just going to say this about Memphis

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
I am ashamed of myself for putting money on a team that takes care of the ball this poorly. I stand by my take that UCLA is basically a joke.. Memphis has played horrible and their utter disregard for taking care of the ball is ridiculous.. congrats to anyone who did not put money on this team as you were smarter than i am.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
ysg3 said:
I am ashamed of myself for putting money on a team that takes care of the ball this poorly. I stand by my take that UCLA is basically a joke.. Memphis has played horrible and their utter disregard for taking care of the ball is ridiculous.. congrats to anyone who did not put money on this team as you were smarter than i am.

UCLA is NOT a joke. Yes, they looked awful in this game but they are a very good team and there is a great chance they will be playing for the national title.

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
Really not about winning and losing for me.. Just disappointed that i would back a team that is this poorly coached/players have low basketball IQ.. my thinking was that this is mostly a play against UCLA as they have continued to be unimpressive in their run to the final 4, but apparently they did just enough to get there. Thinking LSU exposes them, but by no means is that anything near a lock.

Bottom line: no value in betting a team that is this young and this poorly disciplined this late in the tourney.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
have to disagree here with you glenn. Good coach, phenomenal point guard, a lot of better teams out there. Remember they shouldnt even be around right now.. not saying they dont deserve it, but they should feel extremely fortunate that Gonzaga imploded!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Unicorn

Forum Member
Jan 19, 2001
Gahanna, OH USA
Agree completely. Memphis was completely rattled the whole game. Calipari looked as rattled as his players. Great to see when you have several heads of cabbage on them.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
ysg3 said:
have to disagree here with you glenn. Good coach, phenomenal point guard, a lot of better teams out there. Remember they shouldnt even be around right now.. not saying they dont deserve it, but they should feel extremely fortunate that Gonzaga imploded!

Fair enough. That's a valid point. They should have lost that game. I was just saying I don't think it's fair to say they're a joke. I'll be the first to admit that some of their wins can be ugly at times, but they seem to always find a way to get it done. Memphis looked like crap today, but here's the thing... a lot of teams that play UCLA end up looking like crap because they play such good D.

tcon142

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2005
Black Hills
that's what you get with a players coach...undisciplined streetballs and no counter when the talent level raises

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
Glenn Quagmire said:
Fair enough. That's a valid point. They should have lost that game. I was just saying I don't think it's fair to say they're a joke. I'll be the first to admit that some of their wins can be ugly at times, but they seem to always find a way to get it done. Memphis looked like crap today, but here's the thing... a lot of teams that play UCLA end up looking like crap because they play such good D.
UCLA had good defense tonight and much better than i expected out of them. But if you think 1 gangly 7 ft avg center caused Memphis to mis double digit layups you are wrong.
Or if you think the stellar perimeter d caused memphis to go 1 of 16 from 3 you are wrong.
Or if you think Ucla caused Memphis to dribble the ball of their foot every other possesion you are wrong.
I give UCLA credit they played very good d. But Memphis had absolutely nothing going for them tonight and every time they built a lil steam someone choked.
I truly believe Oral Roberts would have beaten Memphis by double digits tonight as well.

zebbers

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2006
NE Ohio
www.betweenthepages.us
Remember they shouldnt even be around right now.. not saying they dont deserve it, but they should feel extremely fortunate that Gonzaga imploded!

Did you watch the game? Zaga imploded cause UCLA stepped up the defense. Give the team credit. Same thing tonight. It's amazing...all you whiny bitches just can't take it when your picks lose. It was the refs! It was the refs! Guess what? Teams that are playing from behind tend to foul more, sending the opposing team to the line for more shots. No shots fell! All the players choked! Guess what...teams can make the opponent play bad. Guess what...good teams find a way to win despite being 'cold' and find a way to get it going. I'll give you a hint: UCLA shot worse than Zaga in all three categories...but WHOS THE WINNER.

But you are right. UCLA sucks and has just been lucky this year. Stop confusing talent and good coaching with luck. Zaga didn't have it, Memphis didn't have it & UCLA did.

Instead of pretending like Memphis lost this game for themselves, why don't you all admit UCLA won it straight up. Cause that's what happened. You can rock your little selves to sleep some other way but it doesn't change the truth. This is the tournament, you win or you go home - no excuses. UCLA seems to know that. UConn seems to know that. Hell, LSU seems to know that. Oh wait...maybe not...Texas shot 30% so it must have been the hand of god that won that game for LSU.

Last edited:

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
blgstocks said:
UCLA had good defense tonight and much better than i expected out of them. But if you think 1 gangly 7 ft avg center caused Memphis to mis double digit layups you are wrong.
Or if you think the stellar perimeter d caused memphis to go 1 of 16 from 3 you are wrong.
Or if you think Ucla caused Memphis to dribble the ball of their foot every other possesion you are wrong.
I give UCLA credit they played very good d. But Memphis had absolutely nothing going for them tonight and every time they built a lil steam someone choked.
I truly believe Oral Roberts would have beaten Memphis by double digits tonight as well.

It sounds like you had Memphis. I never said Memphis didn't play a bad game. They did. But UCLA played a crappy game too. Everyone wants to focus on how bad Memphis played but UCLA looked awful too. Did people really expect Memphis to come in and roll in this game or something? Is that why everyone is so pissed?For the life of me I don't even know why Memphis was favored. If UCLA doesn't shoot such a terrible percentage from the FT line tonight they would have won by double-digits. Yes Memphis looked like ass but UCLA did too. The better team won.

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
Zebbers:
that was some of the most incoherent nonesense I have read in a while.. What are you talking about..Nodody blamed the refs for Memphis losing and I 4 one was not mad that i picked the wrong side, I was saying that UCLA is a fraud and that money should not have been put on a team who can not take care of the ball.. but obviously u can read, so i will leave it at that

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
ysg3 said:
Bottom line: no value in betting a team that is this young and this poorly disciplined this late in the tourney.

ysg

I made the mistake of betting Bradley thinking the youth of Memphis would take them down.

The youth did get them but it was one level above. Why does that shit happen to me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sportz333

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
Northville, MI
Brutally Ugly Basketaball.....IF.....you can call it that. What pissed me off the most, about three months (Late November) on a snowy night here in Pittsburgh I placed a much larger than usual play on UCLA and Memphis UNDER 164" (or abouts). What happens, seven players combined score in double figures and they score 85 points in half #1 and 83 in half #2 to sail past the total. Last night, I poultry 95 points in 40 minutes................no need to mention I was over 69" for the second half.

Oh well, thats why they call it gambling. :shrug: