Jeter is Unbelievable...

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
I can't understand how anyone can say this guy is over-rated. Did you see those career post season stats they showed on fox. Ri-Dic-U-Lous!!!:scared

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
Goodness. Enough about the Yanks, they have been favorites the last 5 seasons, yet they havn't won a WS. I'm still not convinced they can even beat the Tigers, if a few things went differently, particulary Pudge's AB with runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs in the 2nd inning, if he hits a ball to the gap and the Tigers go up 2-0 nothing, this would have been a completely different ball game. The Tigers have one more chance to steal a game in New York, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it off.

If you want to continue riding Jeter's jock strap, go to a Yankee message board, you will find plenty more riders.

By the way Jeter is the MVP of the Yankees.

Not the league.

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
put your $$ where your mouth is,detroit is a joke.[
15 -2 going into 4 game series at home vs yanks they lost 3 srt8 remember that?
played yanks 7 times this year and won twice ,if you expect them to win 3 out of 5 your on crack

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
haha. they haven't won the world series in 5 seasons, not 50.

And If you want to stop hearing about the yankees coming to a sports gaming message board in October probably isn't the best place for you.

And who is the MVP, Joey Mauer? 0-3 yesterday when it really counted. Real MVP's produce when it really matters.

Last edited:

Doctorwho

Forum Member
Jun 21, 2006
Jersey
KG

KG

"IF the Queen had balls she'd be the King" Pudge's at bat is a perfect example of how good the Yankees are! Wang has pitched like that all year, has anyone notice this kids record?...Guess not!!!

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005
If Jeter had more games like that in the regular season maybe he would have numbers to make a valid claim for MVP. The numbers don't lie.

Morneau 321 average, 130 rbi, 34 hr, 375 obp, 559 slugging
Jeter 343 average, 97 rbi, 14 hr, 417 obp, 483 slugging

Morneau led the league in two out rbi's.

In regards to Mauer the best hitter in baseball who also plays the most physically demanding postiion on the field, he batted 450 when he was the dh this year. Think how bad he would have beat Jeter in the batting title if he wasn't a catcher. When the batting title was on the line what did Jeter do 1-5?

I would take the porter house steak on the top over the
t-bone steak on the bottom.

I actually like Jeter as a player, he seems very classy and the Yankees are lucky to have him represent their organization but his numbers are not better this year, it isn't a life time acheivement award, it is who is the most valueable player. Jeter's offensive numbers are not better and he is a middle of the road defensive player. He had much better offensive players batting behind him. Which should correlate to better offensive numbers because you can't pitch around him. Morneau had Jason Kuebel batting behind him for half the year. I don't even think he made the playoff roster for the Twins.

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005
If they are so good why did they win just 2 more games than Detroit on the season? They probably won those 2 extra games because of an easier schedule. The Amercian League east was statistically the weakest of the three divisions. The weighed schedule had the Yankees playing more games against the weak east therefore more wins.

Once agian the numbers don't lie. Try to back things with facts please.

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
If they are so good why did they win just 2 more games than Detroit on the season? They probably won those 2 extra games because of an easier schedule. The Amercian League east was statistically the weakest of the three divisions. The weighed schedule had the Yankees playing more games against the weak east therefore more wins.

Well I guess we'll see which team is better. And its not the games you win in april, may and june (a la the tigers) that really matter. Its the ones you win in Ocotber that count.

And lets not forget how many injuries the Yankees had this season.

Last edited:

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast

if you actually think the tigers 2 less wins than the yankees in the reg season means anything ,you must not know how to look at #s.stats are just #s they dont tell the whole story.
yankees won the div with 2 months left in the season ,its in cruise control after that.
when the tigers got into must win situations they showed how good they really are.
yankees are not only 2 games better but are alot better than the tigers ,if you dont know this you cant comprehend what your watching.
according to you vegas line makers must be idiots for making the yanks -300 to win the series.
actually they are off with the line ,like i sais before it should be -400
im not hating on the tigers,i actually was rooting for them most of the year.how bad they were a few seasons ago(one of the worst records ever)and now a solid team in the playoffs with alot of the same players says alot..anything can happen ,thats why they play the game,but to put money on the tigers is crazy,no matter what their record is....btw so much for your great div ,2 teams in 1st 2 teams out.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
jeter is the mvp of the american league.

travis hafner would get my vote before justin morneau. he's far more valuable to the indians than morneau is to the twins.

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
jeter is the mvp of the american league.

travis hafner would get my vote before justin morneau. he's far more valuable to the indians than morneau is to the twins.

What about David Ortiz then? The guy is a monster, without him in that line-up this year, the Red Sox would have been fighting Baltimore for 3rd place. What did he win like 8 or 9 game single handedly with game winning hits?

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
Jeter is a spectacular player, probably the best overall player in the MLB. But if you take Jeter out of that line-up, you can just slide A-Rod into SS, where he is actually better anyways. And the Yanks would still be a great team, you take Ortiz off the Red Sox and they finish under .500.

My vote goes to Ortiz.

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
this vote should be done after the playoffs .fuk the guys on chit teams.who cares if your team sukks and you do good.
but,its not.so you definatly have to consider ortiz,this fat fukker is just as clutch as jeter.it would be nice though to see it in the postseason.

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
We all know how clutch Ortiz is in the playoffs anyways.

The point I am trying to make is without Ortiz the Red Sox would be a far worse team, just his game winning hits alone accounts for 8 or 9 W's.

Jeter is a hall of famer and going to go down as one of the greatest to ever play this game, but that team is so stacked, and the truth of the matter is even if he goes out with an injury, you slide A-Rod to SS and you don't lose much. The Yanks would still be a great team.

Red Sox not so much without Ortiz. That makes him MVP.

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
red sox have a pretty solid lineup also,rameriz ortiz is probably the best 1 2 puch in the league..due to the redsox slide and ortiz missinf a few games and no other star power canidates i think they gave it to jeter.

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
red sox have a pretty solid lineup also,rameriz ortiz is probably the best 1 2 puch in the league..due to the redsox slide and ortiz missinf a few games and no other star power canidates i think they gave it to jeter.

I was not making my comments on regards to who will actually be selected for the MVP. Regardless I feel Ortiz is more valuable to his team then Jeter is to his, not because he is a better player, because he is not, but because without him the Red Sox are significantly worse. As for the Yankees without Jeter they would still be a very good team.

Jeter will still probably get it this year. And he is a very deserving cadidate. This will add to his legacy.

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets

Also other then Ramirez, they have nothing. Manny didn't have his best year either.

I think we can all agree the NL MVP is Albert Pujols, hands down. His numbers are incredible and he missed a month of the season, without him the Cardinals are not only not in the playoffs but their fighting Milawaukee for 4th place in their division.

Big Nasty D

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Pittsburgh
Ortiz gets the short end again because he doesn't play the field. Agree you could fill in Jeter's spot on the Yanks if he was absent easier than Ortiz's but that's only on paper when it comes down to it. Can be argued it's easier to fill in a DH than it would be to fill in for Jeter considering what he brings to the field. Both are as valuble as they come with leadershiip in the clubhouse.

Looking at the game winning hits by Ortiz is solid, but when it comes down to clutch time Jeter: This year, the argument about who is better in critical situations isn't so clear-cut; Jeter is hitting
.367 with men on base, .381 with runners in scoring position this year and I believe over .300 from the seventh inning on. Hard to beat that and hard to argue against that and it's value to a team overall.

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
if you actually think the tigers 2 less wins than the yankees in the reg season means anything ,you must not know how to look at #s.stats are just #s they dont tell the whole story.
yankees won the div with 2 months left in the season ,its in cruise control after that.
when the tigers got into must win situations they showed how good they really are.
yankees are not only 2 games better but are alot better than the tigers ,if you dont know this you cant comprehend what your watching.
according to you vegas line makers must be idiots for making the yanks -300 to win the series.
im not hating on the tigers,i actually was rooting for them most of the year.how bad they were a few seasons ago(one of the worst records ever)and now a solid team in the playoffs with alot of the same players says alot..anything can happen ,thats why they play the game,but to put money on the tigers is crazy,no matter what their record is....btw so much for your great div ,2 teams in 1st 2 teams out.

Tigers are in a great spot now eh Moe? They go home 1-1 to a pumped up crowd and get to face the injured Randy Johnson. Like their chances now.

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005

Either you are bad with numbers or your memory isn't very good. They Yankees won the division with two months to go and were on cruise control. Lets see on Aug 1, two months to go in the season the Yankees were tied for first in the east. I guess any baseball expert would say at that point it is a guarantee we make the playoffs. Hey guys just go through the motions the next two months.

Jeter today

First inning throwing error
First inning bunt trying to advance Damon, Pop out to catcher
Second inning 2 on 2 out weak ground ball to ss
4th inning 2 out double
7th inning struck out

Step Up MVP Canidate

Bet on MyBookie