LSU -7

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
you may be right.

but i'm impressed with the iowa coach in that he seems to have his team prepared week in & week out.

also iowa has a good run defense & don't know if lsu qb can win a big game on his own.

good luck.

BigSlick

Rex Legis
Forum Member
Oct 13, 2003
Tampa (4 now)
I think I may have used the terms 'speed and talent' to describe the apparent advantage UF had over Iowa in the Outback last year. Turned out to be a joke.

Although I think your right on in your brief analysis, I think Ferentz (sp?) is a master game-planner and gets the most out of his players. Turnovers, field position, etc. are strongly in Iowa's favor.

Pass for me.

arrow

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2003
lubbock, Texas
iowa plus points

iowa plus points

iowa coach will have curfew and players mindset ready for another over-rated team who's again thinking they should whip iowa's ass. Iowa is the best team in the big ten right now and tate is playing great. You won't see iowa trying to run so they will be ready. Tate is very mobile for the rush and makes plays happen while on the run. This is a thread who looked and said Iowa, lsu will kill them,loll this will be a very big play for me against you. Be Very CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!! Iowa has one of the best RUN DEFENSES in the entire nation. I just don't think lsu's q.b. scares me in long and 3rd down situations which they will be in all day long. Good luck on your other picks, I'll be on iowas side this game.

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Best in the Big Ten

Best in the Big Ten

First things first is that I am from the Big Ten area and this was the weakest the Big Ten has been in years. Against better defenses the Hawkeyes struggled quite a bit this year as they are too one dimensional. They benefitted by playing their toughest Big Ten games at home while playing Illinois, Penn State, Minnesota and Michigan. There road victories were by 10 pts at Illinois, 2 at Penn State and 2 at Minnesota. Ferentz is a great coach but so is Saban. LSU will stop the passing game of Iowa because of the lack of respect they have for their running game.

Georgia and LSU should handle the Big Ten quite easily this year.

Nosigar

53%
Forum Member
Jul 5, 2000
Florida
Sounds like a baseball cap wager could be in the making here.

I'll lay the points and probably take out an equity loan to put a liittle more on LSU. I mean we're talking Iowa, for chrisakes, aren't we? Please tell what I'm missing here? I'm very open to contrary opinions.

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Iowa may be my bowl game of the year. . . I like the momentum coming into the bowl season. . . team is definitely playing well and in what should be a low scoring game, you gotta like getting a td on a hot team

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Nickelback,

The last thing that a HOT team needs is a month long layoff. Good luck on your Bowl Game of the Year.

escarzamd

...abides.
Forum Member
Dec 26, 2003
5ft, pin high......
SEC over-rated (except Auburn)

SEC over-rated (except Auburn)

Big 10 a little step child this season, to be sure. But 7 straight w/o a RB? Thats bad-ass no matter how you slice it. They gave the Michigan game away at the Big house w/5 silly TOs, or they are BCS team. Speed everywhere on D for Hawks, and thats where its gonna matter. This one will be a grinder, and one score diff is likely here. Hawks are gamers and will have a boatload of fans in Orlando. Let the SEC fans look down on us. Its a nice way to keep the ML around 250. Remember that ultra-fast Gator team last year??? Lookin at UGA being over-rated as well vs Big 10 match-up. SEC always solid, but Auburn only team this year....rest of conference over-rated (obvious reason for BCS freeze-out, and thats considering it vs Big 12?????), and they cowered in all the big games this season.

Take the points and watch out if even one RB can be healthy for the game. :scared

Last edited:

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
They gave the Michigan game away at the Big house w/5 silly TOs, or they are BCS team.
Auburn needed a missed PAT to beat LSU @ home or else LSU would be a BCS team. Means nothing.

LSU D is playing as well as any in the nation since giving up 45 to UGA on Oct 2. The TD spread has been put up there for all who remember Gators/Iowa last season. Tons of $$$ will come in on Iowa, but 1-dimensional offenses do not get things done against defenses of LSU's caliber.

For the record, as an LSU fan I've played against them on at least 4 occasions this season and played on them 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Cie Grant

LSU D is playing as well as any in the nation since giving up 45 to UGA on Oct 2.

These are the teams who LSU has played since UGA.

Florida
Troy
Vanderbilt
Alabama
Mississippi
Arkansas

dlvlsu

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2002
Compare those 6 to USC's last six:
Az - notre dame- UCLA Sucks sucks suck!!!
Oregon St- ( sucks)
wash st- (sucks)
Wash- (sucks all 12 beat them)
Az St- (ok team but 8 maybe 9 out of 12 Sec teams beat them
Cal-( pretty good but sorry southerm miss should have beat them shows how weak Pac 10 is)
Stanford -(sucks all but maybe vandy could and would beat them)
BYU- (Sucks all would beat them)
Col St- (definately sucks all would beat them)
Vt- ( ok team )
So What are you running your mouth about SCOTT???

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
dlvlsu

Why did you bring up USC? This thread is about LSU and Iowa. I have no idea why you brought up USC. :rolleyes:

So What are you running your mouth about SCOTT???

I posted all the teams LSU has played since UGA. Why do you have a problem with that?

Total Offense Rankings in the country.

Florida #21
Troy (not ranked in top 100)
Vanderbilt #89
Alabama #35
Mississippi #80
Arkansas #91

This is good handicapping info. If you don't think it is useful, don't read it.

Last edited:

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
dlvlsu - I am a little slow. How does the performance of a hypothetical Vandy vs Stanford game help me cap the LSU - Iowa game?

dlvlsu

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2002
It doesn't. Sorry Just get tired of hearing Scott run his mouth. He knows nothing! LSU will dominate Iowa on both sides of the ball Watch What I say. Been doing this along time ( not perfect) but pretty damn good at it!!

Bet on MyBookie