I love the colonoscopy prep

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
All I drank was 1.5 oz Phosphate Oral Saline Laxative. It was like taking a shot of whisky :shrug:
Then I shit my guts out. I've even taken it once about a year later to cleanse my colon. No big deal.

The biggest PIA (no pun) was waiting for the procedure at the clinic.

They put me under, I had about a 3 sentence conversation with the guy doing the procedure and the next thing I knew they were wheeling me out and I had a great buzz for about an hour.

They told me, see you in 10 years for the next one.

I'd rather do that than go to the dentist

:mj07: "A great buzz". That was so funny to me. I always try to stay awake when they are injecting the medicine in my IV. It never works (trying to stay awake) :mj07:

VaNurse

Dirty Foot
Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
NC
When I first became a nurse I had a dementia patient who was getting a colonoscopy the next morning, I had to make sure she drank a gallon of "go lytly" In short it wasn't litely. There was shit EVERYWHERE, I still think I owe the aide a few more drinks.

I had one of those as a nursing student..... no aide! Not fun.

VaNurse

Dirty Foot
Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
NC
Not complaining but why am I the only one that only had to drink this little thing? Even my wife had to drink a gallon of crap and she could not do it. :lol:

You had a decent and understanding doctor. The gallon isn't necessary in most cases but some doctors don't want to see a speck of remnant. I had two procedures last year, one in the doctor's suite and the other in the hospital. They couldn't knock me out enough to perform the procedures thoroughly and want me to come back within the year for a repeat! I can understand the first time.... they tried a new prep that I puked up almost immediately after drinking it. When I called the doc's after-hours line, another doctor told me to just take "a lot of Miralax". I guess it just wasn't worth it to try to finish when I wasn't properly cleansed and fighting them while unconscious! Now that I'm out of work again, the repeat won't be done anytime soon!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BigFatLooza

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2006
You had a decent and understanding doctor. The gallon isn't necessary in most cases but some doctors don't want to see a speck of remnant. I had two procedures last year, one in the doctor's suite and the other in the hospital. They couldn't knock me out enough to perform the procedures thoroughly and want me to come back within the year for a repeat! I can understand the first time.... they tried a new prep that I puked up almost immediately after drinking it. When I called the doc's after-hours line, another doctor told me to just take "a lot of Miralax". I guess it just wasn't worth it to try to finish when I wasn't properly cleansed and fighting them while unconscious! Now that I'm out of work again, the repeat won't be done anytime soon!

Strong avatar to thread content correlation.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
no matter what the uncomfortable feelings and procedures...it sure beats the alternative.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri
s1ApZNG.gif

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Have the procedure today at 3 (upper and lower colonoscopy)

Have the procedure today at 3 (upper and lower colonoscopy)

Fuck, drinking that bullshit is the mother fucking worst. Can someone fucking kill me now, good lord. I didn't mind the shitting a fraction as much as drinking that mother fucking bullshit, but jesus christ that bullshit does clean you out. Oh well, not looking forward to this but need to get it over.

kneifl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Fuck, drinking that bullshit is the mother fucking worst. Can someone fucking kill me now, good lord. I didn't mind the shitting a fraction as much as drinking that mother fucking bullshit, but jesus christ that bullshit does clean you out. Oh well, not looking forward to this but need to get it over.

kneifl

In all honesty you probably had more shit than most in there.

The Boys

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Royal Oak, Michigan, a Detroit Suburb
I'm 66 and never had one and probably never will. Fuck it. My 9mm is locked and loaded if I ever need it. I really wonder about the medical profession sometimes. My grand parents lived into their 90's never had one. My mom is 90 and never had one. I'm stubborn and a health insurance agent for over 30 years, I could tell you some stories but why bother. Good luck on getting probed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
I've never had one. I turn 40 soon, so guess I have to go to for a checkup then. Last doc visit was 5 years ago. Prior to that we are talking college :facepalm:

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep
I'm 66 and never had one and probably never will. Fuck it. My 9mm is locked and loaded if I ever need it. I really wonder about the medical profession sometimes. My grand parents lived into their 90's never had one. My mom is 90 and never had one. I'm stubborn and a health insurance agent for over 30 years, I could tell you some stories but why bother. Good luck on getting probed.

Hmm. Dying of cancer or a DRE yearly. You know what they say about the biggest homophobes.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I've never had one. I turn 40 soon, so guess I have to go to for a checkup then. Last doc visit was 5 years ago. Prior to that we are talking college :facepalm:

I was terrified of having it done. It's a piece of cake, don't even worry about it one bit. :0008