KUDOS TO gman

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
Ther e is only 1 person on this site who picked UW Milwaukee against Alabama and BC. You all should appreciate his basketball knowledge and time and efort he puts into this site.For everyone talking about teams and how overrated they are and their conference is that is chicken shit monday morning quarterbacking.B ottom line the most talented teams get outplayed, outhustled and lose to other more motivated BETTER COACHED TEAMS. Throw out your stupid trends and q factors look at matchups, motivation, and coaching.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Lucky? Why? Because your play on BC went tits up?

How many names do you have at this place now????

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Sports Psychic said:
I have always sided with dumb luck over being good but wrong.

That's like pissing with your zipper up, because it saves time..........

:mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Alabama and Boston College are not great teams. Illinois is a great team and lets see how they do against a GREAT TEAM!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
Before the tournament started experts said Alabama is very dangeros. This team went to elite 8 last year and has their whole team retuning this year and is a better team than last years team. BC was 20-0 ranked third in the country until end of the year.Illini may crush UWM because they play great defense but they are not a great team. They have deficiencies that can be exposed in a 1 game elimination tournament.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Alabama -6.5 over UW Milwaukee
Boston College -2.5 over UW Milwaukee

UW Milwaukee was not huge underdogs.

Illini may crush UWM because they play great defense but they are not a great team. They have deficiencies that can be exposed in a 1 game elimination tournament.

You think Illinois plays great defense but are not a great team? :shrug: I thought Illinois losing only 1 game all year meant they are a great team.

If Illinois is not a great team, who is?

What deficiencies can be exposed? You said deficiencies, so you think there is more than one. Interesting. I guess Illinois backdoored their way to a 33-1 record.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
actually i had uwm in both games as well and was not shocked at these "upsets"...congrats to gman and others who had this team...think they've gone as far as their gonna go, but i will be in chi-town thurs cheering for them (actually want to beat illinois but whatever gets arizona to the final 4, i'll take)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
I heard GMAN2 was the only guy in the country to have UWM in these games

perhaps you could create and dedicate a thread to that accomplishment

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
I have been doing this a long time great teams back in the day were UNLV undefeated lost in tournament, Georgetown with Ewing. This Illinois team is not even close.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
i agree this ill team does not match up with teams of the recent past (uconn 04, duke & az 01, md 02)....however they have been the class of college hoops this year....BUT.....that doesn't guarantee anything!

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
By the way I said only person on this site to give reasons why UWM would beat Alabama and BC. I personally did not see anyone else anywhere say they would win both these games maybe cover the spread but win the games that is pretty impressive.

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
Yes defiencies not very deep, not physical inside, not a good rebouding team, played in a conference that was very down, Ohio state with dials exposed their main weakness. A decent Wisconsin team had them beat at home until the last 5 minutes when they went stone cold, and a decent Wisconsin team in big ten tournament came from way down to close game to 5 points when they should have been buried.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Sports Psychic said:
Yes defiencies not very deep, not physical inside, not a good rebouding team, played in a conference that was very down, Ohio state with dials exposed their main weakness. A decent Wisconsin team had them beat at home until the last 5 minutes when they went stone cold, and a decent Wisconsin team in big ten tournament came from way down to close game to 5 points when they should have been buried.

I don't think they need to be a deep team since they have 3 superstar guards and Augustine down low. They always will have a great player on the court. Today Illinois had Ingram come off the bench and shoot 6-7 for 12pts.

Illinois plays 9 players per game and 8 of those players average 10+ min. per game. 9th player averages 8min. per game.

As for lack of inside presence. Augustine has played extremely well to finish the year and continues to put up monster numbers in the NCAA Tourney. Today Nevada tried to take away the outside game of Illinois and Nevada was burned by the inside players from Illinois. No doubt Illinois prefers to win and excel from the outside 3 superstars, but they also have an inside game. Today proved that.

Maybe Illinois is not the perfect team but who is? You put down Illinois and their so called deficiencies but you failed to give an example of a great team? A team who "doesn't" have deficiencies. Is there a team? Only team I can think of is UNC.

IMO, UNC and Illinois are in a class of their own.

If you look at Illinois road to the NC game, who is gonna stop them? UWM? OSU? Washington? G-Tech? UL? All those teams have deficiencies. Illinois is competing against teams in this tournament, NOT teams from past tournaments.

maverick2112

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Wyoming
Scott.........agree with a lot you are saying but I think you have to agree the Big 10 was a very ordinary conference this year. We shall see how strong MSU and Wisky are tomorrow but from top to bottom the big ten was weak when compaired to past years. I give the Illini their due but there conference record was put up against a pretty weak. I think even you have to admit the Mich State and Wisconsin have had much better teams in past years..