Aug 6, 2006
Orlando
Talking points:

Will Nebraska make this a game?

Is 18.5 too many points?

New QB into new system?

NEB secondary will be able to hang?

please give me your insight.

I personally think it is too many points but I hate betting against USC.

plz discuss

texasAUtiger

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2005
Neb is a *very* aggressive defense... you know what they say, when a team blitzes a lot, someone's band is gonna play---you just dont know which one!

I believe USC gets some big plays vs Neb and USC's defense causes Neb a lot of problems. The wonderful thing about taking the chalk with USC is you know they will score, score, score for all 4 quarters.

Not a big play for me but BetUS has it at -17 right now which is very tempting.

Dr. Fade

Colllector
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Kansas City
I love SC here. I attended the Nebraska @ Kansas game last year KU won by 20 +. I realize that was not a good performance by Nebraska, but this is essentially the same team. It doesn't appear that USC has had much of a drop in talent- which seems unthinkable because of the obvious. This line would have been SC -29 last year. I think it should be 24 this year. 18 is too short.. USC by 4 TD's IMO. Take the Trojans.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I absolutely love Nebraska here, They have won two very very convincing victories even though they were against terrible teams....whenever a team can score in the 50's you know you have a solid offense...the key to this game will be offense and if Nebraska can keep up. USC will score and I think Nebraska will score Nebraska will try to run the ball all over this USC deffense and in my opionion will have their way with USC's terrible secondary. In my opinion this game could very well come down to the wire and I'm very surprised this line is so high! I think honestly it is a joke to say USC wins this game by 18....

Give USC some credit, they beat ark by a great number, but last year they beat them by 20 more points than this year....USC's QB will be a very good test for the Nebraska secondary which I think is fairly good...I could see a pick or two to be thrown by Booty.

In my opinion I look at this game like this...Nebraska has a great team and USC has a great team, but if Fresno could keep up with them last year with Reggie and Matt around I'm quite sure Nebraska will be able to hang around and cover this spread

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I love how everyone thinks USC is so great this year.... Lets remeber that Nebraska beat Michigan at the Alamo bowl guys...

If USC was playing Michigan would the spread still be 18? rout my ass

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
I love how everyone thinks USC is so great this year.... Lets remeber that Nebraska beat Michigan at the Alamo bowl guys...

If USC was playing Michigan would the spread still be 18? rout my ass

michigan beat michigan at the alamo bowl last year.

even so -- it was the alamo bowl. if youre not playing on new years day as a bcs conference team, it means youre not consistently good enough to beat the cream of the crop.

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
Nebraska has a good team that is ready for take-off. I thought this line would be around 10
18.5 is too many to give to a very talented team

Nebraska should be able to hang in that range.
IMO USC 38 Neb 27

Take the points!!!!

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
michigan beat michigan at the alamo bowl last year.

even so -- it was the alamo bowl. if youre not playing on new years day as a bcs conference team, it means youre not consistently good enough to beat the cream of the crop.

Gman, would the line be -18 if it were Michigan?...And you know what people say about excuses....Michigan lost the game this is fact....Your telling me that Michigan came out to lose the game against nebraska... I don't think so

I guess your saying that Fresno was cream of the crop last year? They don't have reggie or Lionart and we are about to see how good a team USC truly is this year...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
USc with some injury issues but have little doubt USC covers. I never play chalk at all, and I have USC as one of my Big 12 plays.Huskers are better, but still very much a pretender.

ballsweat

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2000
Las Vegas, NV USA
Socrstud>>>

Socrstud>>>

As a USC fan I will do my best to separate faith and betting reality.

The USC defense from last year and the one from this year are two separate animals. Last year's D was porous and every one knew it. The offense scored a great deal of points often out of necessity.

This years D is faster, stronger, and under it's old coordinator, Nick Holt. Holt was instrumental in building the championship D before bolting for the head gig at Idaho. Now he is back and the defense is gelling.

But to be fair is this assessment, SC's D does have a couple of key injuries for this week. First and foremost the key to the D, Pinkard, is out. Now we just found out that Sed Ellis-D Line, is out for the game.

Will those 2 injuries make the difference in a cover, I cannot tell you. There replacements are younger, talented players with little game experience.

Either way you look at things, SC is a better team than last year because they are just that, A TEAM. Last year it was all thrills on offense, a weak defense that created or got many turnovers, and horrible special teams.

This year the offense is working toward prowess, the defense is quite strong, and the special teams are considerably better.

I would not place a bet against the Trojans until they prove their defense is like last years.

Good Luck

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramer

Forum Member
May 10, 2006
First off, let me just say I can't stand the Rubbers,
their fans, or their coach. Having said that, I have
the utmost respect for their program. Living in SoCal and listening to sports talk radio damn near
all day every day, and watching the Arky game,
IMHO USC has not lost a thing, in fact their
defense has improved, has had a week off to
prepare for this "west coast offense" coming to
town, is pissed the polsters give them no respect,
gets extra motivation from these high profile OOC
games, and as if that was'nt enough, some punk
defensive back from the huskers guarantees a
victory ( bulliten board ). :scared

wcb4

Forum Member
Jun 30, 2002
Colorado
i don't think people realize how much improved the huskers are. callahan's gameplan offensively will be very good. taylor is completing 72% thus far, and though that will obviously come down as the competition improves, it still shows that he is grasping the offense at a level that we did not see last year. they are MUCH more athletic at receiver than they have been in the past, and they have a bevy of solid backs. defensively, the secondary remains a question mark, and i expect the trojans to exploit this. nebraska'a front four is very good, and adam carriker will be the second best nfl prospect on the field on saturday. those of you who haven't seen this kid play will be impressed, as he is a monster. bottom line, i'll take the 19 and run. it'll be plenty.;)

Kramer

Forum Member
May 10, 2006
wcb, I appreciate your insight, and respect your
opinion. Their in nothing more I'd rather see than
the Huskers come in and BITCHSLAP the rubbers.
And if they do beat the 19, :toast:

But I have a substancial bet ( for me at least ),
that the Rubbers do the same thing to NU that
they did to OU in the NC game. JMHO.

GL2U :drinky:

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
i too have little doubt that sc wins by 20+

comparing neb victory over michigan in the alamo last year and relating it to this game is a waste of time......

sc reloads, they have speed and talent everywhere, their defense is significantly better this year and they've had a week off to get their new defensive players incorporated into the scheme....plus you know sc never lets off the gas and loves to score all 4 quarters.

40+
to
20ish

wcb4

Forum Member
Jun 30, 2002
Colorado
it has nothing to do with the alamo bowl. the reason nebraska will be in this game is simply because they are good enough to be in the game. i'll never dispute the talent level at usc, nor will i dispute that they are pretty well coached. this is by no means a play against usc, just a play on nebraska and the fact that they are a pretty good football team.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
WcB I simply disagree with youand I watch the Bog 12 as closely as anyone. They are improved, but are nowhere near close yet to the echelon teams. Both teams show up to play and this is a 4td game.

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
USC rolls in this game. Neb beat up on La Tech and Nichols St. USC isn't the juggernaut they were last year, but they aren't Nichols St either.