Motor Vehicle Excise Tax

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Any other you clowns pay this tax?

Supposedly for upkeep of the roads, etc.

Around Boston here the roads look like downtown Cairo after the protests.

Furthermore, the "calculation" makes newer cars pay more, which are ultimately more fuel efficient, and "better" for the environment.

FTW.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
we have emissions tests....you get a couple cracks at it...

if you still fail,you can get an exemption if you foot a 3 or 4 hundred dollar repair billl that still doesn`t fix the emissions issue....

you belly up and pay for the tests...then you pay some dude who`s garage is paying a kickback to some local politician to get an emissions inspection license.....

it`s all about the environment,you see....:0008

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
New York : Every time you register or renew registration.
NY recently changed license plates to a "loose stool mustard yellow". To accept these "new" plates the charge was $185 dollars. To keep my old plates the charge was $135 dollars. I see the new plates everywhere.
Not sure why would anyone would pay extra for a new color?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep
You guys got it easy.

In NC we have registration, inspection, and then another freaking car tax!

Morris

Tent Maker
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Above the Clouds....
New York : Every time you register or renew registration.
NY recently changed license plates to a "loose stool mustard yellow". To accept these "new" plates the charge was $185 dollars. To keep my old plates the charge was $135 dollars. I see the new plates everywhere.
Not sure why would anyone would pay extra for a new color?

Only one of Patterson's blunders.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Every year we have to renew our plates/registration and cost depends on the age/value of the car. I think our 2 cars cost me around $400 last year. But, in Indiana you never have to get your car inspected, even when you sell/buy one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
But, in Indiana you never have to get your car inspected, even when you sell/buy one.

:scared :scared :scared :scared

how any state can expect their citizens to make sure their vehicles are safe to drive is beyond me..

stupid..just stupid..

as stupid as allowing people to talk or text on a phone while driving..

Va. just shot down 7 bills that would have made it illegal to use a hand-held phone while operating a motor vehicle..

American get any more stupid we might as well just blow up the damn joint..

motor and public safety be damned..

drive around with failing brakes and chitty chat like a little teenager til ya kill somebody and then wail woe is me I am so sorry..

Fuck everyone of the damn SOB'S..

let the all mighty $$$$ outweigh common sense.....we are going to hell in a handbag..

os...if ya can't say something nice...:facepalm:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home

how any state can expect their citizens to make sure their vehicles are safe to drive is beyond me..

stupid..just stupid..

Va. just shot down 7 bills that would have made it illegal to use a hand-held phone while operating a motor vehicle..

drive around with failing brakes and chitty chat like a little teenager til ya kill somebody and then wail woe is me I am so sorry..

let the all mighty $$$$ outweigh common sense.....we are going to hell in a handbag..

You should see some of the cars riding around :facepalm:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
And, I agree, the texting has to stop, period. They should heavily enforce it too (sixfive).

Hell, anymore, I won't just go through a green light. I carefully look both ways. And I'm much more aware of the other drivers than I used to be.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
it is beyond any measure of common sense what those who are in charge of public safety have allowed to transpirer.

In my 60 years on this planet I can not remember a period of culture to be this absolutely stupid..

we have mothers and fathers texting their children while they drive a 2 ton vehicle..

one can only shake their head at the absolute stupidity of the American person today..Every bit of common sense has fallen prey to a mass communication of gibberish and pompous ass dialogue between millions and millions.

"Honey how seriously was she injured.I swear we only texted for about 3 hours while she was driving to see grandmother."

GENO

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Plain City OH

stupid..just stupid..

we need mandatory inspection in OHIO also, you should see some of the brakes and rotors that I have seen in my 30+ years in automotive service, scares me and I have kids and grandkids on the road with these morons!

OH yeah LOW TIRE PRESSURE is another problem this time of year, even with the I don't know how to use a tire gauge low tire pressure monitering systems for the lazy crowd that can't take two minutes and 48 seconds out of their day to have safe inflated tires.

I have OHSP on speed dial #33 and call in all drivers I see texting on the way home, easy to see as I drive a mid-size 4X4 pickup and am up high enough to witness it first hand as they pass me doing 66-80MPH.

I was told by a UPS driver years ago to drive 360 degrees, watch everythng in every direction focusing of course on the road in front and way up the road, but also moniter those coming up from behind and from the side that are supposed to stop:scared ..

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
Geno..
have seen in first hand in Ohio and Ariz..

last trip to Ariz. back in June to see my mom I saw so many pieces of shit either being driven or abandoned that I could only laugh..My brother say just ignore it..the city does..:142smilie

junk cars on the highway that are a literal ticking timebomb to take an innocent person or persons life at ant time..

beats all I ever saw.

Last edited:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
it is beyond any measure of common sense what those who are in charge of public safety have allowed to transpirer.

In my 60 years on this planet I can not remember a period of culture to be this absolutely stupid..

we have mothers and fathers texting their children while they drive a 2 ton vehicle..

one can only shake their head at the absolute stupidity of the American person today..Every bit of common sense has fallen prey to a mass communication of gibberish and pompous ass dialogue between millions and millions.

"Honey how seriously was she injured.I swear we only texted for about 3 hours while she was driving to see grandmother."

u know how much easy money this would be for cops to fine these assholes who are texting as well as using phones? And i would laugh at everyone they pulled over. Honestly if i call a friend and he is driving i tell them i will call them back. Can't stand this shit. Never fails im stuckk five back at a light and wonder what the fuk is going on. sure enuf one asshole is on the phone holding everyone up.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
ALL women have that phone stuck to their ear when driving. ALL of them :0003

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member

Wow! You've really descended into Old Fart Mode! Shit!

Actually, I mostly agree with you, but so much wish Kosar were here with a 5-word sarcastic true reply--even better accompanied with his characteristic narrowing of eyes directed straight at you in appropriate tone of voice scarily rapidly delivered....

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
we do have registration every year and inspection yearly, didnt think of it as a tax :facepalm: guess it is, and excise tax on leased vehicles:sadwave: we do not have state income tax though, at least yet