Jeter is Unbelievable...

Doctorwho

Forum Member
Jun 21, 2006
Jersey
Are you kidding me Star & KG?

Are you kidding me Star & KG?

The Yanks hitting got shut down by the Det's pitching. And our pitching was horrendous & Det's bats took advantage!!

Props to the Tigers........but at the end of the day the Yanks will be moving ahead to face the A's!!

Lastly Jeter is still going to be MVP of the American League!!

But please keep on Hating Star & KG.. the more the better!!!!

Doc

KG5678

Payback
Forum Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mean Streets
The Yanks hitting got shut down by the Det's pitching. And our pitching was horrendous & Det's bats took advantage!!

Props to the Tigers........but at the end of the day the Yanks will be moving ahead to face the A's!!

Doc

WTF? Who was hating, Moe was the one who said the Tigers were a joke. Now it's 1-1 going into Detroit, with Randy Johnson on the mound, a big question mark for the Yankees. Bonderman isn't exactly lights out for the Tigers either though. We will see. The Tigers are in a really good spot, they did what they came to New York to do and steal a game and bring it back home.

The Yankees are no lock my friend. If RJ struggles early and that middle relief comes in, Proctor, Lidle and Farnsworth, Tigers go up 2-1.

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005

Doc

Its not the Yankees I hate, I hate the baseball system of no cap and the Yankee organization being the biggest abuser of it and what is even worse is the Yankee fans bragging about winning with a payroll 40% larger than the next largest in the majors. Its like have a car race and the other cars hare toyota camry's and you have a corvette and then thinking you are a better driver becasue you made it around the track faster. With a $200 miilion dollar payroll were you not expecting to make the playoffs?

I like Jeter, I have said it before and will say it again. I just don't think he had the best numbers to be the MVP. Take Jeter out of the potent Yankee lineup and it is still potent. What do the Yankee fans think they win if he is not there all year, 70,80, 90 games? I would guess 90 and they still make the playoffs. Without Morneau I would ventur to guess Minnesota wins 15 games less and doesn't make the playoffs.

The thing the rest of the teams have going for them is the Yankees spend $200 million a year and haven't figured out yet that pitching wins championship, like every other sport defense is there week in and week out. Great pitching will beat great hitting every time.

Detroit didn't play well down the stretch, but the playoffs are a clean start. Detroit fought back in game one and didn't win, they come back and win game two and now have home field advantage. Randy Johnson is a huge question mark for game three. He has been an average pitcher at best on the year, just look at his era. Detroit winning this series would not surprise me at all, It sure as hell would make my day. Then I could focus my attention on Notre Dame losing another game to assure they can't win the national title in football.

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
WTF? Who was hating, Moe was the one who said the Tigers were a joke. Now it's 1-1 going into Detroit, with Randy Johnson on the mound, a big question mark for the Yankees. Bonderman isn't exactly lights out for the Tigers either though. We will see. The Tigers are in a really good spot, they did what they came to New York to do and steal a game and bring it back home.

The Yankees are no lock my friend. If RJ struggles early and that middle relief comes in, Proctor, Lidle and Farnsworth, Tigers go up 2-1.

i still love my chances,i never said the yankees would sweep,and it might even go 5,but i will be shocked if the yankees lose this series.if you look who the yankees have been bounced out of the playoffs by in the last few years ,in my opinion those teams(angels,redsox)are alot better than this detroit team.im risking some erious juice right now but im not nervous at all...yet.
ny middle relief does suck right now,but i just dont think the tigers are good enough to win this.

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
Its not the Yankees I hate, I hate the baseball system of no cap and the Yankee organization being the biggest abuser of it and what is even worse is the Yankee fans bragging about winning with a payroll 40% larger than the next largest in the majors. Its like have a car race and the other cars hare toyota camry's and you have a corvette and then thinking you are a better driver becasue you made it around the track faster. With a $200 miilion dollar payroll were you not expecting to make the playoffs?

I like Jeter, I have said it before and will say it again. I just don't think he had the best numbers to be the MVP. Take Jeter out of the potent Yankee lineup and it is still potent. What do the Yankee fans think they win if he is not there all year, 70,80, 90 games? I would guess 90 and they still make the playoffs. Without Morneau I would ventur to guess Minnesota wins 15 games less and doesn't make the playoffs.

The thing the rest of the teams have going for them is the Yankees spend $200 million a year and haven't figured out yet that pitching wins championship, like every other sport defense is there week in and week out. Great pitching will beat great hitting every time.

Detroit didn't play well down the stretch, but the playoffs are a clean start. Detroit fought back in game one and didn't win, they come back and win game two and now have home field advantage. Randy Johnson is a huge question mark for game three. He has been an average pitcher at best on the year, just look at his era. Detroit winning this series would not surprise me at all, It sure as hell would make my day. Then I could focus my attention on Notre Dame losing another game to assure they can't win the national title in football.

payroll doesnt guarantee championships.or even making the playoffs,just look at the other high payroll teams that havent even been close to making the playoffs the last 10 years..the yankees best players are ,for the most part homegrown players..are best pitcher wang,mariano,jeter,posada(bernie past)up and coming cano ,melky,payroll helps no doubt but you still have to win..baltimoe,bluejays redsox,angels,whitesox very high payroll teams not in the playoffs...yankees 9 straight div titles is still very impresive no matter what the payroll.

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005
Well I guess we'll see which team is better. And its not the games you win in april, may and june (a la the tigers) that really matter. Its the ones you win in Ocotber that count.

And lets not forget how many injuries the Yankees had this season.

You are correct, its the ones in October that count. :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

The Motto

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2006
Had some novels in there, trimmed to skin through all but wanted to make a point (hopefully not a repeat).

How can an MVP bat 5th in a lineup?

Morneau bats behind Michael Cuddyer. Cuddyer had a career year and was great for fantasy teams, but Morneau can't handle batting 4th.

Everytime they think he's ready to be "the guy", he chokes and slumps like a dog in the cleanup spot.

That's your MVP?

I read this as well and I agre that I would have Hafner ahead of him. His numbers were rediculous and it's a shame he was out for September.

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005
Had some novels in there, trimmed to skin through all but wanted to make a point (hopefully not a repeat).

How can an MVP bat 5th in a lineup?

Morneau bats behind Michael Cuddyer. Cuddyer had a career year and was great for fantasy teams, but Morneau can't handle batting 4th.

Everytime they think he's ready to be "the guy", he chokes and slumps like a dog in the cleanup spot.

That's your MVP?

I read this as well and I agre that I would have Hafner ahead of him. His numbers were rediculous and it's a shame he was out for September.

Where he bats is more of a function of his team not his production. It set up real well to go lefty, righty, lefty, righty in the lineup. Mauer, Cudyer, Morneau, Hunter. Just look at his production and him batting fifth just adds to the arguement becasue the number four hitter should have first crack at the rbi's. Cudy numbers are way better because he bats between Mauer and Morneau. Didn't check Hafner's numbers compared to Morneau's but if your team finishes fourth in the division you better have walk on water numbers to win it.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Didn't check Hafner's numbers compared to Morneau's but if your team finishes fourth in the division you better have walk on water numbers to win it.

gotta think youre well aware of just how good hafner is considering you follow another al central team. the guy carried the indians on his back for the last two seasons. the point isnt that a guy on a 4th place team deserves to win. rather, its that he was more valuable and more productive for the indians than morneau was to the twins. and if you want to talk about someone who is clutch and can carry a team -- he can do it. his hot streaks the last two seasons were ridiculous. the problem is that he was playing alongside some unmotivated pieces of dogshit this year in cleveland. btw -- i still cant understand how morneau is getting all the mvp hype when mauer is the best player on the team.

Northern Star

Forum Member
May 9, 2005
gotta think youre well aware of just how good hafner is considering you follow another al central team. the guy carried the indians on his back for the last two seasons. the point isnt that a guy on a 4th place team deserves to win. rather, its that he was more valuable and more productive for the indians than morneau was to the twins. and if you want to talk about someone who is clutch and can carry a team -- he can do it. his hot streaks the last two seasons were ridiculous. the problem is that he was playing alongside some unmotivated pieces of dogshit this year in cleveland. btw -- i still cant understand how morneau is getting all the mvp hype when mauer is the best player on the team.

Hafner is a great player for Cleveland to build around and he always is a thorn in the Twins side. I expected Cleveland as a team to do much better this year, especially the way they ended 2005. Their pitching let them down and they faded fast.

Mauer numbers were very very similar to Jeter's numbers across the board, average, home runs, rbi (think Jeter had more off the top of my head). Mauer has stated that he thinks Morneau was the MVP of the Twins.

If you check offensive numbers there is no doubt Morneau's numbers are better than Jeter's. Ther is also no doubt in my mind that Jeter will win, with ESPN touting it since about the end of June.

Bet on MyBookie