Memorial Tournament

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
as Major winners have won 8 out of last nine, going with three who have not won Majors...I cannot pick best of Major winners, and if Woods starts to get a few putts, he might be dangerous...
(that was a bit of an understatement)
0.5 ew on the following, good odds
Appleby 80/1 Ladbrokes..starting to get some form and has played well here before.
Perry 80/1 Ladbrokes..past winner..going well in GIR and DA stats..kept seeing him on tv last week, but when I saw where he ended up I wondered why..course may spark him up to form of earlier in the year..
Flesch 80/1 Blue Square..good course form..eighth last week..

Last edited:

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
I agree with Steved on Perry and Appleby. Appleby's course form has improved every year. He was 31st in 1999, 17th in 2000 and 7th last year. He's been out of sorts this year but in his last two events he's finished 8th and 14th. 80/1 Bet365.

Perry was 11th last year and 7th in 1999. He's been inconsistent in recent weeks but played well in The Colonial. 80/1 Ladbrokes.

My final pick is former winner Vijah Singh at 22/1 (Eurobet). Singh has shown a liking for this course and returned to the winner's circle earlier this year.

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
As Tiger has proved the last 3 yrs, this course is virtually perfect for him. Last week in Germany he would have shot at least 30-35 under had he holed half the putts he missed between 5-15 feet. The only possible negative against him this week is the fatigue factor. A late Monday finish with only a couple of days to recuperate for this tournament may catch up on him. In saying that he is the fittest/strongest golfer out there and I for one can't see anyone challenging him again this week. He's in the best form I've seen for a long time and I'll stick with him till the next par 70.

Woods 13/8 @ Sports.com 12.5 Units win only.

Mickelson 16/1 @ Sports.com
Els 16/1 @ Sports.com both 1 Unit win only
Singh 22/1 @ EuroBet 0.75 Units win only
Garcia 25/1 @ Sports.com 0.65 Units win only.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Course: Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin, Ohio
Yardage: 7224
Par: 72 (four par-fives)
USGA Rating: 75.8
Greens: Penn G-2 Bentgrass - 5,000 sq.ft (Tour average: 6,000 sq.ft)

GCSAA Tournament Fact Sheet

Weather Forecast

Best Players Last 10 Years

Past Winners:
2001 - Tiger Woods
2000 - Tiger Woods
1999 - Tiger Woods
1998 - Fred Couples
1997 - Vijay Singh
1996 - Tom Watson
1995 - Greg Norman
1994 - Tom Lehman
1993 - Paul Azinger
1992 - David Edwards

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
do not know what I was looking at but it wasn't Kenny Perry's stats/results...just realised why I kept seeing him on Sunday, he was 2nd!!
doubled stake (from 0.5ew) to 1ew K Perry at 80/1 Ladbrokes

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (1 unit):

Vijay Singh to win 20/1 e.w. @ Bet365, Sporting Odds, BetInternet or Heathorns
Tiger may have won this event three times in a row, but a playoff victory in Europe on a Monday is not ideal preparation for this event, particularly as his putting was not in great shape. Rather than take very much lower odds in the 'w/o Woods' markets, will side with three outrights at much better odds. The first is Vijay who has a great record on this course. A winner in 1997, he was a close 2nd to Woods in 1999 and 5th last year. Coming off a good performance at the Colonial - he finished 12th and didn't shoot a round over-par - he looks to have a good chance this week.

Justin Leonard to win 40/1 e.w. @ Blue Square
Leonard is another with good form at Muirfield Village. He was runner-up to Tiger in 2000 and finished 7th in 1999. But he is also in great form at the moment. He has finished in the top-20 in his last five events, including a win at the WorldCom Classic, and should be at much lower odds than Blue Square quote.

Kenny Perry to win 80/1 e.w. @ Ladbrokes
Keith Elliott has earmarked Perry for the 'w/o Woods' market for this event at 40/1. Those odds will probably be available, despite last week's event, but the very generous odds from Ladbrokes look a better alternative. He won this event in 1991 and has had five top-20 finishes since. Consistent form on the course and he has shown that he can string together a good run of tournaments. Looking for a place finish here.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Had to buy to keep up with Ian and AussieVamp's repeated discussions of DYMs and TYMs!!

First-time buyer and I would recommend buying it, though I can't see me buying it again for 3/4 more years. Useful reference for each event, but can't see the info changing much each year.

I haven't looked at the 'w/o Woods' markets, but to make a difference you need Woods to win and Perry to finish 2nd on his own. The odds are pretty long on that, so I'll take 80/1 over 40/1 as I'm hoping for a place win at most ;)

ormond80

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
charlotte, n.c. usa
16-9 Year To Date. Now the bad news: Last 3 weeks LOSER, LOSER, LOSER. Time for a change as I noticed Millenium is now for the first time offering 1st round results as well, so here we go:

1ST ROUND: MARAYAMA +170 over WOODS

72 HOLES: MICKELSON -130 over DUVAL

HAPPY GAMING:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Will keep all additions of 72holes in same thread as added since it is timestamped.Won't have to hunt so many threads to tally that way
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Just made rounds looking for best offer vs Duval and came up with
Garcia -105 vs Duval 72 holes @ $plays
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
adding Howell -110 vs Furyk @ $plays
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
adding
Beckman -105 over Flesch @365
Weir +110 over flesch @Cascade
Lonard -115 over Campbell @ 365

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
3 that look good to me:

Singh v Duval 9/10 @ Bet&Win
Perry v Calc 10/11 @ LuvBet
Mickelson v Garcia 10/11 @ LuvBet - All 1.5 Units.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matchup plays (1 unit unless stated):

Tom Lehman to beat Mark Calcavecchia -111 @ BetandWin
Opposing Calc who is not particularly consistent at the moment. Played poorly before the Masters, including a final round 86 at Sawgrass, secured two top-10 finishes thereafter and then missed the cut at the Byron Nelson Classic. Looks to be one to oppose and particularly with the much more consistent Lehman who shot the lowest 72-hole score on this course when he won in 1994.

Kenny Perry to beat Mark Calcavecchia -110 @ LuvBet [2 units]
More impressive recent course form than Lehman and a former winner as well, plus a great performance last week for Perry. If Lehman is tipped to beat Calc, then Perry will surely do so as well.

Kenny Perry to beat Jerry Kelly -111 @ BetandWin [2 units]
This was a profitable matchup last week and there is even more reason to side with Perry this week. Kelly has a dire record on this course. He has missed the cut three times from five starts and finished 25th and 56th on the other occasions. In better form this year, but he has yet to shoot a single round in the 60s around Muirfield Village. Bet365USA have this more appropriately priced at -135 for Kelly.

Chris DiMarco to beat Mike Weir -125 @ TattsBet
Both have played in this event for the last three years and they split the honors with one win each and a tie last year. Siding with DiMarco this year as he is in much the better form and is putting better than the Canadian. Weir had been playing well until the Masters, but had shown a continued tendency to fail in the last round. But now his problems have become more general. Only once in his last eleven rounds has he broken 70. Putting on the fast, undulating greens at Muirfield Village will be important this week and Weir is not putting well. He ranks 118 places behind DiMarco in the 'putts per round' stats and 68 places behind in the 'putting average' stats.

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Like many was considering Appleby this week, but his frightening driving stats are enough to put me off - watch him romp home now!

So, a rather boring...

Ernie Els 16/1...would love to see him give Tiger a good hiding!

and the rather more exciting...

Steve Flesch 100/1 with Chandlers...hoping that he will finally live up to the years of promise..he must win at some point! Good course form and impressive last week.

and the speculative...

Chad Campbell 125/1 have been impressed with this guy, and excellent stats off the tee...one to watch I think

buckeye

Forum Member
Aug 30, 1999
Strongsville,OH,USA
Was eyeing Hart to PLACE, but he seems to be off the board now ( must have pulled out ) so just going with "buckeye Tiger" who's won 6 straight in OH, at 2-1. Coming back from Euro tour showing isn't a good thing, but he really excells at Jack's place and I can't see backing anyone else except to place. Also backing Lehman and Leonard in multiple matches.

GL2All:p

Strictly Int'l

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2001
Toronto
Is it official that Dudley Hart is out of the tournament?

My picks for this tournament w/o Woods is:

Vijay Singh
Frank Lickliter
Rocco Mediate

Whenever Kenny Perry is thought to win, he never will.
Many others are on Appleby, I think he might do well, perhaps top 20, but nothing more threatening.

Good Luck to all.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Myron

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Hamilton, Ontario
Sergio Garcia at 22-1, 5 units to win and 10 to show
Phil Mickelson at 12-1, 5 units win only
Mike Weir at 60-1, 1 unit to win and 3 to show.

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Adding OUTRIGHTS to earlier Ernie Els selection:

The U.S. Open is now directly on the horizon and hopefully provides some solid direction.

Singh(20/1 for 0.30* e.w. @ Bet 365)
Good and solid.

Perry(66/1 for 0.30* e.w. @ Bet365)
Possibilities for trending to the good.

And looking to Europe:

Faldo(66/1 for 0.30* e.w. @ Bet365)
Passing over Campbell and Cabrera to pick Nick. Obviously showing some solid game, and hopefully catching him none to soon.

MATCHUPS and GROUPS (72 holes) for 1*:

Wow. I am not lacking this week in solid looking plays where I feel some sort of edge. I'll lighten the units a tad, include some well-formed parlays, and trust my hard work and best judgment as I venture forth with a fair piece of my bankroll, and I'll hopefully manage to tread water for the week.

Leonard(+105) over Duval @ Bet365
O.K., I've taken the bait.

Els(+105) over Mickelson @ 5dimes
Mickelson's play in his current lull has been less explosive for whatever reasons beyond the venues. Els more primed in this spot?

Garcia(-125) over Duval @ 5dimes
Garcia should step forward and ahead of Duval. Or not.

Beckman(-125) over Kelly @ 5dimes
I'll continue to fade Kelly.

Cabrera(9/2) over Montgomerie/Goosen/Harrington/Olazabal @ Bet365
Monty is as determined as a mule and is the one to fear, but if he is still hurting, then I say he has his sights set on the wrong championship this week. Goosen needs some improvement and should oblige, but I'm wagering against a full 180 degree turn back to his best stuff. Harrington has some suspect course form. The first wave of the Olazabal threat peaked at Augusta. It really is a tough crowd, but Cabrera is my man.

Howell(-115) over Furyk @ 5dimes
This was an early pick, but now it's slipped a few notches. A modern player for a modern course? Howell also has his U.S. Open exemption on the line.

Haas(-113) over Couples @ 5dimes
Haas brings the better game to a good spot.

Thursday (18 hole) 3 Balls for 1*:

Maruyama(5/2) over Woods/Franco @ Bet365
Maruyama is no stranger to quick starts or big occasions, and it looks like his current run has some legs left.

-------------------------- ---------------------------

Tiger goes for four in a row and another small alcove in the museum Earl Woods no doubt has planned for his son. Four of this and four of that.

GOLF

GL