NC Game Excitement?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
Besides LSU and Alabama fans, is anyone really that excited about this game? After what seems like 50 bowl games, a rematch that I have already seen doesn't really appeal to me. To add to it, I actually started watching another game because the first matchup was soooo boring. Am I the only one?

Reactions: Cie

ejthree

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Besides LSU and Alabama fans, is anyone really that excited about this game? After what seems like 50 bowl games, a rematch that I have already seen doesn't really appeal to me. To add to it, I actually started watching another game because the first matchup was soooo boring. Am I the only one?

ESPN has reported that ALA-LSU will have a LRG AUDIENCE...I'm looking very much forward to it....Just the 2 best college football teams in a long time...COMMON ON MAN.....:mj07:

Livin'tillthEnd

Forum Member
Nov 7, 2008
Dallas

yes, cant wait--best 2 teams in college:00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
ESPN has reported that ALA-LSU will have a LRG AUDIENCE...I'm looking very much forward to it....Just the 2 best college football teams in a long time...COMMON ON MAN.....:mj07:

Of course they are reporting a huge audience, they are carrying the game and it is between two schools from the conference that they have a huge contract with and are invested in needing the game to be hyped up.

in the black

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2004
B'ham,AL.
I'm sure I'll watch some but I'm not excited about it.LSU already beat them once wtf should they have to do it again.BS system for sure.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I'm sure I'll watch some but I'm not excited about it.LSU already beat them once wtf should they have to do it again.BS system for sure.

I keep hearing this argument and I just don't get it.

The Packers already went into NY and beat the Giants, yet I don't hear anybody talking about how it's complete BS that the Packers now have to beat them again next weekend. Last year the Packers didn't even win their division yet won the Super Bowl. The year the Titans went to the Superbowl the Jags had beaten them twice in the regular season, then lost to them in the playoffs. Give me 10 minutes and I'm sure I can come up with similar things that have happened in NBA, MLB, NHL, and college b-ball. So I just don't understand why it's suddenly an issue because it's finally happening in college foots.

in the black

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2004
B'ham,AL.
College football is played under an entirely different set of circumstances than the NFL so your argument doesn't really make any sense to me.All of those teams won to get in a 6 team "playoff" in each conference of the NFL where college is a beauty pageant and "every week matters" until it doesn't.

And if the BCS is to find the #1 team in the country - well we know it isn't Alabama they've already lost to LSU -at home- so it's impossible for them to be the best team in the country.

I keep hearing this argument and I just don't get it.

The Packers already went into NY and beat the Giants, yet I don't hear anybody talking about how it's complete BS that the Packers now have to beat them again next weekend. Last year the Packers didn't even win their division yet won the Super Bowl. The year the Titans went to the Superbowl the Jags had beaten them twice in the regular season, then lost to them in the playoffs. Give me 10 minutes and I'm sure I can come up with similar things that have happened in NBA, MLB, NHL, and college b-ball. So I just don't understand why it's suddenly an issue because it's finally happening in college foots.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I know my argument doesn't make any sense to you (and others that hold your point of view) because you hold the position that D1 college football is "different". It isn't. It's a team sport. And every other team sport and, for that matter, every other level of football (including all the other divisions at the college level) runs into this situation all the time.

And the BCS IS a playoff just like the NFL. It's just a 1-game playoff where all the D1 teams are playing for 2 spots instead of each conference playing for 6 spots. I know it's ridiculous to put it in those terms but that's because the BCS itself is ridiculous.

But above and beyond any of these arguments, what is the alternative? I know the public doesn't generally like rematches but that's not a good enough reason if your system is supposed to be objective. Can you honestly tell me after watching the other BCS games that any of those teams are better than Alabama? I certainly don't think so. I think that these are clearly the two best teams in the country and since you can't just crown LSU the champ without playing a game this is the matchup that was the most logical within this broken system.

24 hours from now, I don't think any of this will matter. LSU showed that they were better in Tuscaloosa and I think they will show it again tomorrow night.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I keep forgetting that there is a game
Tonight! I was very excited the first time they played but it just doesn't have the same spark for me this time around, maybe cause I am not wagering on
It or maybe cause I got effing destroyed in these bowls in the fourth quarter or in final minute! Too many bowls

Reactions: jhawksoon

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans

Wipe away the tears and realize bama and lsu would romp ok state.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Sandusky, Ohio State's violations, USC's violations have all garnered far more attention than recent BCS championship games. It speaks volumes about where the game is at and how badly a new governing body and playoff are needed.

There are two classes of programs out there now:

1) those that blatantly over sign, pay for play and allow boosters to run wild.

2) those that don't

Group 1 (and Texas, who falls in group 2) play for BCS titles. Group 2 does not. Group 2's fans are starting to realize this and thus there is little interest in this game outside of SEC country. So it goes.

Reactions: jhawksoon

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
I would much rather see a game matching up teams that didn't already play this year. So yes, I'm not as excited about the game as I normally would be.

I think Alabama and the over is the play tonight.

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
Wipe away the tears and realize bama and lsu would romp ok state.

You must be Nostradamus. What was the final score between Oklahoma St. and LSU? I guess I missed that game. Can't wait for Lessy poo to call another timeout he didn't have or run a fake that finally backfires on him. He's comical. :0008

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
When the SEC was looking up at the big ten and big xii, I did not whine about an uneven playing field, or the possibilty that players were being bought or anything else.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
You must be Nostradamus. What was the final score between Oklahoma St. and LSU? I guess I missed that game. Can't wait for Lessy poo to call another timeout he didn't have or run a fake that finally backfires on him. He's comical. :0008

Les is a goofy sob.

Remember while you mock him that you will never approach his level of success within your profession.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
And I wasn't whining about anything to do with the SEC. You took my thread that stated that this game had already been played and that it was boring the first time around and you turned it into something about the SEC and Oklahoma St. I just wanted to know if anyone that wasn't a fan of either school cared that much about the game. Madjacks member of the month, my ass. You must have nominated yourself. :142smilie

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
Les is a goofy sob.

Remember while you mock him that you will never approach his level of success within your profession.

You need to change your slogan under your name from lazy/stupid to omnipotent....nevermind I think lazy/stupid fits better. Good day and thanks for all of your mind blowing information you have added to this thread.