Hurricane Dennis

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ageecee

Forum Member
Aug 17, 1999
Louisiana
looks like Mobile again, they havent even finished rebuilding from last year.

How do you think those people feel?

ageecee

Forum Member
Aug 17, 1999
Louisiana
Is it just me or does anyone else this thing is headed directly for New orleans? Now i know they are very good at predicting where these hurricanes end up but damn it looks to me like New orleans. Anyone else feel that way?

ocelot

Forum Member
May 21, 2003
Mount Shasta
Whew! Rode it out in Navarre. At the worst point I saw the only window I didn't board flex and got the family into an interior bathroom. For 20 minutes we could hear the roof trusses groaning and feel the walls vibrating. Then the worst was over. WEnt to bed night before and it was 105 woke up in middle of night to discover it was 145...pretty unnerving. Compared to Ivan though it was mild except for those structures still compromised and spots here and there. Lost some ridge line shingles and flashing, another pine tree. A few structures around were collapsed but nothing real bad on my street.

Still without power in Navarre. Posting from Ft. Walton here. Looks like Emily wants a piece of us too. Why not?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
ocelot said:
Whew! Rode it out in Navarre. At the worst point I saw the only window I didn't board flex and got the family into an interior bathroom. For 20 minutes we could hear the roof trusses groaning and feel the walls vibrating. Then the worst was over. WEnt to bed night before and it was 105 woke up in middle of night to discover it was 145...pretty unnerving. Compared to Ivan though it was mild except for those structures still compromised and spots here and there. Lost some ridge line shingles and flashing, another pine tree. A few structures around were collapsed but nothing real bad on my street.

Still without power in Navarre. Posting from Ft. Walton here. Looks like Emily wants a piece of us too. Why not?

Glad you are well ocelot.

nole

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ocelot

Forum Member
May 21, 2003
Mount Shasta
Only for residents. They were taking them in on a bus yesterday. Troopers posted at bridge. You know they took away teh 50 cent toll about a year ago. Kinda miss the toll booths as it was a nice little job for retirees.