Is anybody winning

Varsity_Blues

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2001
Cary, North Carolina USA
Is anybody here winning? I take RAYMOND's picks every day and I'm not. How is he? I went 6-1 and won about $80 then I'll go something like 5-2 or 4-3 and either break even or lose money and then I have nights like tonight where I go 2-5 and lose $250. I'm taking them straight I'm trying to parlay them different ways. What the hell am I doing wrong. I will say that I won an 8 game parlay from Raymond but he had posted 9 and I lucked up b/c the Cubs lost but I bet late so that game had already started. It just seems like RAYMOND is making a fortune the way he's posting and I appreciate his picks but even when they go 6-1 I'm not making much money. Any comments?

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Dunno, but 6-1 and not win money. Little farfetched or serious problems
confused.gif

ZigZag

Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
VA
Poooor Money Management beats a good winning % everytime.

If you make 10 bets at 1 unit each and go 9-1 then feel like you got yourself a keeper and plop down an 8 unit bet you will get screwed. Maybe not on that 1 bet, but in the long run you will.

To go 6-1 and be up $80 and then go 2-5 and be down $250?? The only way to do this is with poor MM.

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
I don't see it possible since he doesn't even rate his plays. You must be fixing an amount to big...huge..play of the year..or something. I don't keep track of his record, I just pay attention to his daily selections, but i'd say he wins more than loses!!

Neemer

Forum Member
Aug 24, 1999
Bluegrass!
Need to play same amount of money for all your wagers. Don't worry so much about the particular %'s of each game, just adhere to betting them all for same dollar amounts. If ya stick with it long enuff, you'll be able to determine if ya want to start rating each individual games....

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
even on my games which i dont play the same amount because you cannot live off that,they still = out if i have play a 4* 3000 play i will have at least 2. same with 3* 2* most of the time i have 3 of the same size in hope of hitting 2,but if you load 1 game you are looking for trouble,and if you are going to parlay you stright bet you couple best bets then run if parlays off those stright bets and you won't have that problem.

[This message has been edited by fletcher (edited 05-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fletcher (edited 05-02-2001).]

Houston Gambler

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Texas
My 2 cents:Take the plays,play them straight and for the same amount.You can't get hurt.

This endeavor has a way of bitting you in the ass every time.

It's a grind.

Varsity_Blues

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2001
Cary, North Carolina USA
I appreciate the replys. I guess what I'm saying is that for the most part I'm doing good on money management. I used to be terrible at it. Here's what I'm saying though. I usually put $50 on every game and then do a couple parlays depending for maybe $25 and maybe one 9-game for say $10. But with baseball like the time I went 6-1 but it was stuff like $50 to win $25 and $50 to win $30 and I think one was even $50 to win $16 (like Pedro vs. Devil Rays). Then if I go 2-5 I lose 5 times $50 and maybe make $75-$80 on the 2 wins. That was my point. I don't think its bad money management. If this was football or basketball I'd be winning like hell but since it seems like RAYMOND picks a lot of favorites (which I would too) the payouts are smaller.

Varsity_Blues

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2001
Cary, North Carolina USA
Thanks for that ingenious reply Gatorbait. I'm just looking for some advice so "and your point is" is really helpful. I just want to know how I can win in the long run when my winning days (small gains)aren't coming close to offsetting my losing days (big losses). It just seems like RAYMOND is winning while I'm taking his picks putting the same bet on each of them and losing money. Maybe he's just not picking enough winners right now so thats what the problem is. I think he went 2-5 last night. Apparently with baseball you have to have a much larger winning percentage with the moneylines so maybe RAYMOND is losing money too. Just keep all the smartass comments to yourselves.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Blues,

I believe Raymond plays for different amounts on his plays, so that may be why he is kmaking money, and you are not.

I can tell you this, and you prove my point in your statements:

Betting favorites in baseball will kill you!

The victories you need to stay afloat with favorites is mind numbing.

Do youself a favor......for the next 5 days, just pretend you bet $50 on every favorite. Now, also jot down $50 on every dog. Watch the dog money grow, while you see the favorite pile go south. The only way to make money on favorites in this sport, is to have a huge bankroll, and bigger nuts!

There is not a man alive who can make money all season long betting favorites at the same amount per wager! And that, my friend....IS a lock!

There are a ton of things to say on this topic, but it would take forever.

The bottom line?

Baseball, no matter what line of shit you hear, is a losing proposition for most gamblers. Just like the rest of the games they bet on. The results you have seen speak for themselves.

------------------
May your bookies children go hungry!

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Instead of beating around the bush Mr Blues, just say that Ray isn't making $$$. That's your point and too mucha puzzy to say so. The funny thing about it is that I think he is making money with his system and you're not. If I recall, you've been here before(starting crap) and it's rediculous. I see you are from Cary.....Carry deez nuts in your mouth
biggrin.gif

Last thing I'll say to you so make it good
wink.gif

Kevin

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 19, 1999
www.predictem.com
I'll speak my piece, although I will draw criticism because all minds think differently. I do win long term, especially in baseball. It took me MANY years of losing before I learned how to win. I'm sure you've heard of the school of hard knocks. I'm gonna break down what you said to the simplest form.

1. Your winning games but losing money. Signifies your on too many favs. Don't be afraid to play an underdog. Thats where the value is. Once you become accustomed to doing so you'll become addicted to it. You'll learn that getting juice instead of getting it is a nice feeling. Logic says dogs in bases are the way to go seeing as though so many teams hover around the .500 mark, even some of the bad teams. Your best value is with your worst teams. Not now, but midseason go look at the good teams and you'll see you would have performed worse betting them monetarily than the bad teams. Another idea for you is to strictly play totals only so you don't get caught up in juice.

2. Pick out your strongest play of the day and only play that play. Regardless of whether you win or lose. If it loses, you play tomorrow. If it wins, you play tomorrow. Don't play off wins and don't play off losses, both play an emotional roll that gets the best of us every time.

3. Parlays are a horrible proposition. You stated you play one par at 10 bucks a day. 10 bones a day is nothin'....But X 30 days in a month your looking at 300 bucks and thats most guys bankrolls/amt they deposit into books from their paychecks monthly. Their ok for recreation if say you make over 200k a year, but for a small player, shit no.

4.Money management. Play 100 dollars a day on one game. Just do it. Build self discipline or you will go along the wayside just like the other 75% of the posters that come and go after a year. Bases is very beatable, you just gotta learn how to do it. Most guys say they have self discipline but they dont.

5 TV games, are you betting all of them? If so, play this system. Bet the underdog or under the total on every tv game. It will most likely make you money and at worst keep you close to breaking even if your losing.

6. Why do I care? Cause I don't like bookies. Also, I'm too damn old to play ball anymore and this is another form of being a member of a team. I like to help and have some extra time on my hands. Follow these steps and your betting life will become much more simple.

It wouldn't hurt to follow meatman until he cools off either. Guy is unconscious! Good luck bro, I hope you figure stuff out!

TDP

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Everyone has their own take. Here is mine. I agree with alot of what has been said here, but not all. Keep in mind that baseball plays virtually everyday for 6 months. Everyone has both winning and losing streaks to one extent or another. Anyone who says different is either lying or does not know any better. As far as you playing many games and not making much profit I would suggest this. Try and limit your games to between two and four per day. If you play more on somedays for whatever reason fine. Once in a while is okay. Try playing your stronger plays for a liitle more. If this does not work for you(You lose your big ones and hit your small ones) then start playing them all the same. Keep this in mind. Never get to high over a good day or to low over a bad one. Bad days and even weeks will happen, it is set up that way. There is no getting around it. It is a long year and the object is to win more in your good streaks than you lose in your bad ones. stressing out over what happens is bad for you and will either make you misearable or worse kill you. Make a plan, stick to that plan come hell or high water, AND DO NOT STRESS OVER YESTERDAY. Have faith that your plan will carry you through the rough days. Set you amounts to play based on your bankroll and nothing else. I do not play parlays in other sports, but will play one on occasion in baseball. I play mostly favorites(which most people disagree with) and do okay. There are several ways, but consistency to your plan including moneymanagement based on your bankroll is the key. GOOD LUCK AND SUCCESS THIS SEASON...

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Keven and TDP: I agree with the both of you are saying. I feel the guy is calling Raymond out and I think it's BS. It's a shame that some good posts are getting wasted in a thread this chitty. I have 0 tolerance for somebody calling another PARTNER out like this!! ....i feel better now
biggrin.gif

TDP

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Gatorbait, I see what you are saying and if this is the case he is wrong. We are all here to help each other and putting down anyone is counter productive. Everyone(new or old to betting) deserves respect. Raymond has proven himself over time and deserves respect without question. My post was only intended to help and I hope it does help varsity blues. But bashing anyone should not and cannot be tollerated. There are other much less respected forums for that out there...

Kevin

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 19, 1999
www.predictem.com
I thought he gave props to raymond saying he appreciated his picks but didn't win betting them signifying this guy has a loot management problem. I guess its all in how you interpret the post. I also have no idea what varisty's posting history has been like so not sure if he was banging Raymond or not.

------------------

Bet on MyBookie