Mar 18, 2009
North Carolina
NCAA GEM OF THE DAY YTD: 15-11 (57.7%)

Week 1 5-2
Week 2 4-3
Week 3 4-3
Week 4 2-3

VCU -4 @ Tulane

Complete mismatch of talent in this game, VCU avg over 74 per game vs Tulane's dismal 60.8. VCU's defense ranked #3 vs 3 pt shot, huge rebounding advantage to VCU in this matchup (32 vs 25).

VCU with 7 scorers above 8 pts per game vs Tulane with 2 above 8 pts per game.

Only thing Tulane has going for them is well: NOTHING.

Game #2 for Saturday:

E. Michigan + 5.5 @ Georgia State

The Eagles come into this game well rested, off a win and go against a team they statistically dominate in every category. The Panthers are on their 3rd game in 6 days and while it's nice to be @ home where they are 2-0 on a 5-6 season, they lack the spread of scoring amongst their squad and the athletic ability to keep up with the Eagles. The Panthers come into this game on the heels of a 18/56 shooting effort, preceded by 22/64 and 16/46 from the field scoring 55,58,49 points in those 3 contests. Against a squad like the Eagles averaging 71.8 a game the news isn't good. The Panthers lack the 3 point shot with 1 guy shooting 33% and the rest below 27%.

The wrong team is favored in this matchup and the Eagles will be victorious.

So there it is, my 2 picks on the line to secure a 4th straight winning week.

I'll be around to answer any questions up until 2pm, then I'm off to Baltimore for tomorrow's Ravens/Bears game, got a couple suite tixs on the 30 yard line from the Miller Lite/Coors Guys, my brother and I are gonna kick back, bet games and have a grand ole time. I'll be checking in on Sunday. BOL to my brothers @ Madjacks, keep on cashing those tickets!! :mj06: :00hour

CoFred

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks Slicer for your hard work. GL on these 2 plays and have a great time on Sunday at the game. I'm sure you know but the gametime has been pushed back to 4:15.

Also, Ax, thanks for the winner last night. After the first half I was a little worried but in the end we went to the window. Thanks bud for all your effort.

:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ChumpChange

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2009
Looks like most everyone is cashing a few tickets this week ... I'm 8 and 2 going into today ... life is good.

Early lean on Chicago / Atlanta under 196

granpa

Kid at heart
Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Michigan/Kansas O 140

Michigan/Kansas O 140

Does anyone else think this is low consideriing Kansas has a potent offense and Michgan can score if they're pressed into a running game? I see Kansas easily putting up 80+ in this one especially at home. Heading out for shopping but would appreciate any input.

Thanks, G :00x32

t-mook

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2009
yea thanks a lot to slicer for his college bball input and for everyone else who adds so much to this forum. Merry Christmas to all

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Slicer

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
North Carolina
Does anyone else think this is low consideriing Kansas has a potent offense and Michgan can score if they're pressed into a running game? I see Kansas easily putting up 80+ in this one especially at home. Heading out for shopping but would appreciate any input.

Thanks, G :00x32

Tend to agree with you on this one granpa, only reason it didn't make my top 2 was my worry of 2 things:

1) Michigan's approach to the game has to be limit possessions by Kansas and being more deliberate with the ball on the offensive side, potentially limiting Kansas to 42-50 FG attempts.

2) Michigan has been working on defense all week, granted they are going up against the best team in the country on the road, but the renewed committment to defense could pay off.

I agree it is still a low total, with teams combine avg of 160 on offense, yet 130 on defense, you have to believe it would fall in the 145+ range.

Personally I had it capped Kansas 82 Michigan 60

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ools

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
I'll be around to answer any questions up until 2pm, then I'm off to Baltimore for tomorrow's Ravens/Bears game, got a couple suite tixs on the 30 yard line from the Miller Lite/Coors Guys, my brother and I are gonna kick back, bet games and have a grand ole time. I'll be checking in on Sunday. BOL to my brothers @ Madjacks, keep on cashing those tickets!! :mj06: :00hour

FYI Slicer -- have you heard they moved the game time back to 4 pm due to the snow storms - Didn't want you stuck tailgating too early :mj06: :toast: :drinky:

Slicer

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
North Carolina
Yeah I heard on the weather channel last night, all good, we are headed up to Midlothian tonight, my brother owns a bunch of BW3's up in the Richmond area so he's gonna do some work and I'm gonna hang and eat free food and drink beer while watching the games, then we get to sleep in since the game is late, just glad I'm inside tomorrow cause it's gonna be cold as shit.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ools

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah I heard on the weather channel last night, all good, we are headed up to Midlothian tonight, my brother owns a bunch of BW3's up in the Richmond area so he's gonna do some work and I'm gonna hang and eat free food and drink beer while watching the games, then we get to sleep in since the game is late, just glad I'm inside tomorrow cause it's gonna be cold as shit.

Used to have an old girlfriend on Richmond are - spent time there. Think they got hit with snow...t
I know the Richmondites don't like it when our "yankee" weather drifts south :00x3

frogster

Forum Member
Nov 3, 2009
Hello to all, I don't mean to invade, just sharing info. Enjoy the game Slicer, thank you for the NCAA gem's. I have BAL as my best bet this week in the NFL. I have not had time to do alot over the last month or so. Just so you all know I posted in the NCAA fourm all my bowl picks, if you have interest. Thier are some very good cappers on this site in the NCAA forum. I don't know where you guys get the time to write all this good info, but I like to read it when I have the time. The STRONG plays are my bets, the leans I will consider as the games come up and depending on how my STRONG plays do. GL to all. Ax, please send me you info when you have time, thank you for all you do.

Truckin'

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2008
Not sure if this continues to head south but I like this game very much. Locked the over for 1/3U @193. May get a better number later. BOL Joe

Whats happening here? Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckfan77
Have you locked OKC+5 Ax?

Done Canuck

Thanks for last nights winner!!!
Painful to watch but loved every minute of it

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JCWhy

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2009
Indiana
I'm trying to find some time to cap today but running a retail store at this time of year yields little time for that. Most likely I will tail a couple of the plays in here. GL to everyone

Truckin'

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2008
Not sure if this continues to head south but I like this game very much. Locked the over for 1/3U @193. May get a better number later. BOL Joe

I have 190.5 at my book
OKl City +3.5 Now