Incredible new Pete Rose revelations

Keyser Soze

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2000
Orlando
His idea of a pickup line went"you've got a nice smile,......wanna f*ck?"That was as hard as he wanted to work at it.l.........

That's as hard as he HAD to work at it.........

edludes

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2001
alaska
He got turned down and called an asshole by the person he tried it on that I knew about.Seems to lack depth and imagination to most people,just like Pete.Ever take a look at that Enneagram book Soze?

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
If you guys recall...Rose has been part of federal investigations of physician prescriptions of "greenies" in two different states. The first happened when he was with the Phillies in 1980...a physician was writing prescriptions that lead the investigation to Rose and some other Phillie players. Rose had admitted in a Playboy interview in '79 that he took "greenies"...however, when interrogated by Feds...he denied it.

Almost the same thing happened in Southern Ohio in late 80's...2 physicians were indicited and they confessed that much of the greenies were being prescribed to the Reds (he managed them)....he of course denied it and the Cincy brotherhood swept it under the rug.

I was a huge Pete Rose fan....but, I have come to the conclusion that he isn't such a good guy.

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
The guy is a scumbag. I can remember while umpiring professionally, during spring training in Tampa, that's where Cincinnati used to be based back then. We would go out at night and invariable run into some of the players and whenever we ran into Rose,he was always with the most beautiful women and of course he was married with a baby little pete at the time.

I remember this one time, my first year in pro ball, we were at the Tampa Jai Lai fronton sic, we are in the betting area near the entrance and in walks Rose with no lye two beautiful women on each arm, both in furs, chilly night there at that time of year. Rose has a foot long cigar he's smoking.

What makes this worse and laughable at the time, that very day the Tampa paper or St Pete paper can't remember had just run a big spread on his family, wife and baby etc with all the pictures etc.

Even way back then 1971 he was a scumbag.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
He has a sports bar in Boca Raton and I when I lived there I used to go to it once or twice a month. He broadcasted a radio show out of there and if he wasn't doing that, he would usually be there hanging on some random woman or another. Anyways, i've never come across somebody so consistently rude and arrogant as that dickhead. Just watching how poorly he interacted with everybody was amazing. And these were his customers and fans! Anybody, including myself, who came in contact with him at that bar pretty much hated him from that time forward.

Keyser Soze

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2000
Orlando
Edludes.........I'm not a Rose fan. I am merely stating that with all of these professional athletes, it's a numbers game. They say "You wanna f**k?" enough times. They are going to get a yes. They aren't looking for substance, 95% of them are already married, they're just looking for some side action............
Not sure what the Enneagram book has to do with it however.

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie