Is anybody winning

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
ray plays 2 or 3 stright bets then does 2stight bets and if bets them to 2 if parlays not even close to what his stright bets are.so if he hits the stright bets the parlays donot put him in the hole by going 6-1,i know this for a fact and he does make money that way,hell its only 25 games in,come back at the end of the year if you want to complain. and you need to do what works for you not someone else,hell you would have to be crazy to take the chances i take at times and that works for me and thats all i care about.

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Kosar, I've read this thread a couple of times. I recall you saying at one time I was harsh
biggrin.gif
. I may be guilty of it here again as I couldn't find a bad post from blues, but I still stand by the fact he's calling him out. I've been wrong before!!...as you all know. I need to move on and pick these games apart
wink.gif
GL to everyone!!!

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
LOL-

Gator,

I think that you missed my point. It was a bit of an oblique self-depreciating joke.

I'll probably be up there with Barfly a week from Friday. If you can arrange it to come out with us, i'll explain it to you.
smile.gif

BTW-try to remember the context and what was going on when I called you 'harsh'. Then you might get the 'joke', vague as it was.

pnanda

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2000
usa
Varsity Blues, it seems you don't have the bankroll to play with as Raymond does. Raymond, I believe started out with a much bigger bankroll and can continue on, even through the tough times. If I were you, I would lower my wagers or find a different person to follow. As many people have mentioned, the key to betting is money management. If you are going to follow someone, be prepared for the good as well as the bad times. Playing parlays is not advisable unless you have a budget just for that. GL.

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
This has been an interesting thread. Lots of good ideas . . . and bad manners . . . have been displayed.

This is my 18th year to play MLB and I can say whithout doubt that baseball offers the best opportunity to make money in sports wagering, but it is never easy. It took me over ten of those 18 years to discover the value in flat betting every game for the same amount of money. It is the only thing that has consistently worked for me. I have tried to do % of BR and that wasn't too bad, but rating plays and stepping out on big games killed me over the years . . . both financially and mentally or emotionally.

I personally have found success in playing puppies about 95% of the time and flat betting every game for the same amount.

What works for one person may not work for another, but I think just about everyone will tell you that betting favorites in baseball from now until the last 30 games of the season will kill you in the long run.

Find those barking dogs and flat bet them and you can make money.

Good luck.

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Kosar.....
smile.gif
I know man.....I thought it may help here as well if I referenced here
biggrin.gif

I'll definately hook up with you guys as I only have 2 days left of corporate America!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Gatorbait (edited 05-02-2001).]

Junior44

Forum Member
Dec 2, 1999
San Diego, CA
I'm a big believer in (basically) wagering the same amount on each game and have addressed that many times in this forum. So, I won't bring that up again. Also, I don't believe in limiting your plays to a certain amount of games a day. By doing this, you are essentially measuring your success (or failure) day-to-day. This is a cardinal mistake made my most sports bettors. In my view, a play either has value or it does not have value. If it does, I bet it. If it doesn't, I do not. If I happen to find 10 plays in one day that I perceive as having value, then I play 10 plays. If I don't find a single one for 3 days, then I don't wager.

Another reason why people are not successful in baseball, as mentioned, is betting favorites (or, at least too many) But, I'm gonna put a different spin on it. When betting a dog in bases, you are making a wager knowing full well that chances are it is going to lose. For instance, last night I took Seattle +205 against Pedro. When I made this wager, I knew full well my chances of losing this bet were greater than winning it. And it did lose. But, give me this same opportunity 100 times, and I'll be sitting with a pile of loot. This whole concept takes us back to the principle: you can't meaure success in bases short-term. In bases, you have to be able to belly-up and make a wager knowing the chances of winning the wager are less than 50%. Alot of people can't do this, and it's understandable. It's difficult to train your mind to think in that light. It SEEMS much more comforting to lay -190 and know that you're probably going to win it. At THAT PARTICLAR time, it is. In the long-run, it is not. You'll bust. Pick your spots with the favorites and take a shot at certain dogs. It is not at all uncommon for a guy to finish a season with a record of less than .500 yet still be + a ton of units.

Neemer

Forum Member
Aug 24, 1999
Bluegrass!
And keep in mind, during baseball season you can actually lose more games than you win and still have a VERY profitable year...

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Do all of the above, then pray. Or pick one idea and ride it. Do not try what Ray and Fletch do unless your balls are big enough to take the heat. Im just starting bases. By that I mean capping my own. I never start til first week May. Thats just me I like to get a feal. Heck B B season is forever. Im also very busy this time of year. But I have come to trust what Ray and Fletch do. So I been stealing there picks. Sorry guys been lazy. If your money out you did something wrong.

Bet on MyBookie