lucky he and all your acquainted friends didn't kick the shit out of you as a lesson.

Never mess with a friends tail, ESPECIALLY if they dated a year and a half...

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl

Douche bag move completely. You are lucky he and all your acquainted friends didn't kick the shit out of you as a lesson.

Tough crowd.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home

:0corn

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
there goes the dart league :shrug:

Bet on MyBookie