Is Mayweather/Mosley a DONE deal?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Appreciate it if anybody can answer the above question. I know boxrec has it listed but that doesn't make it official. If it is a done deal, how does everybody see it?

I like Money to outspeed and move, move, move over the course for a 116-112 ud.

pfj

Forum Member
May 9, 2009
Appreciate it if anybody can answer the above question. I know boxrec has it listed but that doesn't make it official. If it is a done deal, how does everybody see it?

I like Money to outspeed and move, move, move over the course for a 116-112 ud.

Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Jr. have agreed to terms for a welterweight super fight, Mayweather adviser Leonard Ellerbe said Friday. Later Friday, Mosley signed his contract in Las Vegas, Mosley's attorney Judd Burstein told ESPN.com.

"Shane has signed. I sat with him [Friday] and we went through every provision of the contract and he signed," Burstein said. "He is excited to move forward with the bout."

Mosley will defend his welterweight title against Mayweather on May 1 on HBO PPV at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
depends on which "sugar" shows up

depends on which "sugar" shows up

If Shane comes enters the fight in Margarito shape and juiced to the max, he may just run Floyd out of the ring.

But if Mosley comes in flat, in Luis Collazo or Jose Luis Cruz shape than crazy lil' Floyd might have his way.

But if I know Shane, he'll do what he has to do for the big one.

:0corn :0corn :0corn :0corn

I hope the jacked, diesel one shows up and gives Floyd a shellacking.

:142smilie :142smilie :mj07: :mj07:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
How is Shane an okay opponent since he is an admitted roid user and Pac wasn't a okay opponent? :shrug:

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Shane agreed to olympic style testing (random). Pac didn't.

You just know Mayweather is going to have those fuckers around Shane 24/7. They'll be those 90 year old guys in the suits; the same dudes that are out with the Track and field athletes in the most prestigious events.

You know, the guys that measure the shot put, pull the starter pistol's and check the sprinter's in the starting gates. Shane is going to get pretty damn sick of that shit soon after it begins.

Are they going to do an HBO 24/7 for this fight? That should be pretty damn hilarious if they do.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
These are the guys that will be testing Shane

These are the guys that will be testing Shane

footballteam.jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
You just know Mayweather is going to have those fuckers around Shane 24/7. They'll be those 90 year old guys in the suits; the same dudes that are out with the Track and field athletes in the most prestigious events.

You know, the guys that measure the shot put, pull the starter pistol's and check the sprinter's in the starting gates. Shane is going to get pretty damn sick of that shit soon after it begins.

Are they going to do an HBO 24/7 for this fight? That should be pretty damn hilarious if they do.

it would be quite unfair for Mosley to be tested any more often than Fraud. Won't they be tested equally?

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
it would be quite unfair for Mosley to be tested any more often than Fraud. Won't they be tested equally?

Presumably you would think so. But I have a hunch "Money" is going to make things difficult and in spite of his pronouncements for fair play I have a have a sense he'll be the one pulling the strings on the drug testing.

Look what he did to Marquez with the weigh-in issue. That was complete bullshit. He's as phony and disingenuous as they come.

He doesn't care about boxing, the state of the sport or drug testing for the sport or drug testing for all sports like he claims.

He only cares about Floyd, nothing more. Everything else is just sanctimonious bullshit. The people that don't understand that are the same one's that said OJ was innocent.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
I like this fight, just hopefully it goes off and Floyd doesn't come up with something else to get out of it. Heres to hoping Mosley whooopppsss his ASS.

jr11

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I like this fight, just hopefully it goes off and Floyd doesn't come up with something else to get out of it. Heres to hoping Mosley whooopppsss his ASS.

jr11

:00x15 :00x15 :00x15 :00x15 :00x15

The only reason a Floyd win would be good is because then Pacquiao would be the first to kick the shit out of him.

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
Presumably you would think so. But I have a hunch "Money" is going to make things difficult and in spite of his pronouncements for fair play I have a have a sense he'll be the one pulling the strings on the drug testing.

Look what he did to Marquez with the weigh-in issue. That was complete bullshit. He's as phony and disingenuous as they come.

He doesn't care about boxing, the state of the sport or drug testing for the sport or drug testing for all sports like he claims.

He only cares about Floyd, nothing more. Everything else is just sanctimonious bullshit. The people that don't understand that are the same one's that said OJ was innocent.

As you may gather from my previous posts, I'm in 100% agreement with you and couldn't have worded it any better than you just did. What he pulled on Marquez, a fighter that he had every advantage over in the first place was disgusting. And now this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4880645&name=rafael_dan

Even if he does sign, the piece of shite just had to make things difficult becaue of cours all roads lead thru Floyd Money Mayweather. Couldn't be a worse pioneer for the sport, but if you check out youtube, even the street thugs are turning on him.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007

you'll like this one

http://www.nowboxing.com/2010/02/just-how-naive-can-these-so-called-boxing-scribes-be/7877/

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
@Kramden:
I agree, if the Mosley from the Margo fight shows up, Money will be in trouble.

But I dont see it...

Mosley is getting up in age, he's been inactive, and I dont know if the drug testing (Mosley performance against Margo was indeed surprisingly good) will have some effect.

Money UD!

He really seems to pick the good guys that he fights at the right time...

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Margarito was took out of his element before the fight even started ... :mj07:
Mosley hasn't looked good in ages and this win aint worth crap against Margarito who was probably thinking of any possible excuse about his loaded gloves than the fight itself . :142smilie

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Margarito was took out of his element before the fight even started ... :mj07:
Mosley hasn't looked good in ages and this win aint worth crap against Margarito who was probably thinking of any possible excuse about his loaded gloves than the fight itself . :142smilie

makes you wonder whether margarito was a somewhat bogus pfp guy....i mean,he`s tough as nails,no doubt...but he`s very limited with the wide hooks and stuff...he`s not quick...

he takes much punishment in every fight...

you have to wonder whether some of the damage that he inflicted on guys was due to the plaster of paris mitts.....

nobody really knows how long that`d been going on....

that`s why i`m a tad skeptical about manny...noot trying to start anything,but,everybody`s looking for an edge...even mosely was linked to balco....

it`s really crazy out there...who knows wth people are doing to gain that advantage...when you`re talking world class fighters,sometimes i little advantage can be enough to tip the scales...:shrug:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

60 SEC ASSASSIN

Forum Member
Jun 7, 2002
Hollywood, CA
Looks like Mosley's attorney just confirmed with the LA Times that Mayweather has finally signed the contract.

So what kinda line should we expect?

My prediction is that Floyd outslicks Mosley and makes him look really old. Floyd by UD. :SIB

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Looks like Mosley's attorney just confirmed with the LA Times that Mayweather has finally signed the contract.

So what kinda line should we expect?

My prediction is that Floyd outslicks Mosley and makes him look really old. Floyd by UD. :SIB

i tend to agree at first blush....

unfortunately there are lines up and floyd is around the low -200`s...