LSU VS MICHIGAN

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dlvlsu

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2002
Gjn23 one thing about it all those teams and nearly every other SEC team is better than Arizona!!

dlvlsu

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2002
What happened to Arizona when they came to Baton Rouge?? Could have been 100 points scored by LSU!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

benfranklin

Forum Member
Aug 20, 2006
Destin, FL
The Auburn LSU game was the most unbelievable 7-3 game I have ever witnessed. It was smash mouth football for 60 minutes but somehow, we came out on top. LSU is an unbelievable team who will match up well against a very good Michigan team. As far as those who claim that the SEC is overated, I feel sorry for you because your football has nothing on ours and you are really missing out. I would lean with most of ya'll on Michigan -2 to -3. I am going on the record to say that the SEC will go 6-2 or 7-1 in bowls this year.
Wherever LSU goes, we should start a fund to send "The Sponge" to the game and let him have a taste of what those cajuns have to offer.:s5:

dlvlsu

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2002
With all this talk about how the SEC could improve...

The easiest solution would be to schedule more PAC-10 teams.

The SEC is 65-39-7 against the PAC 10.
3-1 in 2006.

SC is 17-10-1 against the SEC.
Including 2-5 versus Bama.
And a very fortunate 1-1 versus LSU (ask Brad Budde or Paul Mcdonald)

These SEC programs are HISTORICALLY formidable:

BAMA
TENNESSEE
AUBURN
LSU
GEORGIA
FLORIDA

These PAC-10 teams are historically formidable:

SC
Washington?

Let's imagine picking a ten year round robin starting with:

SC vs LSU
Arkansas vs Cal
Florida vs Oregon State
Tennessee vs UCLA
Auburn vs Arizona State
Georgia vs Oregon
BAMA vs Arizona

How ugly would that get for the PAC-10? Probably 2-5 on average, similar to this year. Sure SC would be awesome, but so would EVERY one of the aforementioned SEC teams, with the possible exception of Alabama. Which of those PAC-10 teams would realistically have a shot at breaking even?

If the SEC really wanted to pad the schedule with high-profile wins they should look west.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
Always see you on these SEC posts running your mouth. Why don't you take your mildcat garbage to the Arizona Mildcat thread, Oh thats right no one is talking about your team or the fans that tailgate at starbucks. I am not disrespecting you just keeping it real. When your team plays in a BCS game or a bowl game for that matter then you can post on our thread until then shut the ____ up!

:mj07:

didnt know this was your thread.....is this for the sec fans who's opinion matters because, well.......they are the sec and they are the best, jsut ask them and if you dont agree then **** off and die because you're a loser and dont know anyhting about college football????

how about this nuggett.

the sec.......THE ENTIRE SEC....didnt win a non-conf game vs the current top 15 bcs teams and the conf only scheduled ONE game vs those teams and got rolled (ark-usc)

your programs are historically great, move into todays world instead of living off that history. The conf is good (one thing you people cant do is admit others are good) but the sec isnt the top of the top every year and you PROVE IT COME BOWL SEASON EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have some top teams (like every conf) but you also have a bunch of pigs (more so than most conf) who HISTORICALLY are a bunch of pigs, throw in the fact that your ooc is usually littered with ne "insert southern state here" university and always played AT HOME. Try travelling by plane and bus 6 hours for a conf road game, hell try traveling for any road game, then win those games 75% of the time and then i'll put you clearly at the top.....until then you are right there with the other bcs conf almost every year.

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
SC vs LSU (great game but SC loses and JDB throws 3 picks in an herioc effort to bring the trojans back)

Arkansas vs Cal (900 rushing yards combined)

Florida vs Oregon State(Fla has 7 turnovers but falls short after an amazing comeback completely aided by the refs)

Tennessee vs UCLA(This game might surprise some people. I am going to say plays out similar to NDvUCLA did earlier)

Auburn vs Arizona State(This one will get ugly)

Georgia vs Oregon(This one will get ugly)

BAMA vs Arizona (Whoever makes the first fg wins this one)

There ya go, my take on the SC/Pac10 bowl games this year lol.

In all seriousness, I dont see a matchup there that Pac10 would be favored in besides SC, and they would lose that game to LSU.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
SC vs LSU (great game but SC loses and JDB throws 3 picks in an herioc effort to bring the trojans back)

Arkansas vs Cal (900 rushing yards combined)

Florida vs Oregon State(Fla has 7 turnovers but falls short after an amazing comeback completely aided by the refs)

Tennessee vs UCLA(This game might surprise some people. I am going to say plays out similar to NDvUCLA did earlier)

Auburn vs Arizona State(This one will get ugly)

Georgia vs Oregon(This one will get ugly)

BAMA vs Arizona (Whoever makes the first fg wins this one)

There ya go, my take on the SC/Pac10 bowl games this year lol.

In all seriousness, I dont see a matchup there that Pac10 would be favored in besides SC, and they would lose that game to LSU.

Does Vandy, Miss St, Kentucky, Ole Miss, S Carolina or Stanford get to play in this round robin?

How About a bottom half round robin:

Ole Miss - WSU - In Pullman its a rout. In Oxford, Ole Miss D makes this a close game and actually gets on the scoreboard when the WSU punter runs out of the back of the endzone making the final score 3-2.
Vandy - UW - With a healthy Stansback, UW rolls without question. W/O him, still UW in just a painful game to watch.
Kentucky - UCLA - Great BBall game, awful FB game UCLA in a rout.
S Carolina - ASU - Spurier pulls out some tricks to keep SC close, Koetter pulls out some tricks to keep SC close as well. ASU talent overcomes Koetter to win close one.

And, the game they will all be talking about for decades:
Miss St - Stanford - I think the Bulldogs win this one in a donnybrook but Stanford loses by less then they lost to San Jose St by.

I see 4-1 for the Pac. And, no, I do not think that is an accurate barameter for comparing conferences, just showing how absurd it is to try to match up teams to show relative conference strength - Especially between conferences with different #'s of teams.

Back to the topic. LSU will absolutely roll Michigan in my opinion. Too much team speed. I tend to think Michigan is overrated. They are living off beating an overrated, slow, unathletic ND and lsoing a game where OSU did everything they could to keep Michigan in the game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg