Is it just me or...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Juu3

Forum Member
does Texas @ -14 look really good? I don't know much about Missouri but after looking at this line I had the same feeling I did last week when I saw V.T. @ -11', which ended up covering after the first few minutes!

Need a little input about Missouri--

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dice34

Off parole
Forum Member
Dec 18, 2004
D.O.C.
I think the line last year was 14 and the game was @ Texas but Missouri covered losing 28-20.

This year, Mizzou, has put the offense back in SR. QB Brad Smith's hands and more importantly his legs. They spread out the linemen and run shovel passes, options, and rollout passes. Brad Smith's stats after playing Ark. St., New Mexico and Troy: 748 passing yds 6tds 2ints, 54 rush att, 339yds 4tds. SO basically their offense is him.

Texas and Missouri rank about the same as far as Offense goes after 3 games but the Defenses are the biggest difference. Missouri is giving up 27.7 pts(45 to New Mexico).

Missouri does get their #1 receiver back this week, Sean Coffey who's been out since the opener with a shoulder injury.

Also, Texas might not even be looking at this game. I'm sure they are licking their chops at their opponent for next week. Yup, Oklahoma is on deck. This is not a game I would bet the farm on.

Both teams are coming in off byes..... I feel Missouri comes in and plays with something to prove and Texas does enough just to get by and gear up for next week.

Last edited:

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
TX last three games before Oklahoma : 2004 Baylor 44-14 did not cover the 40 / 2003 Kan ST 24-20 did not cover the 6 / 2002 0k ST 17-15 did not cover the 24.5 ...... As Buddy would say. Hmmm ?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
What do you like about that slow tame Penn St (D) ? Watched the game last wk and was happy to see Joe Pa get the win but they are not going to get many more this year. They have a slim chance against this MIN team that has won the last two from them. It's a step up in class from here.

Juu3

Forum Member
yeah, I have to agree with you z but I just like the way they one last week. I like the mo they have but Minny probably has the emotion!

Last but not least, my BAMA @ +4

not really asking your opinion on this one because I've already laid it down but I would like to see what you fellas thought. Roll Tide!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
you are right, the way they won last wk could be a big boost,just don't think they have the talent to carry it forward. NW made them look slow. Two very good & hot cappers that I follow like your BAMA this wk.

BuffaloBill

Forum Member
Aug 15, 2004
I think Teaxas rolls Missouri.

Missouri sucks, they lost at home to new Mex. by ten. They were favored by ten in that one.

They will not be able to stop Vince young at all.

Missouri may put about 20 points, but when Texas puts up about 40 points, it won't matter.

I think Texas wins by about 20 points. So, they should cover that number, but they could let up something late, and could give Missouri the back door cover.

I still would take Texas in this one.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
I don't think any game before Ok is a slam dunk for Mr. Brown. Even thou TX looks to have the edge on OK this yr, I'll bet he has Oklahoma on the mind .

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
Juu3 said:
yeah, I have to agree with you z but I just like the way they one last week. I like the mo they have but Minny probably has the emotion!

Last but not least, my BAMA @ +4

not really asking your opinion on this one because I've already laid it down but I would like to see what you fellas thought. Roll Tide!

Just some stats to consider:

Bama is 4-12 last 16 SEC games, 2-11 vs last 13 ranked teams (1 of the wins vs #25 so miss), and only 11-7 last 18 @ home

Florida is 10-6 last 16 on the rd with wins vs FSU, LSU, Tenn, and Georgia twice

Lee

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I think PSU is the play. Minny just beat Purdue in an OT emotional comback win. Different track here and PSU has the dee to play w/ Minny's offense. PSU's QB is a work in progress but I think Minny's dee has to many holes and PSU wins outright!!

Juu3

Forum Member
I knew that Bama call would get some action!

Hey Black, I like all the info you got there but it doesn't matter when it comes to Bama. The only reason we look so bad on paper, well, number one, because we were, and number two because we've had nothing but a shit storm the last few years, however, you boyz know the story so no reason to go into it.

Well, you heard it here, BAMA wins so take the points. :mj14:

INtheBLUE

Orgn Donor
Forum Member
Aug 30, 2005
Birmingham
Lee said:
I think PSU is the play. Minny just beat Purdue in an OT emotional comback win. Different track here and PSU has the dee to play w/ Minny's offense. PSU's QB is a work in progress but I think Minny's dee has to many holes and PSU wins outright!!

Yep, Minny had and emotional OT win against the 12th ranked team in the country. Penn St had an emotional come-from behind win in the last minute against N'western!

HMMnnn!

Edge Minny.

INtheBLUE

Orgn Donor
Forum Member
Aug 30, 2005
Birmingham
Over the last 13 years, Alabama has been a horrible team against the spread. Especially over the last 3 seasons.

But 2 things:
1. I capped this game at dead even so that means 7 points either way.

2. Stupid trend of the week. - Every Florida game that I have been to where they were favored, they have lost straight up. I am going to this game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Texas

Texas

I think Texas wins this big. USC has been setting the score board on fire and I think Texas will want to keep up and remain number two; Longhorns coming off a bye and will want to stayed toned for next week's Red River Shootout. Stop Smith and the Missouri offense collapses. Brown thinks Texas will be at the big dance and will take no chances with a team that gave them fits last year.
Texas -14 Regular bet
Best Wishes
Devil Dog

Dice34

Off parole
Forum Member
Dec 18, 2004
D.O.C.
I hate PSU and I like Maroney(hes on my fantasy team). But last week was last week. Something feels irky about this game. Michael Robinson, well hes reason enough not lay money on PSU. But Cupito(Minny QB) away might even be worse. They're not indoors, the turf is slower which plays in Penn States favor with the pulling center and guards from Minny. If Penn State can contain(not stop) the run they have a great shot of covering the measley 1 or 1.5.

NW QB Brett Basanez is hands and feet down better that Cupito. Minny's Wrs are tall and slow and put them on grass now. Minny last year in conference play was 0-4 on the road, avg. margin of defeat 17.5 pts.

I would love nothing more than to see Minny win 45-0. But that won't happen. Happy Valley will continue to be happy for one more week.