My Bizarre Dog Ownership Battle

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
It's time for me to get my own dog now after what happened to poor Rocco. All the other pets, the collie, the min pin, the cat, and the rabbit (I don't like as pets) take to my GF. I need my own, one I can take to work. Another Chipin in the works but this time I am building a whole new fence so the front door will be fenced in too.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
My GF and I are suckers for all kinds of animals. I just bought the house about a year and a half ago. We got a huge fence up before snow and I wake up and her mother is throwing a pot belly pig in my fence. The fence is around and old garage that was built and just used for storage. Well we put straw and heat lamp and everything a pig would want. Everything was fine until the kid forgot to shut the gate and we had a pig wandering around so of course the village got notified we had it and they said we had to get rid of it. I talked to the head of the village several times and we still had it 6 months after they were after us. He was like, "why do you still have it." I'm like I have called hobby farms and other farms and still can't find someone suitable to take it. He was like, "I know a guy who has several." "I'll call him" So my next question was, "Why the fuck didn't you tell me this 6 months ago?" I left out fuck but trying to find a good home for the pig was stressful. Some people wanted to eat it and my GF was attached to it and it was IMPERATIVE to both of us that she got a great home. Long story short the guy lives literally 2 miles from me and she was rehomed to this guy and living with other pigs and is happy. Would have been really easy on me to have had this done long before. I think the fact that we take in animals and treat them well is really good for her son. I just wish they communicate with me before these animals show up. pigs, Cats and Rabbits. The town I live in is 500 people surrounded by woods and lakes. Superior WI is the closest city and they have 28 K people and can have pigs but we can't lol.

bleedingpurple is the animal whisperer:lol:

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
The asshats failed with their quick fix of a cop snatching away the dog. I suspect, based on the narrative that supplies some insights, that their next prospect of an expensive and risky fight with a weak case should be more than they are willing to undertake. Everyone hopes so.

Would a lawyer,
Briefly, for the Boss . . .

I am sure the fair market value of the dog, and the amount of any counterclaim for boarding and care, is less than the $5,000 or $10,000 jurisdiction of the small claims court. The other party would almost certainly have to face an unfavorable ruling on either ownership, or an unjust enrichment / quasi contract counterclaim for the boarding (they are mistaken if they think they can stroll in and demand for the dog to be handed back over to them when it is convenient for them to do so), which is what makes pursuing the matter financially risky (along with some attorney fees), but a money judgement for BP would probably be worthless unless there is a statutory bailment lien to secure payment. An attorney might need to use powers of persuasion to convince the court administrator to allocate a full hour to a hearing before a magistrate on the matter . . . I don?t think I would ever get involved when the client approach is to overwhelm an adversary, or employ a scorched earth approach.

GL

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don?t think I would ever get involved when the client approach is to overwhelm an adversary, or employ a scorched earth approach.

As a commercial litigation attorney on Long Island (admittedly a lot different than Minnesota farmland) I can tell you that, if my client is willing to pay the hourly rate (and pays a retainer in advance), I will give them the "overwhelm" and/or "scorched Earth" litigation methods (within all ethical boundaries of course).

The best client in the world is a pissed off client with money :0074

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
I guess the dude sent this to my GF the other night. He's FOS about the sheriff calling him and she did not reply and have not heard from him since that was on Friday. i would like to tell the fucker a few things but it's best I keep my mouth shut.

01fd61c0fb0a5d0fc9d29f81034aeaea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
As a commercial litigation attorney on Long Island (admittedly a lot different than Minnesota farmland) I can tell you that, if my client is willing to pay the hourly rate (and pays a retainer in advance), I will give them the "overwhelm" and/or "scorched Earth" litigation methods (within all ethical boundaries of course).

The best client in the world is a pissed off client with money :0074

Just so everyone knows I live in Wisconsin

Blitz

Hopeful
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2002
North of Titletown AKA Boston
I guess the dude sent this to my GF the other night. He's FOS about the sheriff calling him and she did not reply and have not heard from him since that was on Friday. i would like to tell the fucker a few things but it's best I keep my mouth shut.

01fd61c0fb0a5d0fc9d29f81034aeaea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These people are real shit bags!!

It would be a cold day in hell before I would give that dog back without a hell of a fight!

Good Luck!!

Bet on MyBookie