NASCAR - The Pennsylvania 500 @ POCONO

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Thx for the Johnson insights, Huck. I'll keep an eye on it for now.

Those matchups have been working out pretty well for me. I use the same approach for Qualifying and the Race. And results have been pretty much as expected. Probably 50% winners (maybe a hair better) at avg price of +110 to +115. So I'll take it.

Was 1-0 in Qual this week, Schrader(+102) vs Labonte.

Last week, looks like I was:
4-1 in Qual
Hamilton vs Park
Harvick vs Mayfield
Elliott vs BLabonte
Elliott vs Rudd
Kenseth vs WBurton

3-1 in Race
Marlin vs Busch
Rudd vs Kenseth
Newman vs Hamilton
WBurton vs Blaney (amazingly, +130 on the winner)

As you know, the key is that these #s are all over the board. Look at the win odds. Not unusual to see the second-tier drivers listed btw 20/1 up to 50/1. Can find some weird #s if you look.

Thx and GL, Huck. Enjoy the race. Here's hoping it's a safe one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Huckleberry

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Nevada
Done w/ the matchups guys.

MATCHUPS
6 ov 2 -110 5 units
88 ov 24 +110 3 units
18 ov 8 +160 3 units
28 ov 40 -133 4 units
40 ov 19 -139 6 units (earlier this week)

Let's have a great race!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Huckleberry

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Nevada
LOL! Yeah homedog.....I was in tears but have gotten over since then. ;)

But we've all seen it happen, when a matchup that looks real good somehow finds a way to lose. At least I'm a huge favorite at this point which is all I can ask for.

Just hope they get this thing started today.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Huck looks like old number 9 brings you much cash. And your match ups at least what little I have seen of race. They look to be on the winning side to.;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Huckleberry

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Nevada
Thanks all. Good 'ol Bill finally put an entire race together (at least 175 laps worth).

In retrospect, I didn't do a very good job capping this race, as I didn't have the the 40 or 97 and I played too many drivers with a slim chance of winning (15, 19, 10). I might tinker w/ my approach some in the coming weeks.

Off to the "Brickyard"!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Huckleberry

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Nevada
Yeah, the 97 is just plain fast. Roush really has made quite a resurgence this year, not only with the amount of race wins, but with how well the cars are running week in and week out.

Just when I begin to ignore the 99 car, he has a run like he did last week (really think he would have won). They should all have a great chance at Indy, that's for sure.

USC Gamecock

Forum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Williams-Brice
Yep, on any given Sunday give the me the whole Roush posse and I'll be happy.

How awesome was it to see the #9 in the winner's circle again. I love seeing the old school guys cash the ticket.

Huckleberry

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Nevada
Yes! I'm with you there! Love seeing the true veterans win races again. And you know they have to be sick about hearing about all these "young guns" week in and week out.

But all you have to do is take a look at who is 1-2 in the standings.........guys who have been around for a long time and have never won a title. Would LOVE to see either Marlin or Martin win it this year!