Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
So, what are we going to do?

I'm sure it's going to take a while but it doesn't sound like anybody has a solution.

Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
as soon as he compares the us government to a corporation or an individual, he loses some credibility. kind of a huge difference, because the government can print money, as he mentions. every time i hear a person complaining about the national debt by saying "i have to pay MY bills", i immediately know they don't understand government finances.

also, what he said about corporate taxes (too high, and it will strangle growth) is... an exaggeration at best. the us economy has absolutely boomed during times of some of the highest corporate tax rates we've had (over 50%). sure, if the corporate tax rate was 95%, that would have severe repercussions. but it absolutely should be higher than it currently is, and it NEEDS TO BE ENFORCED.

that said, the point he's making is 100% correct. while the government can run at a deficit, you don't want it to get out of control, and that's exactly what's happening. and just borrowing and printing money will eventually end badly.

so that leaves raising taxes and cutting spending. if we're ever going to get serious about reducing the deficit, both need to happen. and while it's easy to blame the politicians for not seriously addressing the debt, can you imagine the fallout if any politician said "we have to cut spending AND raise your taxes." they'd never stand a chance of getting reelected. so, really, the problem is us. most americans don't even have the financial literacy they need to manage their personal finances. they certainly can't understand the issue with the debt and what's required to fix it.

hey, all empires fall. eventually it will be our turn.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
as soon as he compares the us government to a corporation or an individual, he loses some credibility. kind of a huge difference, because the government can print money, as he mentions. every time i hear a person complaining about the national debt by saying "i have to pay MY bills", i immediately know they don't understand government finances.

also, what he said about corporate taxes (too high, and it will strangle growth) is... an exaggeration at best. the us economy has absolutely boomed during times of some of the highest corporate tax rates we've had (over 50%). sure, if the corporate tax rate was 95%, that would have severe repercussions. but it absolutely should be higher than it currently is, and it NEEDS TO BE ENFORCED.

that said, the point he's making is 100% correct. while the government can run at a deficit, you don't want it to get out of control, and that's exactly what's happening. and just borrowing and printing money will eventually end badly.

so that leaves raising taxes and cutting spending. if we're ever going to get serious about reducing the deficit, both need to happen. and while it's easy to blame the politicians for not seriously addressing the debt, can you imagine the fallout if any politician said "we have to cut spending AND raise your taxes." they'd never stand a chance of getting reelected. so, really, the problem is us. most americans don't even have the financial literacy they need to manage their personal finances. they certainly can't understand the issue with the debt and what's required to fix it.

hey, all empires fall. eventually it will be our turn.
The snowball is picking up speed and getting huge. The printers are warming up now for another big print job. What a mess.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Another seemingly USA problem is drug costs. Here's a snippet from a recent article.

List price for a four-week supply of Ozempic is $969 in the US, but the drug can be purchased for $155 in Canada and $59 in Germany. Similarly, Wegovy’s list price is $1,349 in the US, but it’s $186 in Denmark, $140 in Germany and $92 in the UK....

Why?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Another seemingly USA problem is drug costs. Here's a snippet from a recent article.

List price for a four-week supply of Ozempic is $969 in the US, but the drug can be purchased for $155 in Canada and $59 in Germany. Similarly, Wegovy’s list price is $1,349 in the US, but it’s $186 in Denmark, $140 in Germany and $92 in the UK....

Why?
I had one, I forget the drug, but it was $200+ everywhere but with goodrx and at Kroger it was $18 for a 90 days supply. WTF is THAT?!

If you get prescribed anything you better check goodrx, singlecare, and costplus before you get it filled. It's insane. It should be the same everywhere.

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Good night America. It’s over. And there is nothing we can do it about it. That is why they are pushing for ww3. Global collapse incoming. They will enact capital constraints once the shit hits the fan. Good luck getting your money from banks etc. all currencies and governments are bankrupt. They will keep the charade going until all their fed /central banks bs finally stops working.

The reason this economy hasn’t collapsed completely the past 15 years is because they spend 2 trillion a year of fake dollars (created out of thin air ) by the fed and given to the treasury for worthless IOU’s called bonds. Lol. Its a bad joke.

They need a war. To the winner go the spoils. They need Bretton woods all over again. Rinse and repeat. Only thing left to do

NFLBETS

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 25, 2024
The future worry of money is with gov't issuing CBDC wrapped shitcoins on assets like gold or BTC.

US is not likely to move forward with the CBDC FEDNOW pilot project.
Built on XRP network for US FED Reserve.

CBDC's have been trialed in various countries.

Recent comments by Trump about paying off National Debt with a Shitcoin is funny as hell.

Be good HODL your BTC safely

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Another question: Is there an egg shortage by you?

I'm hearing the old saw, "Bird flu has the price of eggs rising again."

I don't know anyone who can't find eggs, though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fk Dc. FK the corporations. The people must rise. And if anyone thinks Americans still control America and not the globalist cabal. I have a new covid vax to sell you. 😆

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Fk Dc. FK the corporations. The people must rise. And if anyone thinks Americans still control America and not the globalist cabal. I have a new covid vax to sell you. 😆
We live in the greatest country in the world. It’s not perfect nor will it ever be. Gullible people like you are who Trump depends on. Would not be surprised if you were one of the January 6 rioters.

Reactions: SixFive
Bet on MyBookie