Incredible new Pete Rose revelations

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Anybody hear this stuff today? Impromptu interview with that sidekick guy of his (some Italian name) on 'Wise Guys' radio show today and he spilled some major beans.

Pete Rose trafficked and sold huge quantities of cocaine to pay off gambling debts. He was a very heavy user of meth-amphetamines, and the BIGGIE:

He corked his bat during his chase for the hit record.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
The guy was saying this stuff so casually, it was hard not to believe. I guess it doesn't matter - he's never getting to the hall. But if he did have a corked bat, the hit record should be talken away.

I might have made mistake - it may have just been amphetamines, not meth.

RexBudler

Wonder Dog
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2003
Irvine, California
smurphy said:
The guy was saying this stuff so casually, it was hard not to believe. I guess it doesn't matter - he's never getting to the hall. But if he did have a corked bat, the hit record should be talken away.

I might have made mistake - it may have just been amphetamines, not meth.

Either way there is no doubt that this could all be true, it certainly wouldnt surprise me.

I hope all is well Smurph

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Funny you ask, Rex. I developed a bit of a Vodka-Redbull addiction because of you. I've actually had to cut way back on them. Nothing worse than being smached and wired. When all you want is sleep, but all that damn red bull is still raging ....well, not even venting on Madjacks helps.

RexBudler

Wonder Dog
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2003
Irvine, California
smurphy said:
Funny you ask, Rex. I developed a bit of a Vodka-Redbull addiction because of you. I've actually had to cut way back on them. Nothing worse than being smached and wired. When all you want is sleep, but all that damn red bull is still raging ....well, not even venting on Madjacks helps.

I hear ya bro, I have had to cut down on those drinks. You saw what happened to me on Superbowl Sunday.....this year I didnt drink any and I was actually able to remember the game for the first time in 4 years. But being the degenerate I am I still enjoy this drink just not as often and not as much in 1 night. Like you said nothing worse than being drunk but having your heart beating out of control still lol I drink so much damn caffeine my heart always goes crazy sometimes :scared :scared ..add that with a pack of cigs a day and my gambling habit and I figure I have 15 years left to live :scared :scared :scared

Clem D

Mad Pisser
Forum Member
May 26, 2004
Long Branch NJ
smurphy said:

as Im sipping a sugar free redbull and watermelon smirnoff vodka right now.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Clem D said:
as Im sipping a sugar free redbull and watermelon smirnoff vodka right now.
"sipping" is a good word to have in your vocabulary for that drink. sip away!

Isn't Smirnoff a sub-par Vodka though? I learned it's gotta be at least a decent vodka or the hangover will be that much worse.

Clem D

Mad Pisser
Forum Member
May 26, 2004
Long Branch NJ
I only drink the goose in martinis.. dirty or other.

try the bull with the wartemelon or other flavored smirnoff.
Tasty.

Smirnoff is better than absolute imo. not as good as stoli but close.
goose and kettle are the best but not to be wasted in the bull.

Ronnie

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
At the bar
Clem, add a little cranberry to that drink you got and it'll taste like a watermelon jollyrancher. I serve that shot to girls in my bar all the time.

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Ronnie said:
Clem, add a little cranberry to that drink you got and it'll taste like a watermelon jollyrancher. I serve that shot to girls in my bar all the time.

So it's redbull, cranberry juice and vodka.
What amounts of each?

Ronnie

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
At the bar
If your pouring it at home, just put about two to four ounces of the vodka in a glass of ice. Then add equal parts of red bull and cranberry juice. You can't even taste the vodka, can be dangerous and its definitely a panty dropper.

I can't even explain the taste of Red Bull but of all the energy drinks out there, it is the best tasting when using it as a mixer. I drink it all the time and it tastes fine by itself. Now when your done mixing that drink, go grab yourself a bottle of jagermeister and do a jager bomb. Its red bull and jager

Last edited:

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Murph-there is a huge difference between amphetamines and meth. There is a rather large percent of mlb players that have or do use amphetamines. I would say very few if any play using meth, take a look at the thread regarding meth, not many players resemble those pictures. Amphetamines or greenies are abundant in mlb circles, although they are banned up as of this season.

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Thx Ronnie, not as big of a drinker as when I was younger, but this sounds like something to try.

Las Vegas for March madness wiil definitely be a place to try it. Thx again.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
shamrock said:
Murph-there is a huge difference between amphetamines and meth. There is a rather large percent of mlb players that have or do use amphetamines. I would say very few if any play using meth, take a look at the thread regarding meth, not many players resemble those pictures. Amphetamines or greenies are abundant in mlb circles, although they are banned up as of this season.
Yeah - I realized I didn't get that part of it right. The specifically said "greenies", so it was just regular old amphetamines Rose was into. ....They were only banned recently?

Anyway, the bombshell I thought was the "oh by the way, he was corking his bat". Apparently, he didnt do that until he was player-manager. He lost a lot of snap in his swing and was desperately chasing the record.

I dont know what happens when Redbull is mixed, but it seems to go from a sugary horrible conconction to the perfect combination with vodka. Excellent for that 4 am skank shift trip to Cheetahs.

edludes

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2001
alaska
Rose is a complete and total lowlife and this thread has become a bartenders dream.I knew Rose thirty years ago when his lowlifedness was more of a well kept secret.His idea of a pickup line went"you've got a nice smile,......wanna f*ck?"That was as hard as he wanted to work at it.l

Bet on MyBookie